What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Maybe you can tell me how many mistakes DUFTY made at fullback at the end of last season DRAG.if he stuffed up I can understand moving him to the wing.JUST in case you were not watching his positional play improved the more he was there .let's hope MR MCGREGOR let's him off he leash and he's allowed to run the ball,instead of passing to powderpuff MCDONALD.

denis preston

First Grade
I'm hearing you. Can't see any interest in Field, Dufty or McIness from other clubs.

So other clubs have made inquiries to Lomax's manager ?

Most player managers find it very difficult if nearly impossible to create interest in a player with no or very little NRL game time.

Drag Queen

Bench

Most player managers find it very difficult if nearly impossible to create interest in a player with no or very little NRL game time.
I wouldn't have a clue, but the kid is peaking interest. Bevan French was probably only 16 when several clubs starting vying for him. This was a kid who came from the bush and not through the usual RL channels. Word gets around when they are that good. Lomax is getting some good publicity.

watatank

Coach

But it wouldn't be difficult to create interest in a player who can play any position 1-5, that has played Australian Schoolboys and NSW U18s two years in a row and will probably be a Junior Kangaroo too.

Curtis Scott, who won a premiership with the Storm was a highly sought after Sharks junior a couple of years ago, chased by many as 11 clubs after starring in Australian Schoolboys championships. Lomax is in the same class.

(link https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/69d22c9cbfa2c747e8441288f07448ce)

It'll basically be the same thing if/when Lomax is off contract. Lomax is signed to 2019 so we are in a good position to keep him long term but time will tell.

BennyV

Referee
Ok, would you put Field or Dufty on the wing or is it a size thing? I can see your logic considering French started with a wing position at the Eels. Mind you, he's quite a skinny kid too. Many on this forum have laughed at having Field and Dufty as wingers. Maybe disorganised defence would benefit them too. Thoughts?
I personally wouldn't throw them onto the wing for a few reasons:
- Neither of them have played on an edge, only fullback and 5/8.
- We have better options for juniors to blood on the wings. These two would be well down the list in terms of use to the team and what they'd gain playing there.
- French was mirrored by Radradra or Hoffman (from memory) and Gutherson at the back, all strong ball runners. Assume that we have Field and Dufty in our back 3 leaves us very weak coming out of our own end.

Not saying they couldn't, but I think the cons outweigh the pros.

Drag Queen

Bench
I personally wouldn't throw them onto the wing for a few reasons:
- Neither of them have played on an edge, only fullback and 5/8.
- We have better options for juniors to blood on the wings. These two would be well down the list in terms of use to the team and what they'd gain playing there.
- French was mirrored by Radradra or Hoffman (from memory) and Gutherson at the back, all strong ball runners. Assume that we have Field and Dufty in our back 3 leaves us very weak coming out of our own end.

Not saying they couldn't, but I think the cons outweigh the pros.
Fair enough. Does this leave Lomax at a disadvantage of wanting the FB position though? The reason I'm asking is because of his size and defensive skills as it could work well to our advantage. Maybe a younger, fitter and faster version of Dugan.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Fair enough. Does this leave Lomax at a disadvantage of wanting the FB position though? The reason I'm asking is because of his size and defensive skills as it could work well to our advantage. Maybe a younger, fitter and faster version of Dugan.
I like to think he will be competing for the spot with Marsters over the next 2-4 years, with the other taking a centre spot. Of course, if Dufty physically manages the full season of first grade, then he may hold the spot long term. So hard to say until these youngsters all get a chance to adapt to life in the fast lane.

Would be nice to see a backline full of local kids in 3-4 years.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I like to think he will be competing for the spot with Marsters over the next 2-4 years, with the other taking a centre spot. Of course, if Dufty physically manages the full season of first grade, then he may hold the spot long term. So hard to say until these youngsters all get a chance to adapt to life in the fast lane.

I was talking to a guy who is a massive Saints fan a few days ago. He goes and watches them train and talks to the players. I mentioned the idea of Lomax possibly getting a centre or fullback position and he did not think it would happen. He then told me that he thinks Dufty is going to be superstar and that he has put on some muscle. He also told me that he thinks we will win the comp this year.

BennyV

Referee
I was talking to a guy who is a massive Saints fan a few days ago. He goes and watches them train and talks to the players. I mentioned the idea of Lomax possibly getting a centre or fullback position and he did not think it would happen. He then told me that he thinks Dufty is going to be superstar and that he has put on some muscle. He also told me that he thinks we will win the comp this year.
Your last sentence tells you all you need to know about this guy!!!

Drag Queen

Bench
Whatever drugs you and your friend are on can you send some my way ?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
we wont win it THIS YEAR....

Frank Facer

First Grade
I didn't say we would win the comp next year, I just passed on what a Saints fan, who is closer to the players than anyone I know, had to say. I have us finishing between 5th to 8th, but if Mary was to give Lomax and another youngster an opportunity and they are success stories of 2019, then anything is possible, even with Mary as coach. I still think we need another big hard running prop too.

Belta

Juniors
Frank Facer said; "...he thinks we will win the comp this year."

Yes Frank I like this gentleman's optimism. Hopefully the players he is closely associating with share this self belief.

I try always start the season full of optimism.

Reactions: jak

Drag Queen

Bench

JDHD

Juniors

Let's not kid ourselves: Lomax wants fullback because that's where the money is

Drag Queen

Bench
Dufty has had strong
interest from the Storm.
Really? In what position? Surely you aren't comparing him to Slater. Or are you? Widdop actually stated that Quinlan was the new Slater a few moons ago. I'll happily eat humble pie if Bellamy takes on Dufty. More likely to poach Lomax. Pure conjecture of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts