What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?? G.C. bears for 2017 ??

Do the bears have the serious amount of money needed to rescue the Titans? Their league clubs are only making around $1mill a year profit, Titans will require much more in the short term.

From what I've read they've got two wealthy businessman in on the bid. Some guy from Sydney & a Gold Coast local.

t-ba

Post Whore
If Norths can actually fund this thing it a complete goer imo.

Great story tbh. Plus they'll continue to win nothing because the Gold Coast breeds loser sports clubs. Match made in heaven.

BuffaloRules

Coach
We are talking about the Mangement of a competition here that gave the green light to Nathan Tinkler's money...

As if that was going to work in the long term...

Emu01

Juniors
It's the NRL.Response will be ,"work in progress ,will keep the public informed".
Or in layman's language"stuffed if I know."

I don’t understand why it takes so long to make a decision. Maybe they will wait until the World Cup is over as to not steel their thunder.

taipan

Referee
I don’t understand why it takes so long to make a decision. Maybe they will wait until the World Cup is over as to not steel their thunder.

In all seriousness think that ME guy who owned Salford ,must have offered big bikkies to get the club,as probably did the Bears.As opposed to the local business people(including Frizzell/Kelly who may be offering less, but has the local knowhow.
Think we can discount the Pommy guy, and I have a gut feeling by end October the locals will get the chocolates.
The sale has to get it right, there can be no more NRL club stuff ups on the GC.Another one would just about kill off an NRL club in that region.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope koucash gets it just for the shts and giggles that will happen. The guys a nutter and doesn't give a sht serving it to the organising body through the media. Grant will choke on his cornflakes every morning he picks up the paper if Marwin isn't happy lol

taipan

Referee
I hope koucash gets it just for the shts and giggles that will happen. The guys a nutter and doesn't give a sht serving it to the organising body through the media. Grant will choke on his cornflakes every morning he picks up the paper if Marwin isn't happy lol

Grant is finishing up early next year,so won't be choking on anything.

Diesel

Coach
I don’t know if the locals deserve the club TBH, they’ve shown nothing over the past few years that have improved the GC club

Stallion

First Grade
Half of the Sydney clubs would be ahead of them on the list of "the undeserving"...

Agree that the clubs have been lazy however laziness can be changed into proactiveness! Annihilation is permanent. No 2nd chance in this market. Although I have a feeling if due diligence was done by North Sydney Bears and the league in assessing the Central Coast option then that may provide an example of 'coming back from the dead'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This narrow view of "being dead" ie if you're not in the top flight you are dead, is unjustified and disrespectful. Bears as a grass roots RL organisation are doing fine. They have a good jnr club base, they have elite pathways in HM, SG, U20 and reserve grade sides, through to feeding an NRL club, they are financially sound and they are providing a local region of Sydney a RL presence and system of game development. Bears are a great example of how being relegated out of the top flight is not the end of the world. They are just as important to the fabric of RL as any NRL side, clubs like Bears, Wentworthville, Jets, Mounties etc are critical to the strength of RL in Sydney and don't need to have an NRL side to achieve this.

siv

First Grade
This narrow view of "being dead" ie if you're not in the top flight you are dead, is unjustified and disrespectful. Bears as a grass roots RL organisation are doing fine. They have a good jnr club base, they have elite pathways in HM, SG, U20 and reserve grade sides, through to feeding an NRL club, they are financially sound and they are providing a local region of Sydney a RL presence and system of game development. Bears are a great example of how being relegated out of the top flight is not the end of the world. They are just as important to the fabric of RL as any NRL side, clubs like Bears, Wentworthville, Jets, Mounties etc are critical to the strength of RL in Sydney and don't need to have an NRL side to achieve this.

And how does Newtown look ?

Latest posts