What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Capacity for Mt Smart for this tournament is 30K, the increase in capacity was actually a factor in the Penrose venue being selected over say an Eden Park.

Anyway, for this Semi Final, it looks like the choice of venue and pricing have been spot on. Possibly looking at around 28K allocated now and even the $85 Cat As are still moving.

Come Saturday evening, it wouldn't surprise me if this match was announced a sell out based upon current trending.

Brisbane isn't trending anywhere near as positively. It should beat what Australia and Fiji drew back in 2008, but we're looking at 20-25K at the moment...

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Anyway, for this Semi Final, it looks like the choice of venue and pricing have been spot on.

I wouldn't say that, I would say the organisers got lucky. If Lebanon had won, I bet you the crowd would have only been 2-4,000. If NZ had made the final, maybe they would have got 12-16,000...maybe....

They are lucky that Tonga have been receiving unbelievable support. I mean the Tongan King is flying out to the game now...

Burns

First Grade
Agree with the above, if Lebanon has won I shudder to imagine the crowd that would have attended.

If anything, this WC has more than confirmed that the Pacific Nations can draw crowds in NZ (as well as Australia I suppose).

Auckland now has additional Restricted View seats on sale in Bay 1 and Northern Grandstand. CAT B is at single seats, and the only remaining CAT A's should go.

Brisbane looks very concerning. Huge swathes of empty seats available behind the goal posts and in the available Bays on the Eastern side.

Stallion

First Grade
Agree with the above, if Lebanon has won I shudder to imagine the crowd that would have attended.

If anything, this WC has more than confirmed that the Pacific Nations can draw crowds in NZ (as well as Australia I suppose).

Auckland now has additional Restricted View seats on sale in Bay 1 and Northern Grandstand. CAT B is at single seats, and the only remaining CAT A's should go.

Brisbane looks very concerning. Huge swathes of empty seats available behind the goal posts and in the available Bays on the Eastern side.

Hopefully the Public will realise seeing Fiji for the first ever time against the Kangaroos is worth it. Its a novelty and the Fijians have a decent spattering of NRL reprentation in their players.

Ari Gold

Bench
W
I wouldn't say that, I would say the organisers got lucky. If Lebanon had won, I bet you the crowd would have only been 2-4,000. If NZ had made the final, maybe they would have got 12-16,000...maybe....

They are lucky that Tonga have been receiving unbelievable support. I mean the Tongan King is flying out to the game now...
Where would you have held it then? Local park?

Latest posts