What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I get that Brown wants him to come for the right reasons but surely we would be prepared to offer him $1m per season to get him here. I mean Pearce would be silly not to ask for top dollar given he's already going to get close to that at Manly or Cronulla anyway. I mean you would think that Brown knows that we would have to offer a bit more to get him. Making a low ball offer for an in demand player to come to the 3 time wooden spooners isn't really a strategy that is likely to work.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
http://m.nrl.com/sharks-now-favourites-to-sign-pearce/tabid/10874/newsid/116665/default.aspx

This was posted in the Sharks forum.

Would be great to sign Pearce but I guess the other side of the coin is Lamb stays and it still looks like Canberra need to shed players and maybe Val Holmes wants a release after being shunted back to the wing ....

Problem with Val Holmes if he came here though is that we've already got Ponga penciled in at FB so I don't think Holmes is really what we need right now.

Dave_

Juniors
This is Mitchell's chance at proving his many knockers wrong. He cops a bad rap for the shortfalls in his game but just coming to Newcastle will automatically make people sit up and take notice of his desire and passion to be the main man. If he's successful here, that will shut his haters up for good AND he'll be one of the highest paid players in the game while he's at it. All the Knights fans will embrace him and applaud him like he's never experienced just for having the plums to come here and have a real crack instead of taking the easy way out at a Sydney club. He really can't lose coming here to Newy

Alex28

Coach
http://m.nrl.com/sharks-now-favourites-to-sign-pearce/tabid/10874/newsid/116665/default.aspx

This was posted in the Sharks forum.

Would be great to sign Pearce but I guess the other side of the coin is Lamb stays and it still looks like Canberra need to shed players and maybe Val Holmes wants a release after being shunted back to the wing ....
Manly were favourites a month ago. This article has the Sharks favourites. Others have us.

The only bloke that knows right now is Mitchell, and even that is debatable...

In saying that, if we think we can lowball him and still get him here we are dreaming. Three time spoon holders don’t get to do that.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Manly were favourites a month ago. This article has the Sharks favourites. Others have us.

The only bloke that knows right now is Mitchell, and even that is debatable...

In saying that, if we think we can lowball him and still get him here we are dreaming. Three time spoon holders don’t get to do that.

Yep. The article implies we have done that but surely Mooney is not that stupid?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Smart move, get his intentions first if he is only coming for money, having someone on 1mill plus who is only in it for the cash is the Knights of old.

If he wants to come here, we will get it done, no need to go the hagan route of rolling out the bank vault in the first meeting.

PhilGould

Bench
All the reports from Toohey have been that the Knights are willing to exceed $1m and I'm more inclined to believe him.

All the reports from Toohey have been that the Knights are willing to exceed $1m and I'm more inclined to believe him.
I agree all reports were saying a million a season from the knights,we are about to get penalised for spending under the cap.so its not that much paying overs in my opinion.i dont believe that article for a second.we being going that hard for pearce with johns brothers getting in his ear.time will tell soon enough.

Caped Crusader

Juniors

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
We have Sione the worlds best winger hahahahaha

Dude we get that you don't rate Sione, everyone gets it, we will take it as a given in any future forum topic that your default position is that you don't rate Sione. In fact you would be better off making it part of your forum signature so that you don't have to keep wasting time typing it 8 times every day and so it automatically appears on every post, that way it will be clear to everyone where you stand if the topic of Sione happens to come up and that way you don't need to derail every other thread on this forum.

Spot On

Coach
Interesting development re Hayne to Eels. I personally can't believe the coach would have him there. Just don't get it.

Will he play fullback or centre and will it see anyone leave their squad?

PhilGould

Bench
Buzz Rothfield reporting Pearce has all but agreed to a 4 year, $4m deal with the Knights. The circus continues.