What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socceroos 2018 World Cup Qualification Thread

RoosTah

Juniors
Forgot this was on, but sounds like Australia did it pretty easy. Got to feel for the poor South Americans - this stuff is kind of a big deal to them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And just like that, 3-0

Very happy we won, but come on - two penalties, and a free kick which, before it took an unlucky deflection, was heading straight to the keeper's arms, is hardly a great sign...

It's awesome we're heading to our fourth consecutive Cup, but playing the way we are now, we will depart the Cup without a win.

We simply can't finish our chances.

It's also a tad worrying that the best striker in Australia is 38 years old...

I'm not trying to deathride the side - I'm a proud Aussie, and I'm stoked we made the final cut.

However, we've massive issues in this squad...

But go Australia!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I actually tried to watch this, but they wanted me to sign up, just to watch.

How to turn people off 101.

beave

Coach
I only watched for Tara.......

What a f**king load of utter shit to witness. give me an Oz v NZ or a Tonga v NZ league game any day of the week.

Was like watching a f**king pub comp reserve grade game.

Last edited:

Smack

Coach
Lol

Tbh, at that level, every group will be the group of death...

I think we're forgetting we drew with f**king Thailand...

Australia
Egypt
Panama
Iceland

We will make it out of groups then play Japan, go to Qtr's play England and win, then semis V Sweden and win, final V Germany, Germany will get 3 players sent off and we will win 1-0.

The cup is ours, just hand it over already

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Forgot this was on, but sounds like Australia did it pretty easy. Got to feel for the poor South Americans - this stuff is kind of a big deal to them.
Actually, Honduras is in Central America.

Anyway, on current form, the Socceroos will go out in straight sets regardless of who is in their group.

I haven't been watching much soccer lately, but I have no love for Aaron Mooy.

In the last few games I have watched him play, he hogs the ball a lot, gets caught in possession too much and has a lot of wayward passes in his game.

It seems he wants to win the game all by himself.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Very happy we won, but come on - two penalties, and a free kick which, before it took an unlucky deflection, was heading straight to the keeper's arms, is hardly a great sign...

It's awesome we're heading to our fourth consecutive Cup, but playing the way we are now, we will depart the Cup without a win.

We simply can't finish our chances.

It's also a tad worrying that the best striker in Australia is 38 years old...

I'm not trying to deathride the side - I'm a proud Aussie, and I'm stoked we made the final cut.

However, we've massive issues in this squad...

But go Australia!
We were due a lucky break with that deflection and he struck it well....

Straight after we scored Honduras came hard and we were able to apply the pressure and stay on top.....

I couldn't give a shit if we don't win a match in Russia. If we draw one I'll be happy....

Just to make it is brilliant.......

Heck even Italy, Chile I think plus USA and Netherlands won't be there....

We just need to hope to NOT get selected in a group of death.
We will be but I'm looking at it positively.... lose 3-0 to a brilliant side and I won't be disheartened.....
Lol

Tbh, at that level, every group will be the group of death...

I think we're forgetting we drew with f**king Thailand...
Yet we pulled through.............

Rabbits20

Immortal
Actually, Honduras is in Central America.

Anyway, on current form, the Socceroos will go out in straight sets regardless of who is in their group.

I haven't been watching much soccer lately, but I have no love for Aaron Mooy.

In the last few games I have watched him play, he hogs the ball a lot, gets caught in possession too much and has a lot of wayward passes in his game.

It seems he wants to win the game all by himself.
I've watched them all and he's still been strong..... still good at creating....

His free kicks and corners haven't been the best of late....

Maybe he's been a bit off though....

I'm just thrilled we have made it.....

We should all be proud now no matter what happens....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hope we get a lot of free kicks in the WC, its the only way we can score

Valheru

Coach
Well we got there in the end. I can't see them doing much once there but it's good to qualify.

I have to give a shout out to the ref last night. I thought he was sensational, was on top of the play when he needed to be and seemed to get everything right.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
TBH I'm not really worried about how we'll do in the WC, just being there is nice.
Doesn't really matter how we got there, as long as we got there.

Will be a massive rebuilding job whoever takes it after Russia, no Cahill, no Jedinak, no Milligan, no Kruse (not too unhappy about that). Interesting to see who steps up or if we have a bit of a down period.

Smack

Coach
Pot One: Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France, Russia

Pot Two: Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia

Pot Three: Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

Pot Four: Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

What I want

Group #
Poland
Peru
Senegal
Australia

Aus 2 Senegal 1
Aus 1 Pol 4
Aus 3 Peru 2

Australia makes it to round 16

What will most likely happen

Group #