What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Staff member
Logo question:
Has anyone else noticed the inconsistency regarding the Australian Kangaroos logo? Sometimes the kangaroo is above the words, while other times it's underneath. Both are used officially, in both online media posts and also on supporter gear.

Does anyone know why this is the case, and if so, what the reason is? I can't see what difference it makes using one or the other, personally.

You can see both being used by official channels in the image below. The logo front and centre in the Facebook cover image is the opposite to the one on the players' jerseys. I know those aren't RLWC jerseys, but the players shorts and polo shirts use that logo currently.

22538870_10155820460954583_2083238317955998691_o.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
Great jumper....

Would be good to see it used consistently for a specific event (World Cup jumper, 9s jumper, Lions Tour). Use it for that and ONLY that, and the jumper will become an iconic image associated with it.
We play like 1 more test per year, how could it be over used

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Logo question:
Has anyone else noticed the inconsistency regarding the Australian Kangaroos logo? Sometimes the kangaroo is above the words, while other times it's underneath. Both are used officially, in both online media posts and also on supporter gear.

Does anyone know why this is the case, and if so, what the reason is? I can't see what difference it makes using one or the other, personally.

You can see both being used by official channels in the image below. The logo front and centre in the Facebook cover image is the opposite to the one on the players' jerseys. I know those aren't RLWC jerseys, but the players shorts and polo shirts use that logo currently.

22538870_10155820460954583_2083238317955998691_o.jpg
I've noticed this. I would've thought the Kangaroo should be at the top but I can also see how it makes sense for it to be bounding over the chevron. Hmmm.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
We play like 1 more test per year, how could it be over used

Im not talking about "overused", im talking about specifically being associated with ONE thing; WC, 9s, Lions Tour, whatever.

Making it harder to get (once every 4 years) might make players excited for the opportunity like they USED to be with the old English tours.

kdalymc

Bench
Im not talking about "overused", im talking about specifically being associated with ONE thing; WC, 9s, Lions Tour, whatever.

Making it harder to get (once every 4 years) might make players excited for the opportunity like they USED to be with the old English tours.
They are back to swapping jerseys at FT so I don’t think they care

kdalymc

Bench
That’s whats great about Roosters, Souths, Dragons, Bulldogs and a lesser extent Manly and Newcastle. You get a great design and stick with it

I think you need to look at the Bulldogs jersey for 2018....

But nah, not really their fault but the Jersey manufacturer has absolutely butchered it

GAZF

First Grade
Yeah nah, it was someone at the club who actually would have approved these designs.
The club definitely would have had control over the sublimated design, not so much the template (it doesn't look terrible if used well, which is not the case with their home jersey).

Maccas4177

Juniors
I think you need to look at the Bulldogs jersey for 2018....

But nah, not really their fault but the Jersey manufacturer has absolutely butchered it

The general process, specifically with the Canterbury design is the manufacturer comes up with the initial design based on discussions with the club. The club then reviews the design and provides feedback/tweaks. A prototype is then made, reviewed again and once final sign off is received it goes into production.
So, there are several opportunities for clubs to provide feedback on the jersey. If your teams jersey sucks, blame the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts