What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
Not all players decline at the same age or speed. The Storm big 3 and Thurston are all freaks.

Maloney is about the same age now as when Soward was past his best and not much use. Peter Wallace is also only 31 and his best footy is also behind him.

Last year might have been his best season. But this year was his worst. He was deadset average at best... nowhere near the player he was. Exactly what could he teach Cleary? Pearce and Johnson didnt learn shit from him.

We don't need a journeyman mentoring Cleary. Whats he going to teach him? f**k being a one club player.... take the biggest offer at every new contract?

I would rather spend the year developing a young guy than waste it with Maloney.
A journeyman!! I don't think you understand what that means. 203 games, 9 for NSW, 2 for Australia , 3 minor premierships and 2 premierships is not the resume of a journeyman.

You don't think Cleary can learn from Maloney what clubs like Cronulla and the Roosters do? You don't think Pearce or Johnson are better players because of Maloney's influence? You think he just blagged his way into premiership winning sides and it took three years for the Roosters to realise he was a journeyman. The Roosters finished near last the season he left.

It would seem the more games he misses the better Moylan becomes. Give him a few more matches on the sidelines and he will be Billy Slater/Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk all rolled into one. He is yet to be as good as Maloney. Moylan hasn't proven yet that he can stand multiple seasons of hard graft, as injured as he often is and singled out by Griffin because of his bad attitude to training and recovery.

GongPanther

Referee
Phil Gould re RCG "Bench player of the year award? What a load of crap that award is!" "If RCG isn't the best prop in the comp..." lol!

Gould has just said in his speech that Akuaola is the only player leaving and we will not be recruiting any players from outside the club for next year. I guess we will find out soon if that is true.

mxlegend99

Referee
A journeyman!! I don't think you understand what that means. 203 games, 9 for NSW, 2 for Australia , 3 minor premierships and 2 premierships is not the resume of a journeyman.

You don't think Cleary can learn from Maloney what clubs like Cronulla and the Roosters do? You don't think Pearce or Johnson are better players because of Maloney's influence? You think he just blagged his way into premiership winning sides and it took three years for the Roosters to realise he was a journeyman. The Roosters finished near last the season he left.

It would seem the more games he misses the better Moylan becomes. Give him a few more matches on the sidelines and he will be Billy Slater/Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk all rolled into one. He is yet to be as good as Maloney. Moylan hasn't proven yet that he can stand multiple seasons of hard graft, as injured as he often is and singled out by Griffin because of his bad attitude to training and recovery.
He goes from one club to the next at every new contract. His former club doesnt want him.

Eels > Storm > Warriors > Roosters > Sharks > Panthers...

That's a journeyman... if Maloney was so good and Moylan is so bad then why the f**k is every club in the competition lining up to get Moylan?

Sharks are happy to get rid of this supposedly terrific 5/8th for this supposedly shit one despite the fact Moylan will get alot more than Maloney is on.

His best years are behind him. The clubs he leaves are no better or worse off after he goes. He hasnt developed anyone. We had a player who could have done what Maloney can supposedly do and we sent him packing to the UK. Cleary would have learned far more from partnering Soward last year than he would from partnering Maloney next year.

Maloney WAS a terrific player. But he has never been one to help develop others. The only areas he stood out in this year were missing more tackles per game than any other player and giving away more penalties. We already miss more tackles and concede more penalties than we can cope with. A year with him will be a year where we gain nothing. It holds back development of a long-term 6 and does nothing to help Cleary.

Kilkenny

Coach
Honestly some of you guys (you know who you are I don;t need to spell it out for you) really need to go and find another team to support given how negative you are.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously, f**k Gus Gould.

I’ll always support this club, but he’s made some absolutely bone headed decisions in the last 2 years, now he’s saddled us with Griffin for a further 2 years.

Perhaps you could do us a favour and go and support another club. You don't support this club, True supporters support the club all we have read from you is one negative post after another, Nothing positive about our club you have made that clear time and time again.

Exsilium

First Grade
He goes from one club to the next at every new contract. His former club doesnt want him.

Eels > Storm > Warriors > Roosters > Sharks > Panthers...

That's a journeyman... if Maloney was so good and Moylan is so bad then why the f**k is every club in the competition lining up to get Moylan?

Sharks are happy to get rid of this supposedly terrific 5/8th for this supposedly shit one despite the fact Moylan will get alot more than Maloney is on.

His best years are behind him. The clubs he leaves are no better or worse off after he goes. He hasnt developed anyone. We had a player who could have done what Maloney can supposedly do and we sent him packing to the UK. Cleary would have learned far more from partnering Soward last year than he would from partnering Maloney next year.

Maloney WAS a terrific player. But he has never been one to help develop others. The only areas he stood out in this year were missing more tackles per game than any other player and giving away more penalties. We already miss more tackles and concede more penalties than we can cope with. A year with him will be a year where we gain nothing. It holds back development of a long-term 6 and does nothing to help Cleary.

HIs former club doesn't need him.

Yes he is a journeyman and a very successful one at that. He has a history of winning and every team he plays for his peers speak of his professionalism, football ability and leadership. He is still in rep teams, something Soward had not been in for the years prior.

He has a strong kicking, running and passing game. He reads the game very well. He knows how to build pressure, offers leadership and is certainly not over the hill. Yes he can give away dumb penalties but for all your criticism of him he seems to be representing himself pretty well so far as results and football honours.

Any club would be willing to punt on Moylan because he can be a quality footballer at times but ultimately if he doesn't want to be here or he wont be here then I want a replacement and Maloney would do nicely.

I personally don't care if Moylan leaves. I've had enough of the circus. His attitude at times, even well before this whole crap started, has been garbage. He is not the player some people think he is and foundations have been set within this club to replace players who dont want to be here.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Cleary said at the awards that he hoped to win the comp in a couple of years.That is were I got my notion from.If he said a few years,I'd be confident of him staying longer.See what two more years unfolds.
That's a pretty poor attempt at interpreting somebody's future intentions. LOL

Bob

Juniors
[/QUOTE]I personally don't care if Moylan leaves. I've had enough of the circus. His attitude at times, even well before this whole crap started, has been garbage. He is not the player some people think he is and foundations have been set within this club to replace players who dont want to be here.[/QUOTE]
I'm over this shit as well, if he wants to go then f**k off and go to Cronulla or manly or wests tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts