What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

strider

Post Whore
I got a letter today saying they will come and install something between 20-Dec and 18-May ... lol - try n be more specific merkins

They say i dont have to be home ... wtf are they gonna do? Just hack some box to the outside of my house where they want ... what about what i say? ... my house doesnt have good access - i wanna know when they come ffs

Gronk

Staff member
So what do you pay Twizz, and for what? My $80 month is unlimited download, phone. You can't get that on the NBN down here.

I can get up to 50Mbps download. Never have a problem on Netflix or any streaming

You will find a huge difference when your upload is also 50mbps. From a business POV we are desperate for it. Thankfully it gets switched on in Feb and then we'll go from 17 mbps down and 1mbps up to 75 to 100 mbps each way. Everything is in the cloud these days and when you a moving 50mb files all the time, you notice it all right.

hindy111

Post Whore
Correct. Fibre to the node and HFC is the discount version and clearly an inferior troublesome product.

Cause the whole thing will be redundant in 5 yrs ffs.....

How do you get down a driveway in the blue mountains where its 40 mtrs of windy rock and clay?

I think you will also find a lot has to do with the providers servers also and not just the cabling.

hindy111

Post Whore
You get what you pay for. Private businesses are always keen to fill demand. Especially once the government gets out of the way.

Jobs this size should be done private. Every man and dog would of lied to get ball rolling abput cost in a do and charge basis.

When a jobs hard the guys who rock up , just go cant do and charge a service call and put down as unable to do....
Quick $100 for 10 mins work......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Kerry Packer was smarter than the current lot, both on politics and the media. This classic from 1991 is enthralling viewing with the best left for the last five minutes. I don't think he was far off the mark when it comes to where the media was heading at the time. Classic real TV for those who have some time to burn.

I watched the start and the last 10 mins. Clever merkin.

Cause the whole thing will be redundant in 5 yrs ffs.....

How do you get down a driveway in the blue mountains where its 40 mtrs of windy rock and clay?

I think you will also find a lot has to do with the providers servers also and not just the cabling.
Can it not go overhead, like the electricity?

hindy111

Post Whore
The government is hopeless at providing anything, including infrastructure. Let providers provide this stuff and homeowners pay for it. The government could even force merkins to pay for it by upping their rates.

Johnny Consumer can contribute and give Johnny Taxpayer a f**king break. I understand they’re often the same person, but John C has choice where John T doesn’t.

If government supplied fibre to the homes and then Im sure internet providers could provide an internet package for nbn. $500 set up fee or extra $15 a month over a 24mth contract. Simple.

Service providers are using government as excuse. I know friends who have fibre to home and had speeds of 2 mbps. When complained they upped them to next plan free of charge and received 30mps.

I get between 20-50mps on wireless 95% of time. 4g

5 g will blow this speed to pieces.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If government supplied fibre to the homes and then Im sure internet providers could provide an internet package for nbn. $500 set up fee or extra $15 a month over a 24mth contract. Simple.

Service providers are using government as excuse. I know friends who have fibre to home and had speeds of 2 mbps. When complained they upped them to next plan free of charge and received 30mps.

I get between 20-50mps on wireless 95% of time. 4g

5 g will blow this speed to pieces.
4G is about 50% faster than my NBN.

hindy111

Post Whore
I got a letter today saying they will come and install something between 20-Dec and 18-May ... lol - try n be more specific merkins

They say i dont have to be home ... wtf are they gonna do? Just hack some box to the outside of my house where they want ... what about what i say? ... my house doesnt have good access - i wanna know when they come ffs

Depends. They may just leave you with copper at house and splice at the node.
If they put to home then inside you end up with this big ugly box in the easiest spot they can find and will say only place can go.
Ask for it in a cupboard and they will bullshit amd say it needs airflow.