What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
Stuck with Mary unless we lose a heap of games.....unfortunately

Mary ain't worth it Dousty - have a think about it.
And your legacy. And whether you really care.
Get ballsy for a change - have a look out your window, out of your bubble - and remember the roars of the crowd across that highway - the history, those men who bled for the club!
Act before you lock in Mary for another miserable year of failure

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
I don't know that they were "knackered" from SOO, they just lost momentum and lost confidence. Soward was classic example. He lost it after having a shocker in origin 1.

Rumours of Bennett leaving (another Doust stuff up) in 2011 mentally destroyed the team, just as rumours whiteanting Dessie ruined the Grubs' season this year.
And of course our players won't bleed for a disrespected hack like Mc I'll-be-Heading-to-the-ESL-Waterboy-Retreat-in-2019-and-gee-I-miss-LOVECHILD-so-Much

- At the end of another win-some-lose-some wasted season

C'mon guys - let's not go belly up after 4,202 gut-wrenching replies - we've got a 2 week window to rid ourselves of a flawed & failed coach who would've been sacked by ANY other club well before now.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
May as well kiss goodbye to 2018 before it even begins.

What excuses will there be when it goes bad from around origin time?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Absolutely no chance of DOUST making a move on New coach .2018 will be slightly better than 2017.but with Jet ski as coach the Waratahs are looking good .

Crush

Coach
Mary ain't worth it Dousty - have a think about it.
And your legacy. And whether you really care.
Get ballsy for a change - have a look out your window, out of your bubble - and remember the roars of the crowd across that highway - the history, those men who bled for the club!
Act before you lock in Mary for another miserable year of failure
Mary aint going anywhere next year. He will be given AT LEAST until the end of 2018. Accept it and move on from the idea that Doust would even contemplate sacking McGregor after JUST re-signing him for 2 years. No way in hell that'll happen.
Enoy the cricket season and get ready for another year of Mary in 2018.

JD is in the mix for the Titans. Is he prepared to leave the Broncos. I would take him in a heart beat
Unlikely to get the Titans job.
Would be great for us - inexpensive and a real bright spark of a young coach.
We should be going cap in hand trying to get him back.
At least we will enjoy watching the footy and he will win more games for us than McGregor ever will.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I was watching a replay of the Dragons
and Raiders game which I think that the Raiders won 21-14. It was 14-14 all with about 12 minutes to go and the Dragons had possession and lost it 3 times (De Belin and McInnes plus one other) and missed 2 attempts at field goal. Rapana scored the winning try. Hopefully they will not make as many stupid mistakes next year.

ouryear

Juniors
We all want our team to win.

And if we win, like we surely must want them to, Mary will stay.

If Mary does get the sack, that means our team is losing a lot.

Why do we want that?

I guess the fear is we stumble into 6th to 8th place and he stays.

The KPI must be minimum of TOP 4.

We all want our team to win.

And if we win, like we surely must want them to, Mary will stay.

If Mary does get the sack, that means our team is losing a lot.

Why do we want that?

I guess the fear is we stumble into 6th to 8th place and he stays.

The KPI must be minimum of TOP 4.
I want my team to win - every week, every game BUT I dread the 6th-8th scenario that will mean a McGregor continuation.
In fact even a 9th or 10th may be enough for him to continue.
The point is we have already had 3.5 years of the same rubbish.
Losing games we should win and an almost uncanny ability to lose close or critical games.
I just want a smart coach who knows how to get results.
We won't win every game but just get back to enjoying watching St. George play on the weekend.
At the moment it is an "up at dawn, pride swallowing siege" wondering what new disappointment is waiting for the fans around the corner.
McGregor has passed his used by date - give the 2018 to someone else.
JD, Toovey...anyone but the current set up.

ouryear

Juniors
I want my team to win - every week, every game BUT I dread the 6th-8th scenario that will mean a McGregor continuation.
Losing games we should win and an almost uncanny ability to lose close or critical games.
We won't win every game but just get back to enjoying watching St. George play on the weekend.
At the moment it is an "up at dawn, pride swallowing siege" wondering what new disappointment is waiting for the fans around the corner.

Spot on Dennis.

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree 100%...only problem is the Board/Doust don't agree because it will make their decision to prematurely re-sign him as the "Lemon" of the year award. Its a pity that Choice magazine cannot do reviews of a clubs performance because we are a sure thing for a "Golden Shonkie" award.

Agree 100%...only problem is the Board/Doust don't agree because it will make their decision to prematurely re-sign him as the "Lemon" of the year award. Its a pity that Choice magazine cannot do reviews of a clubs performance because we are a sure thing for a "Golden Shonkie" award.
Can you imagine they did the same with Price and ultimately had to swallow their pride and make a change.
Now they have made the same mistake again with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Which is worse?
Admitting you're wrong and making a positive adjustment OR keep insisting and failing while thumbing your nose at the fans?
If the Board were men of integrity and really cared about the club and the fans, then the decision is an easy one that the fans would applaud.

ouryear

Juniors
Can you imagine they did the same with Price and ultimately had to swallow their pride and make a change.
Now they have made the same mistake again with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Which is worse?
Admitting you're wrong and making a positive adjustment OR keep insisting and failing while thumbing your nose at the fans?
If the Board were men of integrity and really cared about the club and the fans, then the decision is an easy one that the fans would applaud.

Our board are happy enough with just missing the semis.

They don't see a problem.

They just want a coach who they can control .....and does not want too much power.

Bennett scared them.

They told Cleary he could not have total control of the team, he quickly walked away from our offer.

How are we ever going to attract a good coach with a board like this?

It's the board who are doing this to us.
They got to go!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Dennis, I understand venting frustration and saying that Mary is pathetic etc but I don't get saying give 2018 to someone else. You know that is never going to happen, not in a million years. He was signed until the end 2019 just months ago. Unless there is some Des Hasler like clause then we are stuck with him for at least next year. Move on I say.

Dennis, I understand venting frustration and saying that Mary is pathetic etc but I don't get saying give 2018 to someone else. You know that is never going to happen, not in a million years. He was signed until the end 2019 just months ago. Unless there is some Des Hasler like clause then we are stuck with him for at least next year. Move on I say.
I never said that McGregor is pathetic.
I said he was unqualified for FG and that he has had a pretty fair go at the helm with disastrous results.
You are probably right - maybe he's rusted on for 2 more years but I live in hope that the extension had some performance and result criteria that will allow an early exit.
With the roster we have in 2018, we need a coach that can put it all together.
McGregor ain't that guy.
I do not want to experience another 2016 or 2017 ever again - it's too painful.

Crush

Coach
I never said that McGregor is pathetic.
I said he was unqualified for FG and that he has had a pretty fair go at the helm with disastrous results.
You are probably right - maybe he's rusted on for 2 more years but I live in hope that the extension had some performance and result criteria that will allow an early exit.
With the roster we have in 2018, we need a coach that can put it all together.
McGregor ain't that guy.
I do not want to experience another 2016 or 2017 ever again - it's too painful.
Whether or not 2018 is another 2016 or 2017 only time will tell. But one thing is for sure, Mary will be coach and Widdop will be captain. Thats depressing isn't it!?