What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Iafeta

Referee
Yes I heard that too. I also heard their newsreader this afternoon cut off by an ad... IIRC it was one for some medical depression trial. Seemed fitting.

FlameThrower

Bench
The show went off air for about 10 minutes yesterday. Not sure if an intern accidentally pulled the plug but they had to fill it in with some 80s pop music until they were able to fix the issue.
Not the 1st that has happened and I have experienced an echo that went on for about 5 minutes and nobody seem to raise it as an issue. Lost count of how many times the traffic ad goes over the top of other ads and even repeating the same thing for the whole allotted commercial break..champagne radio!

Life's Good

Coach
I just listened to Giant Bunny carry on about GWS. You could have heard a pin drop between Hughes & Papworth who had ZERO interest. It was a truly painful call that was immediately bettered by Phil who wanted to add some points about 'The Big O' and his list. Snails doing laps on my front lawn are more captivating.

Iafeta

Referee
Some first time caller called in to argue on the Os list. This fellow rated Johns higher than Smith. Pappy was good saying he's entitled to his opinion. Hughes was completely in contempt, you could hear his will to live escape him and he completely belittled some first time caller dare criticise the great Big O.

Bruiser
Big O
Gewawd Condom

And I'd even say of the others like drunk Andy, hooiii gooouuuyys Sue and Bill the Kiwi, odds on they're paid for plants to fill air space.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Some first time caller called in to argue on the Os list. This fellow rated Johns higher than Smith. Pappy was good saying he's entitled to his opinion. Hughes was completely in contempt, you could hear his will to live escape him and he completely belittled some first time caller dare criticise the great Big O.

Bruiser
Big O
Gewawd Condom

And I'd even say of the others like drunk Andy, hooiii gooouuuyys Sue and Bill the Kiwi, odds on they're paid for plants to fill air space.
O rang up today to justify his top 15. Went back and forward between him and Hughes in an argument. I mean it is subjective and no one can be proved incorrect. Rubbish radio.

I don't think anyone gets paid to get on. Hughes can't afford to pay people unless it is a little sh!tty amount. Condom and that horse racing bloke are on so they can have their rubbish websites advertised. Both are failed journalists attempting to get a dollar with "inside tips" websites. They are genuine nobody's.

Drunk Andy supposedly has a job helping the disabled. I have heard him on 2UE and 2GB going for their on-air competitions over the years. Andy surprisingly sounded lucid when he got on to have his go. I have heard him have a serious conversation about the invalid where he sounded pretty sober. I guess he wants to present a drunken fool persona on 2SM.

Sue is a carve up. John Laws has carved her up. Two Tits carves her up. I don't know why she bothers ringing in. Better to talk your shit to your friends who know you. LOL.

Tiger5150

Bench
I just listened to Giant Bunny carry on about GWS. You could have heard a pin drop between Hughes & Papworth who had ZERO interest. It was a truly painful call that was immediately bettered by Phil who wanted to add some points about 'The Big O' and his list. Snails doing laps on my front lawn are more captivating.
He ran the other day as Bunniesman and even ended his talk with "you heard it here first"

nomis88

Juniors
I had to turn it off yesterday. They were getting hysterical about the pre game entertainment including a pro SSM song, horror of horrors. Entertainers tend to sing their hits and this was one of Macklemore's hits. I have noticed previously that Papworth is a bit of a redneck. I have noticed his racist attitudes when indigenous issues have bee n discussed in the past. Redneck radio at its best (or worst).

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I had to turn it off yesterday. They were getting hysterical about the pre game entertainment including a pro SSM song, horror of horrors. Entertainers tend to sing their hits and this was one of Macklemore's hits. I have noticed previously that Papworth is a bit of a redneck. I have noticed his racist attitudes when indigenous issues have bee n discussed in the past. Redneck radio at its best (or worst).
I actually called them yesterday for the first time & said basically the exact same thing. I've never had the inclination to call them before but listening to the way they were carrying on, saying the NRL was pushing a political message I felt the urge to call & tell them this guy is just playing one of his popular songs which you would expect from any artist.

no name

Coach
I actually had a good chuckle yesterday at 3 middle aged white blokes asking 'what about my views?'
This is probably one of the best moves the Greenberg had ever made, got plenty of people talking about the game.
I'm looking forward to the vision of the crowd singing along to the songs. There will be some that don't know Macklemore, but plenty of them will.
Hughes reckons he's worried about the crowd turning on each other.
Haven't listened today but I'm sure it's been much of the same.