What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
Fiji making it makes a sellout semi very unlikely. Hopefully we can still push towards 35-40K. Not expecting a sellout in NZ. I'd be happy with 20K+.[/QUOTE]

not sure NZ would have delivered a sellout either btw
id of thought 40K
about 30K would be a good result for the bati v aus

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Dissapointing we couldn't crack 10k in Chch yesterday, but as I posted before it wasn't great scheduling.

I had a blast, carnival atmosphere. Game was great and the Tongan fans were unreal. Don't know if it came across on the telecast but a couple of times they spontaneously broke out into singing hymns during play. Very special monents to witness.

The 47 Lebanon fans were excellent value too. Very loud and did some impromptu dancing on the concourse at half time.
Yep, heard the hymns, saw all the Tongan fans and the 47 Lebanese fans. It all looked fabulous; great you could make it!

And it all came across great on TV … especially the close scores, fantastic tries and exciting finish … I could barely take it ! :) Then another cracker Fiji v NZ (which despite the appalling crowd at Wellington for a NZ home game still came across great on TV; the crowd again was very vocal).

Go RLWC 2017 ! Imagine how good it would be with competent organisers!!!

beave

Coach
hahahahahahaha

the cowboys home ground
a dump for 22 years while we're at it
any insight into that ... mate ?

We’ll be playing in a shiny new joint in the CBD in 2 years time. $100mil of its finance supplied by the federal gov. All of NQ would like to thank you for your tax contributions towards our new home, it will help the cowboys stay at the top of the rugby league tree.

You uselss green merkins will still be viking clapping out in the boon docks asking for stadium scraps from your GWS/AFL loving member.

When JT wants a new stadium, he gets it. When Ricky wants something, he gets a $10k fine.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
We’ll be playing in a shiny new joint in the CBD in 2 years time. $100mil of its finance supplied by the federal gov. All of NQ would like to thank you for your tax contributions towards our new home, it will help the cowboys stay at the top of the rugby league tree.

You uselss green merkins will still be viking clapping out in the boon docks asking for stadium scraps from your GWS/AFL loving member.

When JT wants a new stadium, he gets it. When Ricky wants something, he gets a $10k fine.

yeah it only took 24 years lol
Canberras had a 25K all seater for .. oh , only 15 years or so
no grass hills for us
we're not bogan filth : )

Billythekid

First Grade
yeah it only took 22 years lol
no grass hills for us

Canberra stadium is hardly state of the art. Give me Newcastle stadium over Canberra stadium any day even if having a hill makes us 'bogan filth'.

Edit: damn that mobile grammar!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Canberra stadium is state of the heart. Give me Newcastle stadium over Canberra stadium any day even if having a hill makes us 'bogan filth'.

hardly state of the art lol
its in reality , 40 years old , with it being all seat since 2002

but by all means have your hills
they look tacky & 1970's
a bit like Newcastle fullstop lol

beave

Coach
yeah it only took 22 years lol
no grass hills for us

C’mon Dave, if your town wasn’t colder than a witches tit in winter, you’d have hills. It might be an all seater but the 5 times I’ve been to games there, its always been a bucket of shit. The west side lower bowl has zero rake which results in a rubbish view and the end stands are a long way from the dead ball line. The east side is pretty good, I’ll give you that.

And bogans? Child please, you got ya fair share as well!!

images

images

But we’re Aussies, we’re all bogans at heart.

Raiderdave

First Grade
C’mon Dave, if your town wasn’t colder than a witches tit in winter, you’d have hills. It might be an all seater but the 5 times I’ve been to games there, its always been a bucket of shit. The west side lower bowl has zero rake which results in a rubbish view and the end stands are a long way from the dead ball line. The east side is pretty good, I’ll give you that.

And bogans? Child please, you got ya fair share as well!!

images

images

But we’re Aussies, we’re all bogans at heart.

oh we have bogans down here
ever been to Charnwood or Kambah ? lol

but we ascended from the 1970s & out grew hills in our stadiums long ago
our bogans now sit on seats
theres a rumour they use cutlery too when eating

its just a rumour tho : )

Jim from Oz

Juniors
10,563 @ AAMI
That means roughly 45,000 for the 4 semis, barely passable .

Takes us to roughly 280,000 For the tournament so far. So no way are we going to hit 400,000, more likely around 375,000 (still being optimistic even with that!) which is 75,000 below target, which in any language is unacceptable!

Raiderdave

First Grade
It may have been seven years ago but ChCh is still very much a city in recovery. I think they have higher priorities than a rugby stadium.

theres no higher priority then sport
nothing gels or unites a community , certainly the size of Christchurch , more like their sport , their sporting institutions.
I think its about time to build a stadium again, a rectangle stadium for the city . similar to dunedin it would be a huge , massive ... boost to the city & it would further assist in its recovery
thats my opinion though

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
@kiwileaguefan - I've enjoyed your insight to NZ crowds. Do you think many neutral NZRL fans will attend, or will we be relying on the Tonga hype to pack out Auckland?

Hard to say.....rugby league is at an all time low in NZ....especailly after the fall out from last night. But the Tonga movement is unlike anything I have witnessed before....

I just hope they are willing to snap up the tickets...but at the unbelievable cost who knows.

I know people on here are disappointed on the NZ crowds for this weekend, but I am honestly surprised between them we got 20,000. It's a good improvement on previous international games here.