What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sim racing

Life's Good

Coach
I got the opportunity to experience F1 Sim racing at Darling Harbour just last week. The Sim was set to Canada (as part of an F1 series). I was a little sceptical of this but a mate of mine convinced me to give it a try. I am glad that I did because it was a great experience and a hell of a lot of fun. I enjoyed it so much I became a member and will compete in the remaining races(work travel commitments aside).

Life's Good

Coach
How much is it?
I paid $50 for basically a lifetime membership(I think it's normally $150 but I got a lower rate on account of my mate already being a member). Each race event is $50 and for that you get up to 3 hrs of racing. Just over an hour for practice,10 minutes for qualifying & the race. The Canada race took us an hour and a half and I was knackered by the end.

The programme it uses is rFactor. The Sim itself moves around a hell of a lot mimicking the pitch, roll, yaw etc. you get on track. Track bumps & kerbs also give plenty of feedback through the steering wheel.
Ooh nice

I have a SIM seat with no movement and raced the v8s on iRacing

Had a lot of bad races but some tracks i was tough as f**k

Life's Good

Coach
Ooh nice

I have a SIM seat with no movement and raced the v8s on iRacing

Had a lot of bad races but some tracks i was tough as f**k
Yeah you do get a better appreciation of the differences in car set up and how it impacts performance. Not the real thing but a hell of a lot of fun for a hack like me.

Yeah you do get a better appreciation of the differences in car set up and how it impacts performance. Not the real thing but a hell of a lot of fun for a hack like me.
Oh yeah i know what you mean, me and a good friend used to set up a car together and drive them slightly differently

I always softened the suspension when i hopped in the car on enduros

nöyd

Staff member
http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/

Still in beta but f**k me it's a ton of fun, the quality can only go north.

23511442_1752788958064706_675217731194962812_o.jpg

This is what happens when you try to go flat through turn 8 at Clipsal lol

Latest posts