What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys

callmack1

Staff member
Looking like Fujitsu will now be in a black box on the home, but not sure about Crown on the away. Hoping it isn't a big box but most likely will be.
Yes, the black Fujitsu looks great.

If it's a black box on the away, I will be seriously fuming. It will look terrible. White background with a black logo is certainly the way to go and surely common sense will prevail.

I'm hoping it does. Crown has no problem with the Storm changing the colour of their logo for better cohesion so I'm seriously hoping the same applies for us, if not, I'll be so pissed.

I know some of you don't care what the gear looks like and it certainly won't impact the teams performances but as someone who is into design, I really do care what all our gear looks like and I think it's important to have a nice, professional looking kit.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
So it appears the entire 2018 range, apart from the away jersey, has been released.

Some really nice stuff there.

callmack1

Staff member
Why does the away shirt look so much better than the home shirt? I would much prefer to wear the away jersey.
Personally, I like the home jersey better, the black suits us more imo.

Just remember those are not the official jerseys, they're just a few mock ups that I made to suggest what they could be like.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Personally, I like the home jersey better, the black suits us more imo.

Just remember those are not the official jerseys, they're just a few mock ups that I made to suggest what they could be like.

I just have this feeling in general that the away shirt looks better. White suits the jersey much more than black. It has this more prestigious look about it. Each to their own though.

Travitoh

First Grade
I think a lot of people do. Each to their own, I just think the black rabbit looks silly. The white looks more, I guess correct. Although the club does agree with you and not me so.. haha.

I've always preferred the white, probably because of the rabbit on the chest. The black bunny doesn't stand out like it should on the jumper.

callmack1

Staff member
I like both the black and the white but prefer the home kit. I've liked it ever since it came in. I just think it looks more sleek and suits a home jersey better.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I've always preferred the white, probably because of the rabbit on the chest. The black bunny doesn't stand out like it should on the jumper.

That's exactly what I've thought too. Black actually just looks wrong. I find it interesting that we decided to go with black in the first place.

Pommy

Coach
As a symbolism or connection you could say to the culture and meaning behind the indigenous and how important it is to our club.....

Where’s the source for that? I have seen Rusty say something along the lines of it being more of a selling brand than a fluffy white rabbit.

callmack1

Staff member
So, this will be the home jersey for 2018 (Crown will be on there):

quote_inglis.jpg

Would've preferred that the Crown chest sponsor was black but it still looks very nice and at least it's on there.

Travitoh

First Grade
As a symbolism or connection you could say to the culture and meaning behind the indigenous and how important it is to our club.....

If we're to do something with the jumper as a symbol of our indigenous connection, i would love to see some sleeve patterns on the jersey. Maybe get a former player to do a design each year.

Pommy

Coach
If we're to do something with the jumper as a symbol of our indigenous connection, i would love to see some sleeve patterns on the jersey. Maybe get a former player to do a design each year.

Probably best to leave it to artists. I’m white but I don’t think I could knock out a van gough.

Latest posts