What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brands You Hate

Pommy

Coach
AFL

Manchester City FC/Chelsea and all their 'fans' who didn't support them before the Arab/Russian takeovers.

Windows

Vodafone (had shit service over 20 years ago and still hold the grudge)

Any American car company

Holden (its just Vauxhall with a better PR team)

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
NFI why anyone drinks that shit regardless of Diageo tbh. The poorest imitation of rum in the world
I lived in Bundaberg from 2007 to 2015. Every second person walks around in a Bundy Rum t-shirt. As for as I'm concerned, it's the only paint stripper sold in 700 mL bottles.

Regardless of how much you drink, you always wake up the next day with that rancid taste of stale rum in your mouth.

Reactions: OVP

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I presume that means you're not an Australian mainstream beer drinker
I do drink mainstream Australian beers to be honest. All the trendy Wendys can have their Coronas, Heinekens and Budweisers. They all taste like shit. The other night I had a bottle of Becks something that tasted like triple shit.

Hating a brand does not necessarily I hate all their products.Due to a restricted choice of range, you just sometimes have to buy a product of brands you hate. It's like someone saying "I hate Caltex, BP, Shell, Mobil, Liberty and United" and not buying their products. Just hope they use public transport because they won't be going far in their car.

OVP

Coach
NFI why anyone drinks that shit regardless of Diageo tbh. The poorest imitation of rum in the world

Oh I couldn't possibly agree more with you on that. Australians DO NOT know how to make rum.

Jamaican rum is superb and smooth as silk, Bundy is methylated spirits+turps with a tea bag.

edit: you can't say meth0 on this forum ... bizarre.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Oh I couldn't possibly agree more with you on that. Australians DO NOT know how to make rum.

Jamaican rum is superb and smooth as silk, Bundy is methylated spirits+turps with a tea bag.

edit: you can't say meth0 on this forum ... bizarre.
Just call it denatured ethanol....

All will be cool.

Knightmare

Coach
AFL

Manchester City FC/Chelsea and all their 'fans' who didn't support them before the Arab/Russian takeovers.

Windows

Vodafone (had shit service over 20 years ago and still hold the grudge)

Any American car company

Holden (its just Vauxhall with a better PR team)

Amen. While LFC, Spurs, Man United, Arsenal, Everton etc are football clubs, I regard PSG and the above listed as business transactions...

Bundaberg Rum. Unmistakably Ours.

I knew the chick who was National Bundy Rum brand manager a few years back.
Interesting chatting to her about how they were trying to re-align the brand away from the bogan market.

That whole MEN LIKE US LIKE RUM campaign was her doing; and phasing out the polar bear from the advertising mix. They realise that the product itself is shit and tried to engineer some more top end stuff but very much like VB they couldnt afford to alienate their core market and change the recipe for fear of a backlash.

Bazal

Post Whore
I knew the chick who was National Bundy Rum brand manager a few years back.
Interesting chatting to her about how they were trying to re-align the brand away from the bogan market.

That whole MEN LIKE US LIKE RUM campaign was her doing; and phasing out the polar bear from the advertising mix. They realise that the product itself is shit and tried to engineer some more top end stuff but very much like VB they couldnt afford to alienate their core market and change the recipe for fear of a backlash.

They don't need to change the recipe to create backlash.

I remember when they changed their fking cap colour from black to yellow and we had bogans going "aw nah I'm gonna go somewhere that's got the black one, they changed the recipe when they changed the cap!"

"It's the same recipe they literally just wanted the caps to match the labels."

"What would you know anyway? I've drunk it for me whole life and they've f**ken changed it! It's shit now!"

Based on a real conversation. You can tell I loved that job...

Latest posts