What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk, where will he end up, any clues?

ouryear

Juniors
Uncle Nick will make this happen.
I am sure glad we have got Hunt otherwise we may have ended up with Pearce.
If cronk goes there, he wont be able to help that hell hole of an excuse for a club.

No heart...no soul...spiritless club.

If cronk goes there, he will just become another party boy and flunk out just like they did this year when it got harder.

I know we cant talk....but then again we spend only half their cap.

Buying a premiership has proven to be unsucessful in MOST cases.

Storm, Cowboys with JT, a bettter sharks team, Eels, Panthers... and even Manly will all still have the Rorters measure

Life's Good

Coach
If cronk goes there, he wont be able to help that hell hole of an excuse for a club.

If cronk goes there, he will just become another party boy and flunk out just like they did this year when it got harder.

Storm, Cowboys with JT, a bettter sharks team, Eels, Panthers... and even Manly will all still have the Rorters measure
Through the finals their props just didn’t aim up. For all the wraps on Napa, he went missing and for all the ‘mongrel’ of JWH he hardly made a whimper.

SaintPauli

Juniors
What a frigging heartless coniving so called fluffs the roarters are. Pearce is raised on a pedestal even with his defects, has a good season by a halfs standard and then along comes Cronk and bye bye Peace. Why would any NRL player join that heartless business. I won't call it a club because it ain't!

In todays Smelligraph. the Rorters are firming.

Yep, Politis makes things happen. Leaving no stoned unturned, seeking every conceivable competitive advantage. Always striving to win the premiership.

Doust on the other hand is happy to finish just somewhere near the top 8.

I'm over this self-serving fiefdom masquerading as a professional football club.

Straight Shooter

Saintsified

Bench
Yep, Politis makes things happen. Leaving no stoned unturned, seeking every conceivable competitive advantage. Always striving to win the premiership.

I'm over this self-serving fiefdom masquerading as a professional football club.

Straight Shooter
I thought you were about to say happy to finish his beer.

ouryear

Juniors

Straight Shooter
He has also created a souless spiritless club.....lucky to pull 8,000 of their own fans on a good day. They buy players but have created nothing sustainable. I would rather Hunt.

Lets see how Shonk goes with no smith.....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

OY, think your being a tad harsh on Easts.
Look at the enormous juniors system they have in place, not to mention the RSPCA kennels they’ve installed to nurture their players thru the grades.
Yep, l reckon the place has a great sole and with uncle Nick calling the shots, we all can be assured the club meets the strict cap requirements set by the NRL.
I’d love to talk more but l’m running late for the annual Pathological Liars Convention here on the Coast.

SBD82

Coach
It's kind of hypocritical these days for us to accuse the roosters of buying and not developing players.

1. Dufty
2. McDonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. Mcinnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. JDB
14. Sims
15. Ah mau
16. Host
17. Field

The days of juniors dominating our teams seem a distant memory.

Life's Good

Coach
It's kind of hypocritical these days for us to accuse the roosters of buying and not developing players.

1. Dufty
2. McDonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. Mcinnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. JDB
14. Sims
15. Ah mau
16. Host
17. Field

That's a very good point (wonder how our 2010 GF team looked with juniors vs. imports).
The whole junior thing is probably more a legacy of the 'old days' that is hard to shake when you consider that you got to know the juniors a hell of a lot better when all 3 grades played prior to 1st grade. Nowadays the horse trading on players starts when the players aren't even near 1st grade so the attachment isn't what it was(at least for me anyway).
Just like business is about profit, sport is about winning and if that means imports vs. locals then so be it because the landscape has changed and you need to move with it or fall behind.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

1. Dufty
2. McDonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. Mcinnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. JDB
14. Sims
15. Ah mau
16. Host
17. Field

It's not the fact that they're buying juniors, every good team does that. It's the fact that they have one of the most star studded rosters in the competition and somehow have 800k salary cap space? I obviously dislike the roosters but there is no way that I'm being biased here when I say they're on a different salary cap to everyone else. A few months ago there were rumours of them struggling to resign their players and now they have 800k in the cap? Yeah nah. They steal every other teams talent. More than half of those players in bold wouldn't make the roosters top 17.

ouryear

Juniors

1. Dufty
2. McDonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. Mcinnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. JDB
14. Sims
15. Ah mau
16. Host
17. Field

Is Sims not a junior? Born and played junior footy in Gerringing. Moved to OLD for NYC with Donkeys. We can claim a gerringong boy!

Last edited:

Latest posts