What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson

Belta

Juniors
Agree with BSE, very hypo active, in the Josh Reynolds mould, IMO which has plus and minuses, and depends what your weaknesses are.

For me it's a no, as we need to get the young talent in.

Having said this, and true to form Mary won't take many risks and we won't see much of Lomax, Garrick, Marsters etc this year and on that premise and owing to the fact we have the least threatening backline of the top 10 sides ( especially with Dugan gone), Ferguson would be more threatening in attack out especially out wide chasing kicks/bombs, which is a huge contributor to tries in modern day NRL, so again it's a no, but I can think of worse signings..

JDHD

Juniors
Agree with BSE, very hypo active, in the Josh Reynolds mould, IMO which has plus and minuses, and depends what your weaknesses are.

For me it's a no, as we need to get the young talent in.

Having said this, and true to form Mary won't take many risks and we won't see much of Lomax, Garrick, Marsters etc this year and on that premise and owing to the fact we have the least threatening backline of the top 10 sides ( especially with Dugan gone), Ferguson would be more threatening in attack out especially out wide chasing kicks/bombs, which is a huge contributor to tries in modern day NRL, so again it's a no, but I can think of worse signings..

I don't know that we won't see Lomax this year. According to the Dragons instagram page yesterday he's already the fastest player currently in preseason at the club. He's big and strong, he's doing media interviews for NRL.com...it's entirely possible that, much like Matt Dufty, his form and ability are undeniable.

Bench
I don't know that we won't see Lomax this year. According to the Dragons instagram page yesterday he's already the fastest player currently in preseason at the club. He's big and strong, he's doing media interviews for NRL.com...it's entirely possible that, much like Matt Dufty, his form and ability are undeniable.
I hope that McIdiot gives players like him a run off the bench. He has the talent. I don't know whether Mary will give him and others a run to see if they can transition to first grade.
We need to identify who is going to make it to first grade an ex sign them up soon as possible. Dufty will be off contract in 2019 and I am sure some clubs will be looking at him.

JDHD

Juniors
I hope that McIdiot gives players like him a run off the bench. He has the talent. I don't know whether Mary will give him and others a run to see if they can transition to first grade.
We need to identify who is going to make it to first grade an ex sign them up soon as possible. Dufty will be off contract in 2019 and I am sure some clubs will be looking at him.

To be fair to Mary, he did debut Sele, Lawrie and Dufty last year. I don't count Field because that was an absolute shmozzle.

denis preston

First Grade
I'd say they will be looking very carefully at Duftys first half of the season before considering an upgrade or at least i would ! I'm really hoping he makes it as his attack is a x factor.

Runner

Juniors

Lomax faster than Dufty and Field or even Sailor would be a real surprise to me from what I saw during the year. Lomax is undeniably talented though and I think he will be a superstar.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Yes it is unacceptable......but then what.

Cop the punishment, seek help, vow it will never happen again, and then......?
Listen to dooms dayers 4 ever and a day?

Or move on.
I am not sure you have read all my comments on here. Happy to give someone a second chance if they screw up and do their time, I still don't think the Dragons should go after Fergo.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Fergo reminds me of a Nene who actually jumps and puts effort into kick returns. If we do sign him, perhaps we are swapping Nene? We have already filled 30 positions, someone has to give

Frank Facer

First Grade
I actually thought that Fergo had the potential to be one of the best centres in the game. I was a bit puzzled as to why Robinson was playing him on the wing, not that he is a bad winger. At centre, Fergo can create something out of nothing. He has a great build for a centre, he is athletic. I would be rapt to have Fergo as one of our centres, with Lomax the other by 2019 at the latest.

Old Timer

Coach
After having another think on this matter re Ferguson he actually does fit the mound to play for us
Has behavioural issues
Is dumb and won’t ask to many question of Mc Fookknuckle
Is about the 16th best centre in the game so won’t overshadow too many others in our outside backs
Will provide a block to our youths pathway.
Yep let’s get him he’s perfect for us.

Crush

Coach
After having another think on this matter re Ferguson he actually does fit the mound to play for us
Has behavioural issues
Is dumb and won’t ask to many question of Mc Fookknuckle
Is about the 16th best centre in the game so won’t overshadow too many others in our outside backs
Will provide a block to our youths pathway.
Yep let’s get him he’s perfect for us.
I agree with you that he is dumb.
I agree with you that he has behavoural issues.
I disagree with you that he is about the 16th best center. He is a 6"4 monster athlete that can jump, run like lightning and step. If you can get him in the right headspace he makes lafai, aitken, Macdonald, nighty all look like B graders.
I'd be excited if we signed him but not sure why we are even talking about him just because he was sighted at the wooloongong kebab shop.

Old Timer

Coach
I agree with you that he is dumb.
I agree with you that he has behavoural issues.
I disagree with you that he is about the 16th best center. He is a 6"4 monster athlete that can jump, run like lightning and step. If you can get him in the right headspace he makes lafai, aitken, Macdonald, nighty all look like B graders.
I'd be excited if we signed him but not sure why we are even talking about him just because he was sighted at the wooloongong kebab shop.
Wow he is just like another Nene when we signed him up
Plenty of good centres in front of Ferguson and TBH I still can’t fathom how he ever got picked for SOO let alone Australia.