What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I love how when players are at clubs their on shitloads of money, but when they leave apparently their on peanuts. Harris is an international, imo he's the best second rower in the comp, do you really think he was on next to nothing. Plus the dogs are picking up some of Kasiano's contract I do believe, Hoffman would be on not much and Kaufusi wouldn't be getting much either

harris last signed his contract in 2014, yes 12 months after his debut when he was a nobody, he was on a development contract for 3 seasons.

hoffman took 550k to go to the warriors, he left because he had reasonable offers elsewhere. he had choices but somehow chose the storm for "not much"

that's not picking and choosing who was getting peanuts, that's facts.

The_Shield

Juniors
harris last signed his contract in 2014, yes 12 months after his debut when he was a nobody, he was on a development contract for 3 seasons.

hoffman took 550k to go to the warriors, he left because he had reasonable offers elsewhere. he had choices but somehow chose the storm for "not much"

that's not picking and choosing who was getting peanuts, that's facts.
Harris was an international player when he re-signed, he played for NZ twice before he re-signed. Also Hoffman didn't leave the warriors because he had better offers elsewhere, he left because they didn't want him. He may of had better offers then the Storm but choose to finish his career at the club that he loves for less money

Billythekid

First Grade
Tell me how they're not rorting the cap again?

Harris and McLean were in peanuts, all of cronks money went on upgrading the entire squad into good money including Slater who should be worth a mill a season given what achieved this season...

Dodgy as f**k!

Cronk was on a shitload of money. Hoffman is at the end of his career and his coming back home to the storm, you're kidding yourself if you think his on a big paycheck. Harris and McLean on peanuts? Is there any reason to believe they're on any less than Kaufusi.

There is no way that Slaters salary would be going up at this point. You're pretty desperate there.

I mean I can understand when players like Tedesco are getting poached that questions like this are raised (even if unjustified) but Hoffman and Kaufusi are hardly breaking the bank and we lost a lot of talent this year.

Also just a reminder that your club is the most recent one caught cheating the cap, throwing stones in glass houses and all that.

BLN2

Juniors
Hoff would be pretty cheap, $200-$300 IMO. He has been pretty ordinary for the Warriors the past 2 seasons, his defence has progressed quite badly, and the Warriors said he wasn't going to be signed within the first couple months of the season (before the Warriors were completely pants).

He clearly isn't a 80 minute player anymore, would be solid on the bench for the Storm.

POPEYE

Coach
If Melbourne aren't rorting the cap I'd be very disappointed in the management. That said, Hoffman returning to where he plays best, mainly because he has the best of everyone around him, is hardly a reason for protest from Wankerland

Melbourne should be allowed to pay him whatever they like and none of it should be counted in the salary cap . . . hopefully one day the line most of us hope for will be drawn

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
If Melbourne aren't rorting the cap I'd be very disappointed in the management. That said, Hoffman returning to where he plays best, mainly because he has the best of everyone around him, is hardly a reason for protest from Wankerland

Melbourne should be allowed to pay him whatever they like and none of it should be counted in the salary cap . . . hopefully one day the line most of us hope for will be drawn
I think the bigger questions to be raised is around talk of Roosters being able to sign Cronk

POPEYE

Coach
I think the bigger questions to be raised is around talk of Roosters being able to sign Cronk
Might be a bigger question but far less important than flying the flag for cap concessions

Cronk at the Roosters would only be a quick fix for everyone concerned . . . I'm not fond of quick fix clubs or 'Maloneyism' if you like

Saxon

Bench
Harris was an international player when he re-signed, he played for NZ twice before he re-signed. Also Hoffman didn't leave the warriors because he had better offers elsewhere, he left because they didn't want him. He may of had better offers then the Storm but choose to finish his career at the club that he loves for less money
Also, Mel Hoffman is a Melbourne girl

Pedge1971

First Grade

Too easy. Come in spinner. Helen Keller.

davi

Juniors
Newcastle Knights have signed Chris Heighnington on a 1 year deal.

Soource - http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/10/11/heighington_joins_kn.html

Heighninton, Lillyman, and Aiden Guerra hardly is a look to the future. But to be fair to Brown they are short term deals and Knights need some proven veterans in the team. Adam Blair and James Graham would have been preferred choices but the Knights losing has made them not the most attractive team for the player market at the moment.

Frederick

Staff member
Heighninton, Lillyman, and Aiden Guerra hardly is a look to the future. But to be fair to Brown they are short term deals and Knights need some proven veterans in the team. Adam Blair and James Graham would have been preferred choices but the Knights losing has made them not the most attractive team for the player market at the moment.
Prefer everyone we’ve signed to Blair and Graham. Both would spend far too much time on the sidelines - Graham through injury and Blair through suspension, especially if he continues the grub form he showed in his last game for Brisbane

Spot On

Coach

So don't sign up old hard heads on 1 yr deals, sign up other old hard heads on 3 to 4 yr deals.

FFS.

D. Saifiti, J. Saifit, J.King, H.Esese are not a look to the future? Should we buy another three 21 yr old props as a look to the future?

I'm more than happy with Brown's recruitment and current cap position with reportedly 1.5 million left to spend.

Wake up man!

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
heighny will be good around origin time when the knights are missing their rep play.......oh wait nevermind

POPEYE

Coach
I'm glad he has. Poor bugger has had a shocking run of injury after being a very promising player. Good on parra for keeping faith with him.
He's grubby but good, the perfect #9, Parra need to create injury management to match their new found success