What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games

Bulldog Force

Referee
Did anyone ever play Skyblazer on the SNES?

This one is criminally underrated. Has awesome graphics & music, a huge set of power moves and pretty creative boss stages too.

Skyblazer_cover.jpg

Skyblazer-SNES-Gameplay-Screenshot-3.png

They just dont make em like they used to.

Wow! I can't believe I didn't notice it before. I must be one of those hidden gems for the SNES. It's a pixelated platform game which tends to be my weakness :D

Mate you need to do a review on this game for your YouTube channel - that looks awesome ;-)

Bulldog Force

Referee
I hired it once from the video store back in the 90s. I thought it was pretty good. I planned on buying it but it just sort of passed me by. Thanks for bringing it up again - I might fire up the old black box soon if I can find a copy on eBay :D

___

Juniors
On an emulator?

I only had the NES version but also remember it being crazy difficult with terrible controls.
Yes I played it on emulator. I played it on the console when I was a lad, but it was not easy at all - I still remember it being crazy difficult. It was on par with Operation Wolf in terms of difficulty.

InFlames

Juniors
Yes I played it on emulator. I played it on the console when I was a lad, but it was not easy at all - I still remember it being crazy difficult. It was on par with Operation Wolf in terms of difficulty.

Still on the neo geo mate?

I've dusted off my old power mac and have been playing Spectre 3d. Its amazing how many good mac games/free shareware existed.

Still firing up the master system games?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I hired it once from the video store back in the 90s. I thought it was pretty good. I planned on buying it but it just sort of passed me by. Thanks for bringing it up again - I might fire up the old black box soon if I can find a copy on eBay :D

I MAY have one you can have.
Let me have a look on the weekend.

I bought one and a Mega drive years ago, never got the Megadrive to work and it's been disposed of, but I still (as far as I know) have the game. If I can find it, it's yours for free.

___

Juniors
I MAY have one you can have.
Let me have a look on the weekend.

I bought one and a Mega drive years ago, never got the Megadrive to work and it's been disposed of, but I still (as far as I know) have the game. If I can find it, it's yours for free.
Thanks mate I appreciate that, but the only problem for me is that my Mega Drive doesn't work anymore either :( I'm sure someone like @InFlames wouldn't mind it though - but I do appreciate the thought mate.

___

Juniors
Still on the neo geo mate?

I've dusted off my old power mac and have been playing Spectre 3d. Its amazing how many good mac games/free shareware existed.

Still firing up the master system games?
Oh mate this Neo Geo Emu I'm using at the moment has some absolute gems on it. Do a google search for NeoRageX - it's got some beauties in there. I totally think that this emu is better than Mame in terms of getting the NeoGeo roms working.

Yes mate Master System will be something I spend more time on. Lately I've been playing Fantasy Zone and Sonic 2 a lot - I just can't get enough of the classics. I watched one of your videos recently too - the Terminator review on NES :)

InFlames

Juniors
Oh mate this Neo Geo Emu I'm using at the moment has some absolute gems on it. Do a google search for NeoRageX - it's got some beauties in there. I totally think that this emu is better than Mame in terms of getting the NeoGeo roms working.

Yes mate Master System will be something I spend more time on. Lately I've been playing Fantasy Zone and Sonic 2 a lot - I just can't get enough of the classics. I watched one of your videos recently too - the Terminator review on NES :)

Sonic 2! So timeless!

Wish I had time to still do those reviews. They were so much fun to make.

Downloaded Neorage X. Will get back to you with how it goes.

___

Juniors
Sonic 2! So timeless!

Wish I had time to still do those reviews. They were so much fun to make.

Downloaded Neorage X. Will get back to you with how it goes.
No worries mate - it should come with a heap of pre-loaded games so no need to download any.

The one thing about Sonic games that always confused me though was how the games were so different between ports. In other words, how come the Master System version and Mega Drive versions were never anything alike in terms of gameplay or even story - they were completely different.

___

Juniors
I really enjoy Medal of Honor and the old COD games.
Nothing beats the originals. Those old MoH games that were about WWI and WWII are awesome. All these new modern warfare and black ops and online games don't hold a torch to the originals.

Latest posts