What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Talking soley on last nights game. He did nothing. Contributed stuff all. But when had to chances? Well......

Goals are probably the most important stat and it looks very good on paper. What other stats do you have on last night's game that make you think otherwise?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Paulo got Canberra player of the season
590bb16d560270844306936bd950d83146fb38e0deac3331a7200911b87bd3ee.jpg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not sure I can agree with that - I think he'd easily make the top 17 at most top 4 clubs; he's the ideal type of player that the Storm love, and his energy and defence make him a valuable contributor.

He'd easily start for the Cowboys ahead of Fensom imo.

Alvaro is under-rated, and the only reason I can see why is because he's not flashy (despite scoring two cracking tries already in his career).

Yep, if glabsy can make the premiers side, I am sure Alvaro would be able too!

Glabsy is a poor mans Alvaro.......

Eelementary

Post Whore
Daniel Alvaro's stats for 2017 (courtesy of www.nrl.com)

25 games played
252 runs
2,240m (9m per run)
10 runs per game for 9m per run
710 tackles
29 tackles per game

Sure, he could have broken the 100m barrier more - but 9m per run is outstanding, and his defence is top notch.

Glenneel

Bench
Give me Napa over Paulo any day. He didn’t fire in prelim final no, but Paulo gone missing much more this year.
Think that is because Paulo is well overweight, apparently about 129kg at Raiders whereas was around 120kg here. That is about his best weight and if here would be the target for BA.

Glenneel

Bench
The fact Alvaro is now our No 1 prop is worrying. He wouldn't make most teams starting side and plenty not even on the bench.
We have about 6 props who are quality wise all between 5-6/10. All first graders but nothing great and none with any real potential to become elite.
You can't say that Hindy. I've said that for some time and was bashed all over the park by most of the posters on here who love the status quo.

Glenneel

Bench
Not sure I can agree with that - I think he'd easily make the top 17 at most top 4 clubs; he's the ideal type of player that the Storm love, and his energy and defence make him a valuable contributor.

He'd easily start for the Cowboys ahead of Fensom imo.

Alvaro is under-rated, and the only reason I can see why is because he's not flashy (despite scoring two cracking tries already in his career).
You completely missed the point, we need game breaking props, and we have none. We need at least 2 imo and then Alvaro would be ideal as a bench prop that comes on to provide a steadying influence while our game breakers are off. He is not dynamic enough to be a starting prop but unfortunately he is what we have and superior to Mannah.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can't say that Hindy. I've said that for some time and was bashed all over the park by most of the posters on here who love the status quo.
FFS mate, Brown will still be our top attacking middle forward next year, and Kane Evans will be close behind him. Alvaro and Mannah will continue to do a lot of their tackling for them. We just finished top four you nitwit merkin.