What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Discussion

renouf

Juniors
Can add Matt lodge and the British forward coming.. god knows why we signed lodge though. Walters back is a good thing, at least if you look at 2015 you’d assume he was part of the success.

gUt

Coach
bill-hader-kristen-wiig-fake-laugh.gif

Nerd

Bench
Can add Matt lodge and the British forward coming.. god knows why we signed lodge though. Walters back is a good thing, at least if you look at 2015 you’d assume he was part of the success.
Yes Walters coming back is definitely a positive. You would imagine he would be tasked with educating Milford & Nikorima about game management.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Good posts. I think that team is a top 8 side at best. Like others have pointed out there is a real worrying lack of size up front. We have a decent backline but it's not going to be much good to us if we can't go forward. I don't see our kicking game being any better in general.

If we persist in going left ALL THE f**kING TIME then we may as well trade the Jet for a prop.

Something is off about this squad and I can't put my finger on it. With Bennett coach and Boyd captain, you'd have to imagine training runs and team meetings would be quiet, dull affairs. It's a nitpick and speculation.

Won't Matt "you'all gonna die tonight!!!' Lodge give you guys a bit of size upfront?

DeeJ

Bench
This is old news by now but not mentioned here as far as I can see...

But we signed Sam Tagatese from the Sharks for next season. I've always been a fan of him and his big hits. He should be good off the bench if he is at full health.

hellteam

First Grade
I think moving Oates to the second row massively weakens our backline, and overall team.

He is a Kangaroos standard winger who provided a massive lift with his hitups on second tackle coming out of our own end. Now we will have small wingers. and centres, and halves, and forwards. We are a tiny team.

I think our backline is worse with Bird instead of Moga as well. Bird is a decent centre but he's a right centre, don't think he will be effective on the left.

If MIlford steps up with Kevvy back and has a massive year, we could be okay. But I think our team has quite a few weaknesses this year.

I don't think the Oates experiment will last long

blaza88z

Coach
We will struggle I think, we just don't have the size in our pack to get field position, time will tell but i'm not expecting much, we might limp into the 8

Latest posts