What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Tom
Your mate could be on the money
Nup, still need better options from 2-5, what we have on our roster at the moment is not to NRL standard, being confirmed by current RLC.

Comment above is All due respect to Flo though. We won't come close to winning a comp with another power game attitude with Mary as coach and piss poor 2-5 jumpers

jak

Bench
can anybody tell me if walmsley has been coached by millward duing his time in England if so it may help our efforts to sign him.

blacksafake

First Grade
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson/Sims
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Walmsley
17. Host/Leilua

Honestly can't think of another pack in the NRL i'd replace that with. Fearsome across the park.
Agree but can our slow outside backs ice the games for us when the forwards & our halves create the opportunities for them.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
No need for backs. Sailor, Masters, Field and Lomax. Not good up an comers but outstanding ones. Would probably make as big an impact as Nic Cotric did at Raiders. Just a matter of giving them a go.4 potential rookie of the season candidates. Throw in Dufty.

In 5-6 years time, Saints could have a potential backline of all juniors like they did with Hornby,Cooper,Gasnier,Morris and God I mean Nighty. Would love to see that happen. Winning the GF in 2010 with a team that consisted of mostly Dragons juniors was great to watch and a fantastic achievement.

Problem is the Saints have the players but not the man to get them the glory in Mary. I am so confident that with a coach like Maguire/Demitriou and the players they have, they will win a few comps and now is the best time because of the currentl quality of juniors coming through. Seriously if Mary can't do this in 4 years he never will. Surely this will be his last contact if he does not make top 4 minimum.

No need for backs. Sailor, Masters, Field and Lomax. Not good up an comers but outstanding ones. Would probably make as big an impact as Nic Cotric did at Raiders. Just a matter of giving them a go.4 potential rookie of the season candidates. Throw in Dufty.

In 5-6 years time, Saints could have a potential backline of all juniors like they did with Hornby,Cooper,Gasnier,Morris and God I mean Nighty. Would love to see that happen. Winning the GF in 2010 with a team that consisted of mostly Dragons juniors was great to watch and a fantastic achievement.

Problem is the Saints have the players but not the man to get them the glory in Mary. I am so confident that with a coach like Maguire/Demitriou and the players they have, they will win a few comps and now is the best time because of the currentl quality of juniors coming through. Seriously if Mary can't do this in 4 years he never will. Surely this will be his last contact if he does not make top 4 minimum.
Great post! Hit the nail on the head.
We are just treading water with McGregor at the helm.
We should be blooding youngsters at every opportunity but that means we need the right mentor to bring them through and realize their potential.
If we are serious about winning premierships we need a coach capable of getting us there.

qld redvee

Juniors

Slippery
great post - throw in Reuben Garrick and Patrick Herbert for backline spots as they are in our top 30

willzy91

Juniors
With Widdop and Grahem now in the side maybe with an English connection he might come here.

Yeah the English connection will play a big part, but the question remains is the club actually after him or made any contact at all. Really don’t know what the club is thinking in terms of what kind of player they want to fill the final squad positions with. Personally I’d love him at the club, and is the type of power game player that suits Mary’s game plan. Fingers crossed.

denis preston

First Grade
Irrespective , the club has played the waiting game and now and up to xmas is the time to watch the cards fall in place. The top 30 threw me a bit until i found out it was a moving list.