What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
f**k Pearce, wish the Dragons had the same balls to get rid of unperforming(local) players and replaced them with better quality players...

ouryear

Juniors
f**k Pearce, wish the Dragons had the same balls to get rid of unperforming(local) players and replaced them with better quality players...
Our under performing players include many players we brought in.

LAFAI
NENE MCDONALD
WIDDOP at times

Anyway, it's not our players, it's the coach who needs replacing, we need to focus on him.

If Cronk joins the roosters, they won't make the top 6, the players there don't want him, most fans there don't want him, there is already a mutiny happening there.

Like souths when they got rid of Ben Teo, Dylan Walker and Isaac Luke to get Sam Burgess back, player jealousy destroyed their season (s)

Pearce is better than about 13 other halves in the comp, he lost them nothing, it was their forward pack that did not turn up in the semis this year.

As well as poor coaching and game day motivation once again... by the over rated Robinson.

Crush

Coach
Widdop..our leading player in most awards for this year....Probably only guilty of trying too hard. Can't please some people

Had a cracking start to the season but also played some very ordinary games after coming back from injury.
Next year will be different. Widdop will finally hit his straps.

getsmarty

Immortal
Had a cracking start to the season but also played some very ordinary games after coming back from injury.

Also, teams worked out that our most effective attack came from the left side so both Widdop and Lafai were rushed up on by the defense. As you said, next year will be different.

ouryear

Juniors
I want to be positive but I honestly do not believe widdop has the skill, football nouse, natural ability, toughness....or the passion.

Willing to place $1,000 on it.

Crush

Coach
I want to be positive but I honestly do not believe widdop has the skill, football nouse, natural ability, toughness....or the passion.

Willing to place $1,000 on it.
Not a betting man mate but I think he will have a good year.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Also, teams worked out that our most effective attack came from the left side so both Widdop and Lafai were rushed up on by the defense. As you said, next year will be different.

Not with McGregor in charge it won't.

The Hunt/Widdop halves partnership will take time to gel; poor Gareth has had to play with so many different halfbacks in his time at SGI.

jak

Bench
and when it does gel I think you will see a new and interested macdonald,i think hunt will use the right hand side of the field by both air and hands far more than we have seen in years. mary does know we have a right side right?

ouryear

Juniors
Good players do not take months to gel or build a great partnership, if widdop does.... It just goes to show the real problem we have very clearly.

Munster moves from fullback to centre, then to the halves.... and forms an immediate great partnership with cronk.... No time needed to gel.

Cowboys lose JT, Morgan takes over, no time needed to gel.

Pearce and Keary... No time needed to gel.

Widdop needs time to gel?

More excuses for a lame player if that is the case.

jak

Bench
Good players do not take months to gel or build a great partnership, if widdop does.... It just goes to show the real problem we have very clearly.

Munster moves from fullback to centre, then to the halves.... and forms an immediate great partnership with cronk.... No time needed to gel.

except for keary all those players were in the same systems.

getsmarty

Immortal

If I use your line of reasoning then it would equally apply to Ben Hunt..." good players don't take months to gel or build a partnership "..then the conclusion would be that Ben Hunt would be equally at fault as he is a Good player....and according to your logic this would go to show that he is also very clearly the real problem we have............ .reductio ad absurdum

P.S If you dislike Widdop so much, start a thread solely on widdop and you Vas/Ruby/Glenn/Sigurd can all post to your hearts content.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
If I use your line of reasoning then it would equally apply to Ben Hunt..." good players don't take months to gel or build a partnership "..then the conclusion would be that Ben Hunt would be equally at fault as he is a Good player....and according to your logic this would go to show that he is also very clearly the real problem we have............ .reductio ad absurdum

P.S If you dislike Widdop so much, start a thread solely on widdop and you Vas/Ruby/Glenn/Sigurd can all post to your hearts content.

Getsmarty
He would even confuse himself.
Although I am sure vas/glen/ruby/ouryear/wtf is very use to hearing voices.
He might be randy Orton I think.
I hear voices in my head . They talk to me ect.

ouryear

Juniors

No I will not.

Some of you say it will take time to gel.

Well it does not take time to gel.

Look at international teams thrown together .....and perform.

They aren't children you know.

Widdop has had a get out of gaol ticket now for the past 3 years.

Well it's over, no more excuses.
And yes, Hunt has to perform as well.

Funny how Benji goes to Broncos and manages to play better than he ever did with Widdop.

If you have been happy with widdops performances, leadership and passion, I guess that puts you in the same stable as Mary.

Time for you to maybe go too.

jak

Bench
No I will not.

Some of you say it will take time to gel.

Well it does not take time to gel.

Look at international teams thrown together .....and perform.

They aren't children you know.

Widdop has had a get out of gaol ticket now for the past 3 years.

Well it's over, no more excuses.
And yes, Hunt has to perform as well.

Funny how Benji goes to Broncos and manages to play better than he ever did with Widdop.

If you have been happy with widdops performances, leadership and passion, I guess that puts you in the same stable as Mary.

Time for you to maybe go too.
have you ever played in a TEAM game ouryear?