What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Walmsley

Maybe we should use Frizell, Thompson and Vaughan in the centres and wings occasionally next year as they are faster than the rest of our three-quarter line and can tackle and have good ball security. That would allow us to promote Host to partner De Belin and Sims and play Leilua on the bench with Lawrie and Latimore with Mann as the utility as follows:-
Dufty
Nightingale
Frizell
Vaughan
Thompson
Wisddop
Hunt
De Belin
Sims
Host
Graham
McInnes
Ah Mau
Bench
Leilua
Lawrie
Latimore
Mann
That would get rid of Aitken, Lafai and MacDonald and the ineffective McCrone and Milne who lost us games through poor defence, dropped ball, stupid passes and pedestrian attack highlighted by brain explosions.We could then await the arrival of the Under 20's backs. Bennrtt used Costigan, Prior and Scott quite effectively in these types of utility roles to plug gaps.
If you are trying to be serious please stop.

This Year?

Immortal
Well done pommies. We've won the comp in 2018. Great job to all involved.

Too bad we won't understand a word in the interviews.

nontime111

Juniors
Walmsley is hilarious! seems like a really top bloke also, I hope he comes! hes not just a wrecking ball he looks like hed lift the teams spirits aswell in hard times!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I am concerned about 2018. In 2017 the NRL team won 6 out of 7 games and then went on to only win 6 out of 17 games. If the game plan and team application does not markedly improve next year the same could occur. What do others think?

LINESPEED

Juniors
I am concerned about 2018. In 2017 the NRL team won 6 out of 7 games and then went on to only win 6 out of 17 games. If the game plan and team application does not markedly improve next year the same could occur. What do others think?

Only hope:
1. Is for new players like Graham & Hunt and personalities maybe like Walmsley to challenge Mary's bullshit & obvious stupidity & change the dynamic. (FMD a player revolt??)
2. A junior (or two) gets an unexpected break & plays out of his skin & has to be selected, despite Mc Ego's tendency to pick his out of form favourites.
3. The deadwood in the backline is replaced with speed & consistency.
4. A scandal puts the cleaners thru the club.

Otherwise nothing can change

Last edited:

merahputih

Juniors
Only hope:
1. Is for Graham & Hunt to challenge Mary's obvious stupidity & change the dynamic. (FMD a player revolt??)
2. A junior (or two) gets an unexpected break & plays out of his skin & has to be selected, despite Mc Ego's tendency to pick his out of form favourites.

Hunt and Graham should change the dynamic of the team, but will Mary have the creativity to devise a game plan and strategy for the entire season. As they say:"Premierships are not won in May." The power game that worked in the early part of the season was not sustainable and the side looked busted at the sharp end of the year when they should have been firing leading into the semis. Some

Saintsified

Bench
Hunt and Graham should change the dynamic of the team, but will Mary have the creativity to devise a game plan and strategy for the entire season. As they say:"Premierships are not won in May." The power game that worked in the early part of the season was not sustainable and the side looked busted at the sharp end of the year when they should have been firing leading into the semis. Some
In our case March.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Against us:
- Will be coached by Bennett
- Has been coached by Nathan Brown before, swap with Hodkinson possible

For us:
- Will be playing with Graham and Widdop in the WC
- Graham in particular is a St Helens legend, likely has massive respect for him
- Maybe he wants to move from Red V to Red V, saints to saints?
- We have the cap space to make a competitive offer

Bennett's lost his lustre with the players I think & Walmsley would probably want to move on from Brown.
And he knows he'd be going to a great forward pack that ranked highly in metres in the NRL And as you say, he would have highly experienced mates at the Red V.
He was the top metre eater in the ESL - so that kinda lines up too. Dunno how quick he is.
Together these new guys would certainly rock the JetSki.
Maybe it could be Doust's & Millward's way of compensating for Mc Dud's deficiencies.

If you can believe The Mole, we're in with a real show to land him

Notwithstanding a major turnaround in coaching aptitude, the considerations for 2018 include:
1. What our draw of fixtures are. If we have a soft draw like 2017 then obviously it will help us win more games regardless of who is steering the ship.
If however we have to play the top 4 teams twice instead of once (like 2017) then there is a chance we will lose more games.
2. Opposition coaches will devise tactics to counter whatever game plans McGregor comes up with.
They would back themselves to work us out and provide a game plan to shut down Hunt and Widdop and match us in the forwards.
So many coaches did it in 2017 so something drastic has to change in order to stave off the same dynamics as 2017.

Hunt is the major upgrade in our squad but he is only human.
He comes out of the Bronocs coaching environment which is competent and structured.
How he is utilized will go a long way towards whether we make the finals or not.

Personally, I am not optimistic while McGregor is in charge.

ouryear

Juniors
Oh boy, another thread pointlessly bumped by the same content as every other thread.

You know things are bad when I have to check the title of the thread I'm reading because the posts get mixed up with all the rest....

Well....every bit of hope we have for 2018 revolves around Mary at least tripling his coaching skills and coaching I.Q.

So no matter what is posted....its always going to come back to the lowest common demoninator.

Mary McGregor!

LINESPEED

Juniors
Well....every bit of hope we have for 2018 revolves around Mary at least tripling his coaching skills and coaching I.Q.

So no matter what is posted....its always going to come back to the lowest common demoninator.

Mary McGregor!

Our hope has to be in new blood trashing the stagnant, tunnel vision nepotism of the Old Boys' club?
At 27, Walmsley looks the goods. Vaughan changed things up, so 2 new forwards (who know how to win) and a new playmaker will make a difference.

possm

Coach
Only hope:
1. Is for new players like Graham & Hunt and personalities maybe like Walmsley to challenge Mary's bullshit & obvious stupidity & change the dynamic. (FMD a player revolt??)

My tip for 2018:
  1. Lomax to kill it at right centre
  2. Leilua to be more than a good replacement for Thompson
  3. Wolmsley to make all the difference in our prop rotation
  4. Mann to be our top try scorer on the left wing
  5. McInnes to run and kick on the last tackle more often

ouryear

Juniors
My tip for 2018:
Possum....love your tips. But Mary will stop them coming to fruition.

1. Lomax wont be chosen.

2. Leilua wont be chosen.

3. Number 3 above....yep, there is hope there.

4. Mann wont be chosen there too often. If Nene stays and there are no injuries, Mary will ensure Manns career as a journey man becomes serious.

5. Mary wont allow McInnes to run or kick, unless Hunt, Widdop and Jimmy Graham tell Mary....this is how its gonna be coach!

Graham did not tell Des to let Lichha.....so can he tell Mary??

A great leader on the field... may not necessarily have the skillls and strength to take on the coach!

It will take Widdop, Hunt, Jimmy Graham, Jack De Belin..and Fritz ALL to join forces against the
dark one.

Como Connection

First Grade
My tip for 2018:
Point 2
Sims first go possm.
CC