What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

@GAZF

Make it and they will come.

I have faith mate. Your website designs have always been marvellous. Good luck and hit me up when you do some red n green. :blush:

PS - can you do singlets too for summer? Just a thought. Maybe an expanded range down the track ;-)

GAZF

First Grade
@GAZF

Make it and they will come.

I have faith mate. Your website designs have always been marvellous. Good luck and hit me up when you do some red n green. :blush:

PS - can you do singlets too for summer? Just a thought. Maybe an expanded range down the track ;-)
I'm confident that the current completed designs have the potential to sell well. The hard part is setting everything up around it - e-commerce on the website, marketing, etc... which I might only have 1-2 nights a week to work on them.

Tee's and singlets are definitely on the to do list but they will be cotton and not sublimated.

GAZF

First Grade
Nike and NBA have teamed up to release City Edition jerseys to be worn in the new year. While not having anything to do with RL, it's worth checking out.
https://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-city-edition-uniform
The NBA has made a huge leap towards RL in the last 12 months - now they have jersey sponsors and wear 4-5 different uniforms a season. I'd imagine traditionalists over there are not impressed with how quickly the changes have come on.

Saint Doc

Coach
The NBA has made a huge leap towards RL in the last 12 months - now they have jersey sponsors and wear 4-5 different uniforms a season. I'd imagine traditionalists over there are not impressed with how quickly the changes have come on.

100%. Read an article yesterday about the uproar when Lakers wore their “away” purple uniform for the first ever time at home the other day. Welcome to our world, NBA!

GAZF

First Grade
100%. Read an article yesterday about the uproar when Lakers wore their “away” purple uniform for the first ever time at home the other day. Welcome to our world, NBA!
Imagine how'd they'd feel if half the comp decided to wear pink/purple over a month long period.

kdalymc

Bench
They also released “statement” jerseys as well for this year...

beave

Coach
Miami is my fave.

Utahs was a great idea but poorly executed

VMFTOhxsKG-j_1ePkJbxsaosf_XQsZgev1849HBJaksPNdvqddW0UBNek1CTsvn_QtD_qyRL8zwyWgJ_Eq1lfESopWCVByyjH9axl9YPqpQXI_QOgOtLHamE1ZFhYroj=w521-h282-nc

Zigwaa

Bench
I'm looking into opening a merch store where a customer can purchase pre-designed t-shirts/hoodies/caps/etc... and/or make their own custom merch using provided logos and design assets from my site.

All of the logos and designs would be originals, with no official licenced names or design assets (for legal purposes). I would probably start off with something simple like alternate monogram logos and then look to include things like patterns and whatever comes to mind.

I want to integrate store links into posts on my site, so if a visitor sees a logo or design that they like, they can buy casual merch and even decide what product to apply a design to and how the elements are laid out.

The products would be digitally printed and/or screen printed as embroidery and sublimation are cost/time prohibitive at this stage, hence the focus on casual merch and not playing gear. I'd just be providing the designs and letting a third party handle the manufacturing and logistics to save time at the expense of profit margins.

The idea behind it is to provide an alternative to conventional merchandising without stepping on anyone's toes with regards to licencing. I also want to make use of the large of amount of designs I've produced, and want to continue to produce, over the years. The store would most likely be a slow rollout (6-12 months) as time is limited to work on these kind of projects.

If anyone has ideas or feedback, or especially prior experience with such a setup, please let me know by PM. I'm particularly interested in thoughts on pricing as I don't want to charge ludicrous amounts but would like a bit of cash in my pocket for time outlaid.

And mods, please feel free to move this post as I didn't know whether it was best to put it here or in the Ask Us Anything section.

If you haven't already, you'd learn a lot from reading the 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss. He outlines a lot of the processes and optimizations in setting up online businesses, mostly from a side project perspective to test the waters.

GAZF

First Grade
If you haven't already, you'd learn a lot from reading the 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss. He outlines a lot of the processes and optimizations in setting up online businesses, mostly from a side project perspective to test the waters.
Will give it a read, thanks for the recommendation.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Nike and NBA have teamed up to release City Edition jerseys to be worn in the new year. While not having anything to do with RL, it's worth checking out.
https://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-city-edition-uniform

Its funny. All the NBA fans i know are ready to blow there brains out over this...

Meanwhile, NRL fans are happy is there clubs keep it below a dozen per season and, just once, dont give the design job to a work-experience kid.

Just look at the subtlety and minimalism of those designs. jesus!!!