What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge to Belmore?

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Rothfield rumours? lol
Think dogs had planned to announce either Pay or Dymock as coach in next week or so. Maguire may throw a spanner in the works.
Should announce a new signing around the same time, a former big name half heading back to Aust. Maybe.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
For your sake, I hope you don't sign Madge. May as well keep Hasler.

You need someone who gets the club. Not some scientific coach trying to turn the players into robots. One thing about the Bulldogs, is that they were hated by every non-Dogs fan, but equally respected. They played for each other and with passion and when they turned the attack on, they would beat anyone.

Madge doesn't understand that and doesn't know how to coach that. A coach like Toovey, who runs on emotion as much as brains is exactly who the Dogs need in my view.

___

Juniors
Souths finished below us on the ladder. Why sign Madge?

Surely we'll need someone who has the Dogs of War DNA in them - Dymock (logical) or Pay (favorite son).

Barkley

Bench
Madge is a good coach but he is not my preference as Dogs head coach. He would be better suited to Penrith,Merge or even the Titans IMO.

I can't see the board signing another outsider following Hasler...there has been so much talk from ex players and board members about the loss of the Bulldogs identity. I would personally be happy with Toovey but the uproar would be off the charts.

Dymock would be my pick.

ouryear

Juniors
Madge is a good coach but he is not my preference as Dogs head coach. He would be better suited to Penrith,Merge or even the Titans IMO.

I can't see the board signing another outsider following Hasler...there has been so much talk from ex players and board members about the loss of the Bulldogs identity. I would personally be happy with Toovey but the uproar would be off the charts.

Dymock would be my pick.
Get a hanger for ya spoon in 2018 ya merkins....woodsy will lead you there.