What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
It is rumoured that the club has done an analysis of Boot Camp and what it actually achieved.
The club in its infinite wisdom has finally worked that we peaked way too early and that whilst Boot Camp showed signs of having benefit it was all far too early in the season.
Evidently we have engaged Gorgeous George Rose to run the pre season conditioning for the upcoming season and KFC & Krsipy Kreme under George's guidance will be looking after the off season dietary and nutritional requirements for the players.
It is anticipated that employing such tactics will ensure no player will peak early, we will have no SOO reps and Boot Camp can be run over the weekend of our first bye with a much needed refresher course on the weekend of our second bye.
The club is confident that this reverse program will be successful at the back end of the season and have us really flying as the semis approach (strategically much better than last year) but they are a little concerned as to how we might eke out a couple of much needed victories early on.
Our coach is of the belief that someone may have the answer to this problem and encourages all fans to place their ideas in the suggestion box located on the desk in his office.
A suggestion that we give all our younger players game time early in the season as they will be naturally fit and very keen to impress has already been discounted, so it is highly advised that you only include senior players and journeymen in your strategy.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
George Rose is still playing footy. He's the figurehead of the George Rose challenge which is an NRL backed program designed to encourage indigenous people to lose weight. It's rumoured he is down to 116 kg from a top playing weight of 136. Not saying George is the answer to the perceived boot camp problem, but I dare say he would add a lot more value to the process than you are suggesting.

John moz

Juniors
Fishfingers miss out on another no7 cronk now pearce .After bird leaving the club isnt a happy place now with Holmes wantimg out of the joint. Ceo gone soon will be the coach.

Crush

Coach
Fishfingers miss out on another no7 cronk now pearce .After bird leaving the club isnt a happy place now with Holmes wantimg out of the joint. Ceo gone soon will be the coach.
Dude, are you serious? They replaced Bird with Dugan and they got rid of Maloney who they all hated and replaced him with Moylan who will be excellent.
Coach is going nowhere. They won the comp last year.
Sounds like some very under-ripe grapes there that you may be sucking on my friend.....

Brutalitops

Juniors
Lmao at the idea Shane Flanagan would be moved.

Dugan for Bird and Moylan for Maloney are also both good trades.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dude, are you serious? They replaced Bird with Dugan and they got rid of Maloney who they all hated and replaced him with Moylan who will be excellent.
Coach is going nowhere. They won the comp last year.
Sounds like some very under-ripe grapes there that you may be sucking on my friend.....

Hate to be finicky but Cronulla won its premiership two seasons ago.

48-years to go...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Was my post that said sharks won the comp last year incorrect? Sorry I thought it was still 2017. Thanks for correcting me Saint Jimmy G

Your penultimate post referred to "last season", which technically, was the LAST one completed i.e. 2017.

I did preface my response with "finicky".

Crush

Coach
Your penultimate post referred to "last season", which technically, was the LAST one completed i.e. 2017.

I did preface my response with "finicky".
Nope, sorry mate. Pretty sure I said last year not last season. Anyway, whatever, enjoy

Crush

Coach
Geez this is a long off-season. I'm bored. Does anyone have a rumour or anything? Mickeylane a prediction maybe? Samy any inside info?
Gimme something!

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Geez this is a long off-season. I'm bored. Does anyone have a rumour or anything? Mickeylane a prediction maybe? Samy any inside info?
Gimme something!

Crush, I thought you would know by now that the Dragons are at their very best during the pre-season. Every year without exception they experience their hardest ever pre-season and I have no doubt that this will be the case again. Right now I reckon they will be training the house down. We will also have the excitement of whether there will be another boot camp. If so will Lafai again be the standout? Or will Mary himself take out the prize this time. Then there's the Dragons website where there will be plenty of players predicting next year will be great for the Dragons. Possibly a top 4 finish. And you won't find anywhere on the website any reference to a Dragons' loss.

Please Crush enjoy this carefree time of year while you can. All too soon we will be back to bemoaning Mary's press conferences, his use of spin as good as any politician, his refusal to give exciting juniors a run and his embarrassing use or should I say non-use of the bench.

Crush

Coach
Crush, I thought you would know by now that the Dragons are at their very best during the pre-season. Every year without exception they experience their hardest ever pre-season and I have no doubt that this will be the case again. Right now I reckon they will be training the house down. We will also have the excitement of whether there will be another boot camp. If so will Lafai again be the standout? Or will Mary himself take out the prize this time. Then there's the Dragons website where there will be plenty of players predicting next year will be great for the Dragons. Possibly a top 4 finish. And you won't find anywhere on the website any reference to a Dragons' loss.

Please Crush enjoy this carefree time of year while you can. All too soon we will be back to bemoaning Mary's press conferences, his use of spin as good as any politician, his refusal to give exciting juniors a run and his embarrassing use or should I say non-use of the bench.
Just on players predicting top 4 finish, that is actually very refreshing to hear. It means that they are finally thinking that they are premiership contenders. 2018 is looking promising if Mary can develop a coaching brain.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Just on players predicting top 4 finish, that is actually very refreshing to hear. It means that they are finally thinking that they are premiership contenders. 2018 is looking promising if Mary can develop a coaching brain.
A labotomy is the only chance of him getting a BRAIN.

Latest posts