What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Only two players from Asquith shield team from this year is returning next year.

I know Pat and he has said they have around 10 from last year's squad already signed with more considering offers and over 20 new players have signed so I don't understand the doom and gloom on here about Asquith. I would be interested to know how many players the other teams have signed at the moment outside of the big 3.

Jaseace

Juniors
I know Pat and he has said they have around 10 from last year's squad already signed with more considering offers and over 20 new players have signed so I don't understand the doom and gloom on here about Asquith. I would be interested to know how many players the other teams have signed at the moment outside of the big 3.
They have only signed 3 from this year team, Vinny, Izzy,and Jake conduit, I’m all for Asquith coming back in.

runrabbitrun

Juniors
Unless the details are posted here, no one will know because Manly closed down the Blacktown SE site last year - how does a club allow its partner to remove publicity for its RMC/SS teams - complete joke.

Well after what they did to Weisner it's quite clear they're more than just a joke. Complete basket case!

Pantherman72

Juniors
They have a handful at Norths u20s training plus Sheriff and Halo. Plus some from the past such as Pearsall and Bennett.
Long way to Blacktown for the 5 that are there for Sydney Shield losing pay.

runrabbitrun

Juniors
They have a handful at Norths u20s training plus Sheriff and Halo. Plus some from the past such as Pearsall and Bennett.
Long way to Blacktown for the 5 that are there for Sydney Shield losing pay.

Then one has to wonder why they have not stayed at Asquith. Do they think they will play regular RMC at Workers?
Surely Wheeler has been appointed as SS coach to stem the flow and reel deserters back?

rightleftin

Juniors
It appears that excess Bulldogs NSW Cup squad will play SS in 2018 for Moorebank. The Rams might win a few more games than 2017.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It appears that excess Bulldogs NSW Cup squad will play SS in 2018 for Moorebank. The Rams might win a few more games than 2017.
What happened to Auburn RMC? Thought they'd flow there first, then onto Moorebank?

rightleftin

Juniors
What happened to Auburn RMC? Thought they'd flow there first, then onto Moorebank?

I don't have much interest in draws being released months before competitions start but you would think it would be fairly simple for the NSWRL to provide a list of teams playing in each grade. If that was done it might confirm whether the rumours that 2017 would be Auburn's last hurrah were correct or not.

In any case, Moorebank has advertised for SS and A grade players on the basis that it has a pathway agreement for 2018 with the Bulldogs ISP and under 20 teams.

kbw

Bench
Then one has to wonder why they have not stayed at Asquith. Do they think they will play regular RMC at Workers?
Surely Wheeler has been appointed as SS coach to stem the flow and reel deserters back?

Why is it when some players follow one coach to a club they are loyal and following the "greatest thing since sliced bread" yet others follow a coach they have had for several years are "deserters" ?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Asquith deserve all the uncertainty they're getting after what they pulled this year. Should be very thankful they've been welcomed right back in.

It would be nice to know what teams were competing in the respective competitions next year, rather than relying on rumours and speculation.

I know Western Suburbs are in the ISP, they're also running an RMC side, with East Campbelltown becoming their Sydney Shield feeder.

Heard rumours that Penrith Brothers are back in RMC/SS which will dilute the quality of St Marys you'd assume.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Why is it when some players follow one coach to a club they are loyal and following the "greatest thing since sliced bread" yet others follow a coach they have had for several years are "deserters" ?

Agree with you but there are slight differences. No one left Blacktown to follow Pat as he didnt have a job. They left to go to various other clubs because they hated the people remaining (which are who the Asquith players will be with). The players leaving Asquith are following Simon which is fine, but you would have to wonder how many will make the ISP set up he is in anyway. I would guess none.
Pat assured me they have over 30 contracts done. That alone with Norths 20s and ISP players means they are in a good position considering a month ago they had no players signed. Players swap from club to club and follow coaches and that's great. I don't know why Asquith are a talking point. No doubt players will leave Wenty to follow their coach to Cabra too. It happens. It's footy.

rightleftin

Juniors
Jake Pickering has the attacking skills to play ISP but his slight build and long history as a soccer player means he is a very suspect defender.

runrabbitrun

Juniors

Ok fair point. I didnt know that they'd followed another coach to Blacktown. Furthermore, I was playing on words assuming that's why they appointed Wheeler. I was told Wheeler brought 7-8 players with him last year to Asquith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts