What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leigh or Catalans in Championship 2018

Who will win the Million Pound Game?

• Leigh

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Catalans

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Got up to watch the game a couple of hours ago and it was done and dusted, daylight saving d'oh, well done to Catalans, I thought that Leigh would win after what I saw last weekend.

Stallion

First Grade
Got up to watch the game a couple of hours ago and it was done and dusted, daylight saving d'oh, well done to Catalans, I thought that Leigh would win after what I saw last weekend.

Catalans played well. The Leigh coach spoke very well and it looks like Catalans, coached by the well credentialled Macnamara are committed to getting their act together to benefit the code in France. Thats the feeling I got during the post match interviews.

Stallion

First Grade
Yes. You bring up a good point. It would be so good if Foxtel looked to expand its coverage of the game internationally. I suspect many people would like to view games or even a magazine style show about the game in overseas areas. For instance I'd be fascinated to watch a Toronto Wolfpack game played in Canada. Here's hoping.

Stallion

First Grade
Panic over..a heartland club has been relegated...phew...

With a chance to get back up again. So their is hope but it highlights the issue for an isolated club like Catalans, if demoted, that the code is detrimentally impacted in that area.

NRLMad

Juniors
The NRL should allow for 1/2 additional NZ teams, 2 teams from the pacific islands, and Perth - what a massive Tv deal that would be

NRLMad

Juniors
With a chance to get back up again. So their is hope but it highlights the issue for an isolated club like Catalans, if demoted, that the code is detrimentally impacted in that area.
Yes that's right. Leigh had a good squad, they had home ground advantage, what else did they need? What you need to think about is the future, Leigh may always be league, but sat Catalans went down? Catalans need a damn good coach and they'd win every year.

NRLMad

Juniors
Id be interested in knowing how many French players are playing in English teams due to the 'catalans' effect.

roughyedspud

Coach
6-10 of the top of my head..

Ps the Catalan effect issue to French players getting forced out of Catalan by aging,overseas journeymen

Pommy

Coach
Yes. You bring up a good point. It would be so good if Foxtel looked to expand its coverage of the game internationally. I suspect many people would like to view games or even a magazine style show about the game in overseas areas. For instance I'd be fascinated to watch a Toronto Wolfpack game played in Canada. Here's hoping.

I think there all on YouTube.

Catalans played well. The Leigh coach spoke very well and it looks like Catalans, coached by the well credentialled Macnamara are committed to getting their act together to benefit the code in France. Thats the feeling I got during the post match interviews.

Hopefully this is the kick up the arse they needed. If we had PandR in oz perhaps we could scare warriors in to not being useless.

Stallion

First Grade
I think there all on YouTube.

Hopefully this is the kick up the arse they needed. If we had PandR in oz perhaps we could scare warriors in to not being useless.

Thanks about the YouTube info. It would be so much better if tv had this 'pioneering' story of the Toronto Wolfpak. Even the story of the Catalans club to date would be fascinating to see. TV is a much more accessable medium, especially for neutral sports fans. The fan isnt specificslly looking up to findit on YouTube . With tv its there and can be seen by a wider audience. Just a tad easier. Ive looked up some things on the Wolfpack in the net but Im sure the publicity asdociated with tv coverage is much more potent.

Pommy

Coach
Thanks about the YouTube info. It would be so much better if tv had this 'pioneering' story of the Toronto Wolfpak. Even the story of the Catalans club to date would be fascinating to see. TV is a much more accessable medium, especially for neutral sports fans. The fan isnt specificslly looking up to findit on YouTube . With tv its there and can be seen by a wider audience. Just a tad easier. Ive looked up some things on the Wolfpack in the net but Im sure the publicity asdociated with tv coverage is much more potent.

Yeah I agree I thought fox league would have used it as filler if nothing else this season. Sadly that hasn’t even happened.

Last edited:

NRLMad

Juniors
6-10 of the top of my head..

Ps the Catalan effect issue to French players getting forced out of Catalan by aging,overseas journeymen
I think that's all about man management on the Catalans side - why you'd have a number of the imports i don't know. I would've picking up young Aussie/Nz players personally - much cheaper and would do the job. Half of the current team are way past it and don't deserve to be in any team, irrespective of league. Why would Catalans even hire half of them......

Pommy

Coach
I think that's all about man management on the Catalans side - why you'd have a number of the imports i don't know. I would've picking up young Aussie/Nz players personally - much cheaper and would do the job. Half of the current team are way past it and don't deserve to be in any team, irrespective of league. Why would Catalans even hire half of them......

Because poor RL management does not believe in borders.