What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Sat - Eels 16-24 Cowboys @ ANZ

Finals Week 2: Eels v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheVelourFog

First Grade
They keep it simple and strangle the life out of the opposition, as Tim Mannah acknowledged. If you think they play an expansive game you are lacking basic Rugby League knowledge or you're borderline geniused. Bit of both.

no you got me beat for knowledge, you used the word "expansive" which is a good one

GongPanther

Referee
You play to your strengths and one of ours is long range tries. The Cowboys chase kicks very hard, which makes them vulnerable to having their kicks returned for four pointers.

We were hanging in there until our third string fullback let a bomb bounce and was stripped for a try. From that point we were behind on the scoreboard and needed to start throwing the ball around. If we'd tried to grind back in front we would've lost anyway.
Without Semi next year,you'll be looking for someone to really step up.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Parra have had a good finals series. We've probably played the two grand finalists in successive weeks.
Good season for the Eels, but they lacked patience and polish in their execution tonight and that's why they lost. You don't make that many soft errors in attack and be ahead on the scoreboard after 80 minutes.

Someguy

First Grade
The Storm push the rules all the time and usually get away with it. Last week they had a bloke sin binned to everyone's surprise. But the Eels matched them last week, in Melbourne of all places. It was three tries each. Tonight it was three tries to four. Parra have had a good finals series. We've probably played the two grand finalists in successive weeks.

To everyone's surprise? Storm have had 7 sin bins this season. The biggest surprise was that sin bin rules weren't enforced when Alvaro was throwing elbows and for semi's slap.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
100% they'd have much rather line up against your mob

Lmao no the eels literally lost the plot tonight. I think the roosters would probably rather play a team of peabrained choke artists than a team hardened by years of finals footy

You need to go have a glass of milk and cry out the salt

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Lmao no the eels literally lost the plot tonight. I think the roosters would probably rather play a team of peabrained choke artists than a team hardened by years of finals footy

You need to go have a glass of milk and cry out the salt

what do i need to be salty about, i applauded their gameplan and victory.

Pedge1971

First Grade
credit to the cows for playing zero risk football, the best kryptonite vs our footy, they defend well play high % never drop the ball took advantage of our 2 prop rotation we were spent. no doubt the other 3 teams in the comp are breathing a sigh of relief.

all in all well done to our boys, they can keep their head high no one expected us to even make the 8 and to get this far without gutho bevo and tepai this game and still be favourites is a massive acheivement despite the result.

if anything losing tonight keeps the pressure on the club to improve the player roster further and improve against next season.

None of the teams are breathing a sigh of relief. You guys were fun but mental midgets when it matters. Will be better next year though.

Someguy

First Grade
credit to the cows for playing zero risk football, the best kryptonite vs our footy, they defend well play high % never drop the ball took advantage of our 2 prop rotation we were spent. no doubt the other 3 teams in the comp are breathing a sigh of relief.

all in all well done to our boys, they can keep their head high no one expected us to even make the 8 and to get this far without gutho bevo and tepai this game and still be favourites is a massive acheivement despite the result.

if anything losing tonight keeps the pressure on the club to improve the player roster further and improve against next season.

Zero risk but gave up 2 tries off attacking kicks!? You know the definition of risk right?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Zero risk but gave up 2 tries off attacking kicks!? You know the definition of risk right?

they were high % plays, kicked into the corner on 1 and picked out the fb in the line on the other.

how about just crediting the eels for making something out of nothing, semi especially busted 3 tackles with pure skill

Someguy

First Grade
they were high % plays, kicked into the corner on 1 and picked out the fb in the line on the other.

how about just crediting the eels for making something out of nothing, semi especially busted 3 tackles with pure skill

Zero risk would be to die on the last tackle bulldogs style.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
what do i need to be salty about, i applauded their gameplan and victory.

Mate, we can recognise a person acting like a salty bitch on this forum and you are acting like a salty bitch. The cowboys outplayed you in every area. Smashed your forward pack into the dirt and if i was a rooster supporter i would feel more confident playing a parramatta out of ideas and clearly rattled as f**k then a cowboys finding an extra gear in the finals. The cowboys are vastly more experienced at finals footy if nothing else and the pack is better

That said i expect the roosters to beat the cowboys and would have expected them to beat the eels. The cowboys have errors galore in the backline. Winterstein has been trying to knock the cowboys out every chance he gets

The flick on Nine that is now supposed to be on,Snowpiercer, is a good movie.

Its a fun movie i liked it