What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qatar Sheikh Wanting To Buy NRL Club

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Maybe he wants to be a saint.
We’re the only team that can offer the big red V.
Maybe he likes the colours.
Maybe he can oust Doust & the imposter.
He gets my vote, just look at Manchester City in the PL. A proper set up.

Maybe (and very possibly) the sheik has never seen a game of rugby league, and this 'news' is nothing more than a DT fabrication?

Crush

Coach
With the Sheik running things the Dragons team for round 1 next season is:

1. Billy Slater 2. Dane Gagai 3. Will Chambers 4. Josh Dugan 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Michael Morgan 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron Smith 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh McGuire 14. Wade Graham 15. Jordan McLean 16. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 17. Tyson Frizell

And apparently we've still got room under the salary cap for Thurston and Inglis.
I wouldnt support that team. I hate half of those pricks.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just read the Channel Nine Sport's coloumn in regards to this Sheik , a friend to no less than Mr. Michael Ibriham , whom apparently , according to the report , is a Dragon tragic? ? ? What's the old saying - " Between the devil and the deep blue sea " .

John moz

Juniors
Shiek worth billions or the doust and mary show.I will take the billionaire any day . Time for us to be a superclub and be the next Broncos of sydney .Billions wins success and grandfinals and could also win bellamy as our next coach for 10 years.

JDHD

Juniors
A wishy washy article from the DT
Typical Dean Ritchie garbage
No direct quotes from the sheik
Michael Ibrahim is probably mates with Dean Ritchie and wanted to get his name in the papers.

This Qatari family is worth $60 billion. The Sheik is worth $3 billion. What 'huge benefits' could be used to entice a bloke worth that much money to buy us? He gets to hang out with Doust? He can have a meal with McGregor at Dapto RSL?

If you believe this story can I offer you some magic beans at a very good price?

Well, Ibrahim got a guy from Oman to give $40 000 to Penshurst RSL as a joke. They just throw money around for shits and giggles.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/3918906/omani-sponsor-helps-juniors/

Life's Good

Coach
Well, Ibrahim got a guy from Oman to give $40 000 to Penshurst RSL as a joke. They just throw money around for shits and giggles.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/3918906/omani-sponsor-helps-juniors/
I did hear about that mate. Thing is, if this Ibrahim is so connected and a Dragons tragic, why hasn’t he helped steer some funds to TPA? That is a smaller investment with much less headache.
This is the basis for my scepticism.
Mind you if it was to happen I would be very happy as it would sheik things up enormously.

JDHD

Juniors
I did hear about that mate. Thing is, if this Ibrahim is so connected and a Dragons tragic, why hasn’t he helped steer some funds to TPA? That is a smaller investment with much less headache.
This is the basis for my scepticism.
Mind you if it was to happen I would be very happy as it would sheik things up enormously.

I was wondering that myself. It's good to know that this idea has some precedent though

Latest posts