What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
The point of the speech he was making was to say that they have worked hard to put a stable roster together, that will be together for the next few years and should hopefully bring with it success.

It wasn’t a blanket, we will not be signing anyone.

So unless he has said it elsewhere, I think you are being a bit harsh.

I know he’s made a few poor decisions, but I can’t think of anyone else in the league that is more mis-quoted than Gus Gould.

Yeah great comment except our roster has never been stable since Gould arrived, haha what garbage. Do you guys think for yourselves or do you just let Gus do that?

Actions speak louder than words, our roster is having drastic changes(often midseason) every single year, stable roster my ass lol thats just spin by Gus if he said that, some of you are so clueless its painful. We cant even keep a spine together for one season and Gould is talking up how hard they worked to create a stable roster and you lap it up, he is talking out of his ass, forget his words, judge him on his actions and our results, they are a long way off what he has said and promised with words.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah great comment except our roster has never been stable since Gould arrived, haha what garbage. Do you guys think for yourselves or do you just let Gus do that?

Actions speak louder than words, our roster is having drastic changes(often midseason) every single year, stable roster my ass lol thats just spin by Gus if he said that, some of you are so clueless its painful. We cant even keep a spine together for one season and Gould is talking up how hard they worked to create a stable roster and you lap it up, he is talking out of his ass, forget his words, judge him on his actions and our results, they are a long way off what he has said and promised with words.

That's a good point. A stable roster will lead to success.

At Titans Pre-Season ....

View attachment 16396

I wish him well. At least he'll get plenty of game time with Peats getting injured all the time.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Inspired post. You have a real insight into the club and the way the NRL works.

Most of the team is signed for the next two seasons, that’s pretty stable when you look at the league. That’s a fact, weather Gus said it or not.

mxlegend99

Referee
That's a good point. A stable roster will lead to success.

I wish him well. At least he'll get plenty of game time with Peats getting injured all the time.
Since Hook arrived we've only had the following player turnover in NRL / NSW Cup

1. Matt Moylan
2. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
3. Zac Hardaker
4. Peta Hiku
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Te Maire-Martin
7. Jamie Soward
8. Jeremy Latimore
9. James Segeyaro
10. Suiai Matagi
11. Chris Grevamuhl
12. Sitaleki Akauolo
13. Elijah Taylor

Mitch Rein
Will Smith
George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Darren Nichols
Chris Smith
Andy Saunders
Andrew Heffernan
Zachary Docker-Clay
Samisoni Langi

Weve had 6 fullbacks under Hook:
Smith, Moylan, DWZ, Hardaker, Edwards and Whare

Weve had 6 5/8ths:
Soward, Peachey, Cartwright, TMM, Moylan, May

We've had 5 hookers:
Segeyaro, Wallace, Peachey, Rein, Katoa

Thats in 2 years.the bolded players have moved on.

Halfback has been our only stable spine position. Granted injury player part in it. But between mid-season releases, and short term signings we have had anything but a stable roster.

mxlegend99

Referee
Inspired post. You have a real insight into the club and the way the NRL works.

Most of the team is signed for the next two seasons, that’s pretty stable when you look at the league. That’s a fact, weather Gus said it or not.
TMM. Hiku. Taylor. Soward. Segeyaro etc. All had contracts when we showed them the door. Moylan had a contract for 4 years.

Contracts that arent honoured are the exact opposite of stable. How many other clubs have had as many players leave as us? Throw in the fact they had contracts and its even more concerning.

OldPanther

Coach
Since Hook arrived we've only had the following player turnover in NRL / NSW Cup

1. Matt Moylan
2. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
3. Zac Hardaker
4. Peta Hiku
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Te Maire-Martin
7. Jamie Soward
8. Jeremy Latimore
9. James Segeyaro
10. Suiai Matagi
11. Chris Grevamuhl
12. Sitaleki Akauolo
13. Elijah Taylor

Mitch Rein
Will Smith
George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Darren Nichols
Chris Smith
Andy Saunders
Andrew Heffernan
Zachary Docker-Clay
Samisoni Langi

Weve had 6 fullbacks under Hook:
Smith, Moylan, DWZ, Hardaker, Edwards and Whare

Weve had 6 5/8ths:
Soward, Peachey, Cartwright, TMM, Moylan, May

We've had 5 hookers:
Segeyaro, Wallace, Peachey, Rein, Katoa

Thats in 2 years.the bolded players have moved on.

Halfback has been our only stable spine position. Granted injury player part in it. But between mid-season releases, and short term signings we have had anything but a stable roster.

That's so bad

hindy111

Post Whore
You are talking like these are planned decisions, they are not. They are off the cuff. Api was contracted, maybe it would of cost us Wallace or Seggy or Sowie to keep him, we released two of those players halfway through the next season.

To have TMM and Moylan on the books last season and neither of them this season is such woeful squad management its ridiculous people are trying to absolve gould and the club of any blame.
Keep Api and let go of Wallace, simple. We had both Moylan and TMM on the books this year, keep one of them ffs. Its like Gould cant wait to release a player once he has spotted another 18-20yo who can almost do the job for half the price.

Wallace was talked about for origin. He was injured and missed out.
When Tmm was released did Gould know what was going too unfold with Moylan?
Eels copped it when lost Peats. BA wasnt too know aforan was going to want out was he.

Anyhows Ive heard a few stories of Moylan and yeah if true I can see why he is gone.

hindy111

Post Whore
TMM. Hiku. Taylor. Soward. Segeyaro etc. All had contracts when we showed them the door. Moylan had a contract for 4 years.

Contracts that arent honoured are the exact opposite of stable. How many other clubs have had as many players leave as us? Throw in the fact they had contracts and its even more concerning.

Always will happen when have talented juniors like Edwards,May,Blake,Cleary,CHN,Cartwright,JFH,Yeo coming through

franklin2323

Immortal
Wallace was talked about for origin. He was injured and missed out.
When Tmm was released did Gould know what was going too unfold with Moylan?
Eels copped it when lost Peats. BA wasnt too know aforan was going to want out was he.

Anyhows Ive heard a few stories of Moylan and yeah if true I can see why he is gone.

I heard the same when he was originally was stood down. It's why I have no doubt he had to go and the players would know that too

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Oh for god sake! Gould was talking about the next two seasons, we have a stable roster for at least the NEXT 2 seasons.

Not the last three, where we have had players come and go. They have working hard to get the young blokes through so that they can have a red hot go at 2018-19.

It’s not that hard to see. Yes, Soward left early because Cleary took his spot.

Who out of those players would still make our 17?? Api maybe, but I think Katoa is going to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.