What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes!

Travitoh

First Grade
England did well to pull the Aussies back after lunch. It could've gotten ugly today!
Warner looked on from the first over while Bancroft... not so much.
Pretty even at the end of day one with Australia having the edge largely thanks to a great first session from Warner. Smith elite as always and SMarsh becoming the batsman that many felt he always could be. A couple of wickets before lunch tomorrow could really turn this game on it's head though.

Travitoh

First Grade
80 odd thousand is a disappointing turnout for a Boxing Day Ashes test too. For all the chest beating that comes from the Victorians, they sure don't back it up with actual support.

Pommy

Coach
80 odd thousand is a disappointing turnout for a Boxing Day Ashes test too. For all the chest beating that comes from the Victorians, they sure don't back it up with actual support.

It’s a dead rubber and the tickets probably weren’t cheap, can’t say I blame them really. Was hoping there would be some cheap tickets for Sydney knocking about but they’re still pretty expensive.

Travitoh

First Grade
Horrible lol
Stuart Broad was in one of his moods this morning. The side as a whole put in a very good performance.
For possibly the first time this series you could probably say England are genuinely in front.

Pommy

Coach
Horrible lol
Stuart Broad was in one of his moods this morning. The side as a whole put in a very good performance.
For possibly the first time this series you could probably say England are genuinely in front.

I was abroad for the first two and some of the third tests so this is the first I have been able to follow properly.
I’m enjoying it even though it’s a dead rubber, for me at least it’s a 2 test series :);)

Travitoh

First Grade
It’s a dead rubber and the tickets probably weren’t cheap, can’t say I blame them really. Was hoping there would be some cheap tickets for Sydney knocking about but they’re still pretty expensive.

I don't know about Sydney but in Adelaide there will often be a handful of GA tickets released a day or two before day one. Keep an eye out online.

Travitoh

First Grade
I was abroad for the first two and some of the third tests so this is the first I have been able to follow properly.
I’m enjoying it even though it’s a dead rubber, for me at least it’s a 2 test series :);)

There's no such thing as a dead rubber in the Ashes!

Pommy

Coach
Much better today, but I still can’t help thinking we have plenty of scope to f**k it all up.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Much better today, but I still can’t help thinking we have plenty of scope to f**k it all up.
Was good to see you guys put up a serious fight though.

Probably the first day of the series that you've dominated

Pommy

Coach
Was good to see you guys put up a serious fight though.

Probably the first day of the series that you've dominated

Like I say I haven’t seen very much of the series at all but didn’t we have a rest first day Perth or Adelaide, for it only to go to shit after that.

doyen

Bench
Unfortunately for ENGLAND Stokes being absent has hurt them badly.

England have been in reasonable positions at times in the series but lacked a genuine game-breaker like Stokes,with bat & ball!!

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Like I say I haven’t seen very much of the series at all but didn’t we have a rest first day Perth or Adelaide, for it only to go to shit after that.
There's been some competitive sessions, but this is the first day I'd say England have won.

Although had they been more aggressive the series might still be on the line

Travitoh

First Grade
All it takes is an early wicket tomorrow though to turn things again...
Great day for England today. The Smith drop catch has proven to be costly so far.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Credit to Cook here......

I hope he gets 200.......

Woakes digging in unlike Ali trying to play himself out of the side with that stupidity.......

Travitoh

First Grade
With Mitch Marsh already in the side, it's difficult to understand why Bird is in the side. Our pace attack seems one dimensional with only Hazlewood really offering any threat with the ball.

Not taking anything away from Cook though. He is batting a treat.

Travitoh

First Grade
I've not seen many better innings than Cook's. Top quality knock from him.
Broad's little cameo rubbed a bit of salt into the wound too. I enjoyed seeing him battle through early. I wasn't convinced Khawaja held the catch but there is fair debate either way about it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've not seen many better innings than Cook's. Top quality knock from him.
Broad's little cameo rubbed a bit of salt into the wound too. I enjoyed seeing him battle through early. I wasn't convinced Khawaja held the catch but there is fair debate either way about it.
Best knock I have seen in ages under immense pressure...... probably best knock under pressure I've ever seen...

Broad was not out mate..

I clearly saw the ball touch the ball for a brief moment.

England in the box seat for this one..... they have won the key moments in this test thus far.

Latest posts