What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2018 rookies of the year...

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Which rookies from your club do you seriously believe will get some (not just one) starts (not just bench) in 2018 and why? Explain why they'll get a start over exisiting incumbents in the side?

Go

nick87

Coach
Sebastian Kris could be a guy that ends up seeing some game time if the raiders have some injuries
He’s got Cotric level talent. Doesn’t always translate but he’s got a chance to be really good

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I'm thinking Tom Wright at this stage if manly don't sort out replacing green

Obviously big Greg l has an opening on our wing if Hoffman gets moved on

What chances sharkies of Margoulis and ramien getting a trot?

Bazal

Post Whore
Probably not too many at Parra barring injuries. Plenty of decent prospects, but either they're younger (Reed Mahoney) or we've got decent depth. Greg Leleisiuao potentially, but with the Hayne signing he's probably starting the year 7th or 8th choice in the backline at best.

Marata Niukore is probably the most likely I would think, but even then unless we've got big injuries he won't start. If Troy Dargan had stayed he'd be a shot given the halves is about the only place other than hooker we lack depth, but he's pissed off to Brissie.

The_Shield

Juniors
Since Croft is ineligible, for the Storm I’ll go with Brandon Smith (pretty sure he still qualifies), I hope Bellamy puts him on the bench. Tui Kamikamica is another I would like to see given a decent run in first grade

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Since Croft is ineligible, for the Storm I’ll go with Brandon Smith (pretty sure he still qualifies), I hope Bellamy puts him on the bench. Tui Kamikamica is another I would like to see given a decent run in first grade

No chance, he'll go well but to get rookie of year he needs to play similar number of games as cotric and brailey this season. Won't be happening unless Smith does an ACL... So I hope you're right :p

Daza06

Juniors
Victor Radley - in his 3 appearances last season he showed a lot of promise. If Robinson chooses to play with 2 hookers Radley will be dynamic in the 15-20min spell he gets on. Play similar role and style to Damian Cook at the Rabbitohs.

For the Titans:
Alexander Brimson (19) - half/fullback, I hope he gets a go at being our fullback this year, he's fast, agile and has good ball playing skills, however he is small so might struggle under the high ball. At the moment we don't have a full back so I hope he's in there.

Phillip Sami (20) - centre, played a couple of matches last year. He's pretty quick and a strong runner and really impressed in his games last year. We're very thin in the outside backs and I imagine if he's not one of our regular starters he'll be one of the first picked when there's injuries.

Keegan Hipgrave (20) - played the last game of the season last year against the roosters and was the hardest running forward of the game by far. Very aggressive with alot of power, and reminded me alot of Greg Bird (hasn't glassed his wife yet though). I think he'll be pushing for a starting bench spot and I hope he gets it.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Victor Radley - in his 3 appearances last season he showed a lot of promise. If Robinson chooses to play with 2 hookers Radley will be dynamic in the 15-20min spell he gets on. Play similar role and style to Damian Cook at the Rabbitohs.

but is he a serious threat to knock off friend from starting role this season....i don't think so.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
For the Titans:
Alexander Brimson (19) - half/fullback, I hope he gets a go at being our fullback this year, he's fast, agile and has good ball playing skills, however he is small so might struggle under the high ball. At the moment we don't have a full back so I hope he's in there.

Phillip Sami (20) - centre, played a couple of matches last year. He's pretty quick and a strong runner and really impressed in his games last year. We're very thin in the outside backs and I imagine if he's not one of our regular starters he'll be one of the first picked when there's injuries.

Keegan Hipgrave (20) - played the last game of the season last year against the roosters and was the hardest running forward of the game by far. Very aggressive with alot of power, and reminded me alot of Greg Bird (hasn't glassed his wife yet though). I think he'll be pushing for a starting bench spot and I hope he gets it.

if gordon signs, fb is locked down the only vacancy will be on the opposite wing to don. centres are locked down as hurrell and copley and if they get BJ hoffman or other, copley will be next in depth chart.

there's too many ahead of hipgrave already imo for titans props stocks...wallace latu boyle and king.

the only rookie i think will get significant minutes will be jai arrow due to vacancy in the lock position.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
if a back spot opens up i'd say carlin anderson for us. Would be a regular first grader already if his jaw hadn't spent the majority of the last 2 years in a few pieces

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Not many other rookies within the Roosters camp I can see making a big influence in first grade...

i think lindsay collins has more of a chance of getting a run tbh, if another prop goes. albeit mostly bench time.
actually backrow has more vacancy, especially with liu expected to move to prop.
cordner
matto/aub
SST

means nat butcher has a shot.

Last edited:

RazorRam0n

Juniors
if a back spot opens up i'd say carlin anderson for us. Would be a regular first grader already if his jaw hadn't spent the majority of the last 2 years in a few pieces

assuming backs are

1. coote
2. winterstein
3. linnett
4. o'neil
5. feldt

in order: bowen, GGM....anderson ahead of that? maybe...unlikely.

if gordon signs, fb is locked down the only vacancy will be on the opposite wing to don. centres are locked down as hurrell and copley and if they get BJ hoffman or other, copley will be next in depth chart.

there's too many ahead of hipgrave already imo for titans props stocks...wallace latu boyle and king.

the only rookie i think will get significant minutes will be jai arrow due to vacancy in the lock position.
Yeah I think we'll get Gordon and Brimson won't play much of a role this year but you never know.
I think Copley could move to the wing and Sami slot in at centre assuming we don't get anyone too special before the season starts which may happen anyway. Also, would Hipgrave potentially play second row off the bench? I heard he could play there aswell, not sure though.