What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

slotmachine

First Grade
They let him grab jerseys more effectively.

12 month holiday killed him, was never the same player when he came back.

Johns Magic

Referee
You don’t think long arms and wide shoulders are an advantage?

I think being the best footy player is an advantage.

You are talking sports science gobbledygook. No doubt NFL or NBA influenced which is why you think we should be getting all our recruits from Detroit.

Buhrer had the third most offloads in our team this year despite missing half the season and having to play a chunk at hooker.

He is fast for a backrower.

Glenn Stewart is one of the most effective offloaders of recent memory and he looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

"Tackling range"? Please explain that one.

Yes SBW has the ideal second-row build, I don't dispute that. It doesn't mean you fill your backrow up with lanky dickheads like Chris Houston.

Yosh

Coach

You are talking sports science gobbledygook. No doubt NFL or NBA influenced which is why you think we should be getting all our recruits from Detroit.

Buhrer had the third most offloads in our team this year despite missing half the season and having to play a chunk at hooker.

Glenn Stewart is one of the most effective offloaders of recent memory and he looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Yes SBW has the ideal second-row build, I don't dispute that. It doesn't mean you fill your backrow up with lanky dickheads like Chris Houston.

Considering the best player to every play the game didn't exactly have the physique of a Greek God, I think in the NRL being a supreme athlete isn't as important as it is in American sports. However, I think it will move in that direction some time in the next decade.

macavity

Referee

Sports Science gobbledygook huh. Physics is a thing. At any rate of course the best footy players are the best footy players. But skills being equal the bigger, longer and quicker guy has physics on his side. This is not a controversial fact.

macavity

Referee
Considering the best player to every play the game didn't exactly have the physique of a Greek God, I think in the NRL being a supreme athlete isn't as important as it is in American sports. However, I think it will move in that direction some time in the next decade.

Johns still has physics on his side. Built low with a massive arse. Not many halves are built to play a power game.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I'm reading the part where JM and Mac are having a civil discussion on Buhrer's best spot in the 17 and my brain is humming along quite happily.

My eyes then rove across this...

And my poor brain just goes into lockdown i.e.

1*NHOGFUEbmtdPWxQSRAcHWw.jpeg
In fairness - Woosh is tackling the post by Slots in a thread titled Sione.... I understand 'I've heard this all before' but I just glide straight past and work on the axiom "Nothing to see here, move along" - it is less taxing that way ;)...unless your intent was just to find the right post to use this cool Jackie Chan meme:p

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Sports Science gobbledygook huh. Physics is a thing. At any rate of course the best footy players are the best footy players. But skills being equal the bigger, longer and quicker guy has physics on his side. This is not a controversial fact.
Personally, i dont think any of our backrowers have the equal skills nor footy brain of Buhrer. Size and speed is far less effective without the skill and brains to apply it correctly

Just look at the careers of Tony Williams or Dave Taylor

macavity

Referee
Personally, i dont think any of our backrowers have the equal skills nor footy brain of Buhrer. Size and speed is far less effective without the skill and brains to apply it correctly

Just look at the careers of Tony Williams or Dave Taylor

Guerra and Sione both better players

And at the end of the day that is the argument. I think they are better, you guys obviously disagree.

Our team is much better placed if I am right.

Silent Knight

First Grade
In fairness - Woosh is tackling the post by Slots in a thread titled Sione.... I understand 'I've heard this all before' but I just glide straight past and work on the axiom "Nothing to see here, move along" - it is less taxing that way ;)...unless your intent was just to find the right post to use this cool Jackie Chan meme:p

It's the meme...and the amusement of putting Fat Pat and the word "dangerous" in the same sentence.

macavity

Referee
The Australian team would be better placed if T-Rex and Dave Taylor were better players than Wade Graham and Matt Gillett. But they aren't, despite their wingspan.

My point is we know exactly what Buhrer offers to our team.

We need Guerra and Sione to offer more than that if we are going to take a leap forward.

Old dog

Juniors
Sometimes these threads are very serious and demand consideration and other times they are so damn funny because of the seriousness, never dull.

Latest posts