What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Adelaide, Dec 2-6 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He just needs to go back to what worked for him in the past. Who cares where he stands, he's refusing to get onto the front foot and is really planted on the back foot. Yeah he's naturally more of a back foot player but when he cracked the side he was playing drives and sweeps and cuts. Now he looks like he's trying to play everything behind the wicket...

he seemed to be trying to change his technique for what ever reason, I think he has been found out and perhaps going back to what used to work for him may not work if they keep pitching the ball up a lot more, especially if blokes like Andesron keep swinging the ball into his pads

Bazal

Post Whore
he seemed to be trying to change his technique for what ever reason, I think he has been found out and perhaps going back to what used to work for him may not work if they keep pitching the ball up a lot more, especially if blokes like Andesron keep swinging the ball into his pads

If he's willing to drive, then pitching it up becomes a scoring opportunity. I don't think he's been found out, and I don't agree with those who say that standing so deep makes him an automatic lbw, if the ball is hitting the pegs it doesn't matter if you're in the crease or on the crease. It's still simply about playing the ball with the bat and the reason he's failing his because he's camped on that back foot and that makes it difficult to play full deliveries. He's clearly struggling for form and confidence and going away from parts of his game, instead trying to rely on what he feels are his base shots. But by doing that he's exposing himself to the fuller delivery

Play a drive son, use the front foot.

Eelectrica

Referee
Handscombe better start hitting them well in the nets if he wants to keep playing this series.
Bowling well in the nets could be an idea too.

typicalfan

Coach
I think Handscomb is out of form and has been well scouted by the England quicks. I thought he might turn it around in the first innings but still has some work to do.

I can’t see Marsh being any better though.

They can't drop Renshaw and then let Handscomb get away with flailing about.

They have - ahem, cough, cough "options" - Maxwell, M Marsh, Burns...

We know their favourites are but if Australia are serious, they'll drop Handscomb for Perth.

Tiger5150

Bench
Bit late catching up with the end of this thread but it was frustrating to read..pages and pages of people whinging that Smith had done the wrong thing not enforcing the follow on, everyone knew better because we let them back into the game,

Games over and then cue everyone (pretty much the same people) complaining that we wont get through the series with just the three quicks.

Thats the whole Point!

Keep this bowling unit intact, Australia wins the series and if long enough we win 5-0. Its as simple as that. This pommie batting line up is not capable of withstanding them and THAT is the reason Smith didnt enforce the follow on. Three great but historically fragile bowlers. The risk he ran was taht the poms could get in and then the bowler have to churn out long overs damaging the chances at the end of the series..

Australia won, bowlers churned out the minimum possible overs over the longest possible time, go to Perth fresh.

2/3 of the way there. Looked ugly but good result

Bit late catching up with the end of this thread but it was frustrating to read..pages and pages of people whinging that Smith had done the wrong thing not enforcing the follow on, everyone knew better because we let them back into the game,

Games over and then cue everyone (pretty much the same people) complaining that we wont get through the series with just the three quicks.

Thats the whole Point!

Keep this bowling unit intact, Australia wins the series and if long enough we win 5-0. Its as simple as that. This pommie batting line up is not capable of withstanding them and THAT is the reason Smith didnt enforce the follow on. Three great but historically fragile bowlers. The risk he ran was taht the poms could get in and then the bowler have to churn out long overs damaging the chances at the end of the series..

Australia won, bowlers churned out the minimum possible overs over the longest possible time, go to Perth fresh.

2/3 of the way there. Looked ugly but good result

I still think he would have had the Poms reeling making them follow on.

But a win is a win. Smith can sleep soundly, breathe again.

Joe Root with all the work to do.

Tiger5150

Bench
I still think he would have had the Poms reeling making them follow on.

But a win is a win. Smith can sleep soundly, breathe again.

Joe Root with all the work to do.

Of course the ultimate result would have been the same, which is the whole point. Win the test with our potent yet brittle attack each putting in 40-50 overs in and unbroken stretch, or the same result with almost a days break for our quicks, with an eye to the series ahead?

There was a stumble, but they did the right thing.

Of course the ultimate result would have been the same, which is the whole point. Win the test with our potent yet brittle attack each putting in 40-50 overs in and unbroken stretch, or the same result with almost a days break for our quicks, with an eye to the series ahead?

There was a stumble, but they did the right thing.

Yeah fair enough.

My heart rate and tension in my neck have seemed to stabilise.

2-0 up is a pretty good start to the summer.

I've put the razors away too.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yeah fair enough.

My heart rate and tension in my neck have seemed to stabilise.

2-0 up is a pretty good start to the summer.

I've put the razors away too.

I was pissed off that we didnt crush the poms when the opportunity was there, but late in the Perth Test when we are still firing on all cylinders to go 3 -0 up or even better late at Sydney to go 5-0 we should all look back at this decision.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So yeah we have an all NSW bowling team, world class, right arm express, left arm express, right arm bounce line and length and a spinner.

When we bat we have Smith.

I just want a left arm leg spinner.

Like really, every left armed kid should try leg spin, chinaman is the word.

I just want to see a left arm wrist spinner, Who can bat.

My goal
Right arm express,Left arm express, Right arm bounce line and length, an off spinner, then my dream all rounder, bats like Lara, bowls like Warne in reverse.

Fields at slip. Next to Smith

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Simple blue print, could be done in any country.

Batter's get the kudos.

Bowlers win matches.

Sobers gets kudos for that.

He could bowl, totally under rated.

So yeah we have an all NSW bowling team, world class, right arm express, left arm express, right arm bounce line and length and a spinner.

When we bat we have Smith.

I just want a left arm leg spinner.

Like really, every left armed kid should try leg spin, chinaman is the word.

I just want to see a left arm wrist spinner, Who can bat.

My goal
Right arm express,Left arm express, Right arm bounce line and length, an off spinner, then my dream all rounder, bats like Lara, bowls like Warne in reverse.

Fields at slip. Next to Smith
Smith is a not a great slip

Latest posts