What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break out star for 2018?

Veracity

Juniors
My crystal ball tells me that there might be a shake up in the halves, I see one of the young blokes coming in a some stage, possibly Tracey, we might see Walker on the bench, a victim of his own versatility, one of the dreaded perennial utility victims

Pablooo

Juniors
My crystal ball tells me that there might be a shake up in the halves, I see one of the young blokes coming in a some stage, possibly Tracey, we might see Walker on the bench, a victim of his own versatility, one of the dreaded perennial utility victims

Tracey is the most likely. He has been held back by injury but shows all the signs of a highly skilled and freakishly fit player. If he can avoid serious injury this season, he will be a real contender. The other big movers will be between players like Doueihi, Arthars, Britt and Rodwell. I’m hoping Rodwell lives up to expectation and hits the NRL running.

Veracity

Juniors
Tracey is the most likely. He has been held back by injury but shows all the signs of a highly skilled and freakishly fit player. If he can avoid serious injury this season, he will be a real contender. The other big movers will be between players like Doueihi, Arthars, Britt and Rodwell. I’m hoping Rodwell lives up to expectation and hits the NRL running.

I’m in no real hurry for Rodwell & Johnstone to move up too quickly, I’m just happy we have two up & coming Rep props who have real potential, we know front Rowers take a bit longer to find their feet, it’d be nice to just see gradual improvement

callmack1

Staff member
I’m in no real hurry for Rodwell & Johnstone to move up too quickly, I’m just happy we have two up & coming Rep props who have real potential, we know front Rowers take a bit longer to find their feet, it’d be nice to just see gradual improvement
Same. Initially, I thought they might be a chance of first grade around Origin time but after thinking about it further, I think they should both have a season at Norths this year. Then they'll be right in the mix for 2019 as they both have huge potential.

I'm also hoping Musgrove is a bit more consistent this year and we see some more growth from him not to mention George sorting his stuff out.

I think we certainly have the potential for another menacing forward pack in the near future.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Agreed. I doubt we'd have signed Nicholls/Leuluai/Tatola if we were going to roll those two out this season.

Johnstone may get a game or two at the back end of the year if he really kicks in, but Rodwell is only 18. He's a great talent, but how many 18 year old props are playing NRL?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Same. Initially, I thought they might be a chance of first grade around Origin time but after thinking about it further, I think they should both have a season at Norths this year. Then they'll be right in the mix for 2019 as they both have huge potential.

I'm also hoping Musgrove is a bit more consistent this year and we see some more growth from him not to mention George sorting his stuff out.

I think we certainly have the potential for another menacing forward pack in the near future.
Yes Musgrove has a good chance to kick on....

He's got to cut out that ildiscipline when it's not going his way...

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Douehi should be given any opportunity before Tracey. The RLWC showed he can handle it. We need to hang onto him especially if Cody leaves

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Douehiei should get first crack before Tracey

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Yes in between his massive stints on the sideline.
I have see Douehi play a lot including in WC and he should be next in line for a crack
How did you see him play in between his injuries when he hasn't played since his first major one? :joy: Why lie about something like that?

Rabbits20

Immortal
@DynamicRabbit1 don't worry mate....... Veracity and Rabbitoad will try cause an argument out of nearly all you say....... they aren't worth it.....

If you can't see that now mate you'll see it soon enough...

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Or I'm curious about how he could see him between injuries when he hasn't played since his first injury.

It's not my fault you get overly sensitive/upset whenever people won't take your word as gospel

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
How did you see him play in between his injuries when he hasn't played since his first major one? :joy: Why lie about something like that?
Seen him play lower grades coming through for sharks.
Douehi has more potential and showing more

Likewise to your point..
How can anyone say Tracey should get next shot over Douehi when he hasn’t been on the field where Douehi has been doing his time in NYC, then Bears and then Lebanon??

Rabbits20

Immortal

Likewise to your point..
How can anyone say Tracey should get next shot over Douehi when he hasn’t been on the field where Douehi has been doing his time in NYC, then Bears and then Lebanon??
If Cody goes we must keep Doueihi......

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Likewise to your point..
I think Doueihi is the better player mate, I was just curious as to how you'd seen him play between injuries.

Tracey's a gun, but I've rated Doueihi since I saw him at a Rugby carnival a few years back.

His game management/overall ability reminded me of a young Stephen Larkham (only you know, with a kicking game).

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
I think Doueihi is the better player mate, I was just curious as to how you'd seen him play between injuries.

Tracey's a gun, but I've rated Doueihi since I saw him at a Rugby carnival a few years back.

His game management/overall ability reminded me of a young Stephen Larkham (only you know, with a kicking game).
Wouldn’t be suprised if he gets a start at left centre for 2018. He went ok there for Lebanon