What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Cessnock and Maitland home grounds are way better than the suburban Sydney grounds.
Modern 1000 seat stadiums, nice hill, beautiful field. Maitland Sports ground you could put up a cheap temporary stadium opposite the new main stadium. It would look almost as good as that PNG ground.

Its not actually a huge novelty for people of Maitland and Cessnock to see top level rugby league. If your going to go bush you may as well go far enough to capture people who can't get to NRL games.

T-Boon

Coach
Its not actually a huge novelty for people of Maitland and Cessnock to see top level rugby league. If your going to go bush you may as well go far enough to capture people who can't get to NRL games.

The point is more the size of the grounds. 5k would look awesome at Maitland Sports Ground. We would get a Tonga v Samoa type atmosphere.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
So here is a thing.

At the moment you can only buy single seats for Tonga v NZ across all available Bays.

So, has it either "sold out" or are Bays being held back for sale? Absolute madness if they are waiting for next week to put more on sale.

There appears to be a ton of tickets for sale now and not all bays are open as of yet.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
:D:D
When the schedule came out Jim I wasn't impressed by the travelling that England fans were being asked to do so I decided to go to NZ for the first time. The two games I had on my radar were NZ v Samoa and Samoa v Tonga. I think I made the right decision. When the 2021 WC comes around I'll definitely be making an effort to attend these two games again although I realise there won't be as many PI fans in attendance :D
Yep I totally understand your decision To go to New Zealand, A much better option to see some good games and not have to travel ridiculous distances. Plus, New Zealand is a beautiful country with lovely people. Sounds like you had a great time! Good onya!!

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
More weird stuff From the tournament organisers. Why they can’t just put up for sale all the tickets for this match is beyond me.

I was talking to my mate yesterday who was looking at going to the game and when i told him there is bugger all tickets left he was like bugger it then......now hello they open back up some more bays....its like they are trying to force people to buy the more expensive tickets to make it look good on tv...so they are sacrificing people even turning up to the game as it maybe outside their budget...

Jim from Oz

Juniors
I was talking to my mate yesterday who was looking at going to the game and when i told him there is bugger all tickets left he was like bugger it then......now hello they open back up some more bays....its like they are trying to force people to buy the more expensive tickets to make it look good on tv...so they are sacrificing people even turning up to the game as it maybe outside their budget...
more stagerring incompetence from the organisers

Burns

First Grade
Here is my very haphazard analysis of Tonga and NZ ticket sales. It would be that most tickets have been placed on Sale, with very few held back to be released later in the week. As I mentioned in this thread on Sunday, all of these tickets were unavailable, so hopefully we didn't lose too many sales for people who may have thought the match was sold out.

The Lower grandstands are selling very well, the places behind the goalposts - one is sold out. The NZRL have been pushing ticket sales on their social media accounts today calling for a "Black Out" of the stadium.

I think it is safe to assume that anything less than 18,000 can be expected for this one. Given the capacity of 25,800 it would be good to push through the 20K barrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Which Bays are on sale?
Northern Upper

CAT C- Bay 21-22 – Double seats 10+ available
CAT C- Bay 20-21 – Large front section 10+ available
CAT A- Bay 19-20 – entire front section 10+
CAT A- Bay 18-19 – front section 10+
CAT A- Bay 17-18 – 15 seats
CAT A – 16/17 – 1 available (literally 1 seat available)
CAT A- Bay 15/16 – front section 10+
CAT A- Bay 14/15 – entire front section 10+
CAT C- Bay 13/14 – Middle section 10+
CAT C- Bay 12/13 – 19 seats

Northern Lower
CAT C – 10/11 – UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
CAT C - Bay 9/10 – (literally 1 seat available)
CAT B - Bay 8/9 – Double seats 10 +
CAT A – 7/8 – (literally 1 seats available)
Bay 6 - UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
Bay 5/6 – (literally 1 seats available)
Bay 4/5 – 7 seats
CAT B - Bay 3 – Back – Double seats 10+
CAT C - 2/3 – UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
CAT C - 1/2 – (literally 1 seat available)

Southern Lower
CAT C – 23/24 – UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
NZ Bay – 24/25 – 10+ seats available – back half of bay
CAT A - 25/56 – ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available
CAT A – 26/27 – (1 seats available)
CAT A – UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
CAT A – UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
Bay 29 – UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY
CAT A – 30/31 - ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available
Tonga Bay – 31/32 - 10+ seats available – much of the Bay is “unavailable”
CAT C - Bay 32 – 1 seat available

Southern Upper
CAT B – 34/35 - ‘double lines seats’ –much of the Bay is “unavailable” 10+ available
Bay 35 - ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available
Bay 36 - ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available
Bay 37 - ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available – back half
Bay 38 - ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available – back half
Bay 39 - ‘double lines seats’ – 10+ available – back half
CAT B - 40 - UNAVAILABLE/SOLD OUT? BAY

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
If Tonga and Samoa can draw 18K in New Zealand surely any marketing team can sell 20K plus at the same stadium for a Kiwi team that is in good form playing the best Tongan side ever that just happen to be bolsted by the ''betrayal'' of some ex Kiwi players

That would be right uso but you know kiwis cannot do anything without Australia. They need someone to hold their hand its also a crime of rugby league to not have the game Samoa and Tonga at Eden Park. But you know thats nz, scared they might upset all black administration.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
As of last week in Perth the South stand was single seats only, the Eastern Upper Tier was selling towards the ends and every other area only had seats available in the corners.
Today you can get seats in the south stand and also near the half way line in the eastern stand, WTF.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Really have no idea what sort of crowd to expect in Perth.

I was hoping to see some serious marketing over the ten days leading in but has been nothing. Lucky to crack 10k given the lack of awareness and general wa media apathy to league. Weather looking good though for Sunday so may be walk ups if they actually advertise it over next couple of days

DlEHARD

Juniors
I was hoping to see some serious marketing over the ten days leading in but has been nothing. Lucky to crack 10k given the lack of awareness and general wa media apathy to league. Weather looking good though for Sunday so may be walk ups if they actually advertise it over next couple of days

Very disappointing from RLWC17...

deluded pom?

Coach
Yep I totally understand your decision To go to New Zealand, A much better option to see some good games and not have to travel ridiculous distances. Plus, New Zealand is a beautiful country with lovely people. Sounds like you had a great time! Good onya!!
I'm still in NZ thanks Jim and really enjoying it apart from the wit wither? ;)I've seen England v Australia/NZ play loads of times Jim. You can keep the "Big 3" give me "tier 2" team match ups every time.

Stallion

First Grade
Very disappointing from RLWC17...

Its almost as if their has been a deliberate attempt to sabotage the crowds of this tournament! I am completely puzzled at the ticket sales policies! The ticket prices and allocations have been mind-boggling. Just as well the tv ratings have been excellent!