What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple J To Change The Hottest 100 Date

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ABC youth radio station Triple J has announced the Hottest 100 will no longer be held on Australia Day.
By
Chloe Sargeant

1 HOUR AGO UPDATED 7 MINS AGO

ABC's popular youth radio station Triple J has made a surprise announcement: it will no longer broadcast its influential Hottest 100 poll on January 26.

In 2018, the Hottest 100 will be held on Saturday 27th of January. The station also confirmed it would become a two-day event in 2018, with the songs polling at 101 - 200 playing on Sunday the 28th.

The radio station announced the move via social media on Monday.

Full story: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/11/27/triple-j-change-date-hottest-100-Australia-Day

What a crock of shit! The precious minority raises its ugly head again.

Such a lame reason. Can we piss off Christmas Day and Easter as well for us minority atheists?
Because Christmas and Easter also celebrates the invasion and murdering of natives...

Grow up. Its a f**king song list.

Mong

Post Whore
So politicising a song list is OK?

It is already politicised. Every year we would hear the same old thing re being on Australia day.

Now that's not longer an issue, asides from this year when it will be discussed it will likely not be a thing being discussed in years to come effectively depoliticising it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If a non binding strawpoll is good enough to decide gay marriage its good enough for the ABC to use to see if its listeners want the hottest 100 moved.

The weird thing about JJJ and the hottest 100 in general is the best years were the ones where I was young. Which is a weird coincidence that a youth radio station appealed to me when I was a youth

Mong

Post Whore
Well for a start nothing is being abolished and secondly, WTF? How is that a relevant question in any way to the countdown being moved?