What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Pedge1971

First Grade
So don't sign up old hard heads on 1 yr deals, sign up other old hard heads on 3 to 4 yr deals.

FFS.

D. Saifiti, J. Saifit, J.King, H.Esese are not a look to the future? Should we buy another three 21 yr old props as a look to the future?

I'm more than happy with Brown's recruitment and current cap position with reportedly 1.5 million left to spend.

Wake up man!

Dude. He supports a club that signed up Benji Marshall. If he was half smart he would be a pretty good troll..

davi

Juniors
So don't sign up old hard heads on 1 yr deals, sign up other old hard heads on 3 to 4 yr deals.

FFS.

D. Saifiti, J. Saifit, J.King, H.Esese are not a look to the future? Should we buy another three 21 yr old props as a look to the future?

I'm more than happy with Brown's recruitment and current cap position with reportedly 1.5 million left to spend.

Wake up man!

Spot on you have just taken what I said out of context. Offcourse you conveniently ignored when I said the Knights "needed some proven veterans" to help teach the younger guys. My point was that the veterans they have signed were right at the end of the careers with not much left in the tank, and Graham and Blair are not at that stage yet. Blair has his faults though, as I've seen at the Broncos, so don't think I'm saying he would be the right signing. But it was reported those players were sorted by the Knights and basically my point was Brown had to make best with what he could get.

Frederick

Staff member
Spot on you have just taken what I said out of context. Offcourse you conveniently ignored when I said the Knights "needed some proven veterans" to help teach the younger guys. My point was that the veterans they have signed were right at the end of the careers with not much left in the tank, and Graham and Blair are not at that stage yet. Blair has his faults though, as I've seen at the Broncos, so don't think I'm saying he would be the right signing. But it was reported those players were sorted by the Knights and basically my point was Brown had to make best with what he could get.
Graham is held together by scotch tape and will be lucky to play 10 games next year. At least Lillyman and Heighington are durable

OVP

Coach
Best of luck to Elliot. Always had a dig and prob should have played more fg than he did.

Agreed. I liked him when he was at the Roosters too. Good, solid player who never lets his team down and who I really hope finds a home. Good luck at the Tits, Brendan.

Spot On

Coach

He could have 'snared' any of them Davi but found better, cheaper options that will not inhibit his ability to buy the players he feels his squad will need over the 3 years or so.

Absolutely no need to tie up millions in old props over years and years.

1yr deals Davi - perfect! Powder dry for next year's raids as well.

Noname36

First Grade

Blair would have been an absolute terrible signing for the Knights IMO.

His career has been characterised by putting in when everything is going well and he's in a team that's winning but completely disappearing when everything isn't rosy.

He's the complete opposite of the type of player you'd want around such a young group of forwards like the Knights have. You don't want his behaviour/ethic rubbing off there.

Graham would have been good, and they did chase him I think but I'm not too disappointed. I think everyone and their dog can see the bloke is on his last legs. His experience would have been valuable but I don't see any downgrade in Heighington/Lillyman in that regard.

Latest posts