What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG

Perth Red

Post Whore
They’ll probably get flogged for 10 years
But they’ll have massive support.
None of this empty stadium bullshit

It only holds 15,000. There's your answer, move Sydney clubs into 15,000 stadiums so the grounds dont look empty!

carcharias

Immortal
It only holds 15,000. There's your answer, move Sydney clubs into 15,000 stadiums so the grounds dont look empty!

Funny how now you have finally worked it out.
I’ve only told you this exact thing all along.

That’s not the point of this thread though.

I’m talking about a place that already has the supporter base.
Give them a team and watch how popular they soon become.

POPEYE

Coach
Funny how now you have finally worked it out.
I’ve only told you this exact thing all along.

That’s not the point of this thread though.

I’m talking about a place that already has the supporter base.
Give them a team and watch how popular they soon become.
Maybe if PNG are given the fair go it deserves the joint will become more user friendly. Maybe one day the f**king Indonesians will be thrown off the Island and dissidents will disappear. RL could be the catalyst for change, more than just a game

carcharias

Immortal
Well there you go
An NRL expansion section
I did not know that.

No wonder I couldn’t find a single thread on it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Maybe if PNG are given the fair go it deserves the joint will become more user friendly. Maybe one day the f**king Indonesians will be thrown off the Island and dissidents will disappear. RL could be the catalyst for change, more than just a game

The West Papuan Warriors Are A Rugby League Team Trying To Stop A Genocide

https://sports.vice.com/en_au/artic...a-rugby-league-team-trying-to-stop-a-genocide

As wondrful as this is, threats of death for just playing hardly seem like a huge incentive to turn up.

(It would be cool to see a team like this allowed into the WC though)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
PNG and now Fiji are actually perfect just where they are. The second teir comps in Australia are very strong and in the coming decade could be professional comps in their own right. It gives them regular high level match-play and is a shop window for NRL teams.

These two nations now have the perfect setup moving forward. Domestic amateur comps. A fully professional team for their best local players in the Australian second teir and then the best of those players will get picked up by NRL clubs. Give it 10 or 15 years and they will both have a nice pool of professionals in the NRL and a production line of talent coming behind them.

POPEYE

Coach
The West Papuan Warriors Are A Rugby League Team Trying To Stop A Genocide

https://sports.vice.com/en_au/artic...a-rugby-league-team-trying-to-stop-a-genocide

As wondrful as this is, threats of death for just playing hardly seem like a huge incentive to turn up.

(It would be cool to see a team like this allowed into the WC though)
What is really wonderful is they are still playing under the threat of death. If it wasn't for Australia the f**king scumbag merkin Indonesian cowards would still be committing genocide in East Timor

If the Fuzzy Wuzzies had to again risk death for the sake of humanity by merely wanting to play a sport the world should take notice

POPEYE

Coach
Indonesia did it's best to destabilize East Timor and you can bet your balls they're behind anything bad in PNG. Australia can help overcome the scumbags with RL and a little muscle ala East Timor

BuffaloRules

Coach
Indonesia did it's best to destabilize East Timor and you can bet your balls they're behind anything bad in PNG. Australia can help overcome the scumbags with RL and a little muscle ala East Timor

The corrupt so and so's running PNG ( officially and unofficially) don't need any help from the Indonesians to continue to completely f**k over the country....

East Timor was ruled by Jakarta for 25 years whilst PNG has been independent for longer than that so that comparison is pointless

There are social problems there that will take decades to overcome even if Australia exponentially increased their assistance ( which wont happen either...)

POPEYE

Coach
The corrupt so and so's running PNG ( officially and unofficially) don't need any help from the Indonesians to continue to completely f**k over the country....

East Timor was ruled by Jakarta for 25 years whilst PNG has been independent for longer than that so that comparison is pointless

There are social problems there that will take decades to overcome even if Australia exponentially increased their assistance ( which wont happen either...)
So f**k 'em . . . unless they discover oil and the Yanks remind us of the right thing to do