What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players will be swapped for Angus?

Pablooo

Juniors
Lol it won't crumble in you're lifetime buddy. We're too well run :joy:

You know and everyone else knows most clubs bend the rules on the cap by various degrees but your club along with the Broncos are out of control.

Uncle Nick recently came out in the media with a statement because he knows the club’s offseason actions don’t look good. There are actually rumors believe it or not that the Rorters are about to sign another one or two marquee players for 2018 lol which makes sense with Uncle Nick’s recent article claiming everyone is jealous and picking on the Rorters. The fact is if he wasnt feeling guilty and nervous about this whole saga he had no need to say a word. Like Parra, the real risk is outside of your so called great run club’s control. One disgruntled ex employee or scorned wife of a player or a sacked player can bring it all crashing down. And if your club is so well run why then have you been through three CEOs in four years (Canavan, Lee, Kelly) with the later two both failed ex Souths execs, this doesn’t sound like a well run club to me. Sounds like you are a club run by a wealthy man with too much ego and money and very little regard for the rules and game.

Last edited:

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
You know and everyone else knows most clubs bend the rules on the cap by various degrees but your club along with the Broncos are out of control.

Uncle Nick recently came out in the media with a statement because he knows the club’s offseason actions don’t look good. There are actually rumors believe it or not that the Rorters are about to sign another one or two marquee players for 2018 lol which makes sense with Uncle Nick’s recent article claiming everyone is jealous and picking on the Rorters. The fact is if he wasnt feeling guilty and nervous about this whole saga he had no need to say a word. Like Parra, the real risk is outside of your so called great run club’s control. One disgruntled ex employee or scorned wife of a player or a sacked player can bring it all crashing down. And if your club is so well run why then have you been through three CEOs in four years (Canavan, Lee, Kelly) with the later two both failed ex Souths execs, this doesn’t sound like a well run club to me. Sounds like you are a club run by a wealthy man with too much ego and money and very little regard for the rules and game.
What clubs are these marquee players coming from for Roosters to sign x2 for next year??? Sounds a stretch

Pablooo

Juniors
What clubs are these marquee players coming from for Roosters to sign x2 for next year??? Sounds a stretch

Could be from Rugby, UK or local, nothing would surprise me with this lot. They are still after a prop and centre. They have tried hard to get Junior Paulo but things have gone quiet on that front so I’m sure they are still lurking in the deep dark offering trunks of cash to other prospective players.

jak

Bench
Why not?

It's obvious you have no intention of playing him at fullback ever and there are better centres and wingers out there. If he comes to Souths he's playing in the number one for us by about midway through this year and will have the job going forward.

We'll take Mitchell and Manu off your hands and you can have Crichton in 2018. Sounds like a fair swap to me.
fair swap. easts don't no the meaning of the word fair.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Is Kens of Kensington relocating to the Roosters new centre of excellence?
Hi Brendan can't reply personally as it's against the rules. Suffice to say 1 forward 1 back. If it comes about it will be surprising. Hint - one of them may not necessarily be a rorters player!

southsport

First Grade
Hi Brendan can't reply personally as it's against the rules. Suffice to say 1 forward 1 back. If it comes about it will be surprising. Hint - one of them may not necessarily be a rorters player!

I call that Mitchell will be one of them.

Valheru

Coach

He was asked a question. He didn't hold a press conference

haha

Juniors

That would indicate a 3 way trade.
The forward would probably be Napa or Aubusson, is the back from super league?

burgibigbash

Juniors
Personally I like JWH. I think the Roosters are a bit thin up front so I can't see them offloading him.

Realistically it will probably be a backrower.

If you look at a possible backline lineup for the Rorters it will be

Teddy
Toupo
Mitchell
Manu
Fergo

Now that Gordon is gone I can't see them Releasing any of these players. Butcher and Tahkiaho seem the players that could possibly be targets. I'm a fan of Matterson as well, but he recently re signed.

Maybe it might be better to keep Angus use him specifically as an impact forward from the bench and use the money on a player that we can actually have a genuine crack at that is off contract from any club and that we really want, not just a swap deal.

As long as his attitude is right and their is no resentment and turmoil we still have a quality player that can help us achieve finals footy in 2018.

I'll support the club no matter what happens.

brendan299

Juniors

Thanks Joe

Appreciate the response mate.

If it’s not a Rorters player then maybe it’s their coach?
Robbo could come to Souths and learn his trade.
After we spend a month washing the filth off him.

Imagine Politis response if Robbo left to join Souths. He would crack it more than 400 plates in a Greek restaurant on a Sat night

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Yee of little faith Toad!! .... I may be an artist.........
Not sure how x3 way trade would work in this circumstance... the end result better not be we end up with x2 average players for Roosters to get Angus early.
If it was Latrell Mitchell from Roosters in swap ...with us securing a suitable replacement for Angus elsewhere then that would be a good outcome

There are a lot of talented backrowers floating around that I think if we could land one would not make losing Angus so bad

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I think you need Crichton more than you need Mitchell. Particularly if the rumors around Cordner are correct.

I guess you'd like to think that Richo doesn't know what he is doing and I'm sure you're probably correct but even blind Freddy could see that Mitchell for Crichton is a good fit for both teams and so I would expect that this is what is being asked for.

A lesser offer and we just keep Angus for the year

Souths are in no position to dictate who comes to them. At the very least a player like Latrell Mitchell. It simply will not happen. The Roosters would just sit out and wait until 2019 for Angus, however we are not the club with a player going elsewhere. We hold the upper hand and Souths know that. They are looking at Ryan Matterson (still imo a very good player and would be a top pick up for Souths) and Nat Butcher.

Rabbits20

Immortal

This an absolutely brilliant post....

Your best yet and it will be too much for the arrogant cocks to comprehend......

Piss weak replies they come up with....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths are in no position to dictate who comes to them. At the very least a player like Latrell Mitchell. It simply will not happen. The Roosters would just sit out and wait until 2019 for Angus, however we are not the club with a player going elsewhere. We hold the upper hand and Souths know that. They are looking at Ryan Matterson (still imo a very good player and would be a top pick up for Souths) and Nat Butcher.
You think we are gonna take it lightly we'll you've no f**king clue!!!!!

We have him contracted to us so we don't have to give him to you.....

We have the upper hand in that if Cordner' knee is f**ked well you'll be begging for Angus......

It'll be hilarious if you don't win a premiership these next few years....

I spoke to my Bulldogs mate today about Rorters and he's not stupid either.............

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Thanks Joe

Appreciate the response mate.

If it’s not a Rorters player then maybe it’s their coach?
Robbo could come to Souths and learn his trade.
After we spend a month washing the filth off him.

Imagine Politis response if Robbo left to join Souths. He would crack it more than 400 plates in a Greek restaurant on a Sat night
This will be Mixo's last prophetic post till the new year cos i'm going on hols. Bye Bye Cody perhaps to be replaced by another Walker or a lamb to the slaughter. Tracey and Douehi to be extended. That's all folks!

Latest posts