What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The good news is that we didn't just smash them with pace. We kind of snuck up on England. Smith was like a f**king brick wall just letting the English quicks bounce off him for 8 hours. We didn't blitz them but we outplayed them largely.

Eelectrica

Referee
Brilliant session from Warner and Bancroft. Just what the captain ordered.
With Warner you just never know what you're going to get. Good to see a mostly composed innings from him when we needed.
Good to see Bancroft do well too. We need people like him coming through. The cupboard is looking a little bare in some ways.

Eelectrica

Referee
I wonder of there's a chance of Renshaw and Warner opening (when Renshaw finds form), Bancroft at 3, shift Khawaja to 5 and Handscomb to 6?

Would certainly solve our issue at 6 IMO
I'd take it. I believe Renshaw will be back at some point, he's too talented to not work out what's gone wrong.

mozza91

Coach
Great day from Australia. We really needed to stand up today and did big time with bat, ball and in the field (Khawaja’s ground fielding has improved out of sight I noticed).

Always abit nervous about our batting (bar Smith) but we’re a different side at home. Warner and Bancroft played it perfectly. Saw off Broad and Anderson with the new ball and then cashed in.

blaza88z

Coach
Khawaja will be hoping someone gets out so he gets another opportunity, getting out to a straight one doesn't look well for him going forward

Warner cant rein himself in. His average ego is higher than his average score at the gabba. Will be back watching Oled and eating candy before you can say itsy bitsy teeny weeny pommie chasey collapsy.

Cum Bancroft will be out to a pearler first ball.
Seriously...the debutant is no where test ready. No wonder he didnt go on that cancelled tour of Bangladesh a while back.

Aust all out by stumps.

Just call me Nostradamus.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wonder of there's a chance of Renshaw and Warner opening (when Renshaw finds form), Bancroft at 3, shift Khawaja to 5 and Handscomb to 6?

Would certainly solve our issue at 6 IMO
I’m not sure we will ever solve our Marsh issue.

Vozzy

Juniors
Just saw replay of Joe Roots dismissal. It was plumb as you get. Then that idiot pieterson was shouting "review it, review it, review it your too big of wicket."

Then they show the hawk eye where it says it shows the ball hitting halfway down middle and keg stump. He then goes "just clipping the bails umpires call maybe".

What a merkin to listen too.

TheParraboy

Staff member
comprehensive win to us coming up

Yeah first innings was even steven. but the cream rise to the top

If the poms cant get us in Adelaide next week, then 5-0 here we come

humiliating really

PJ

First Grade
Just saw replay of Joe Roots dismissal. It was plumb as you get. Then that idiot pieterson was shouting "review it, review it, review it your too big of wicket."

Then they show the hawk eye where it says it shows the ball hitting halfway down middle and keg stump. He then goes "just clipping the bails umpires call maybe".

What a merkin to listen too.

Yep, but no worse than the rest of the commentry crew. I can’t stand listening to him, Warne or Clarke.