What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

thorson1987

Coach
Dunkirk.

Solid movie.

The jumps between the groups and it going backwards in time got a bit annoying.

Could have also been better if it was done like most other war movies i.e more graphic.

mackdadday

Juniors
With Oscar nominations on the horizon tis the season to get into some DVD screeners. first two I have seen are:

The battle of the Sexes. Steve Carrell and Emma Stone based on an infamous tennis match between Billie jean King and sole old dude. Not bad but not oscar calibre surely. Carrell is superb as always. 7/10.

The Disaster Artist - James Franco and his brother movie about the making of The Room (a movie so terrible that it's good). I thought it was a nice mix of comedy and drama. 7/10

Life's Good

Coach
Hacksaw Ridge.
I’m not a huge wartime film fan but for some reason I found myself glued to the screen and really enjoyed it.
The battle scenes were great(the opening one was incredibly graphic).
Despite being an American war film you could have sworn it was an Australian story given the number of Aussie actors swarming the screen. Mel Gibson has either totally p*ssed of the Yank brigade who won’t work for him or he simply wants to back Aussie talent(and Teresa Palmer is gorgeous).

Dogs Of War

Coach
Geez so many movies I've watched.

Favs.

Okja - 9/10. About a super pig and the girl who raised her. Pretty awesome.

I, toyna. 7/10. Love bogan Margot Robbie

Collosal. 8/10. Monster movie reinvented. Good times had.

It - 8/10. Can't wait for the adult side. Everything I thought it would be.

So so's

Blade runner 2049 6/10. Ok. Never reached great heights.

Lady bird. 6/10. Enjoyed the movie. But wouldn't be rushing back to watch it again

It follows. 6/10. Interesting concept. Missus hated me for telling her how I would defeat it given the conditions.

3 billboards. 6/10. I enjoyed this. Nice but of drama. Would have liked the movie to go full natural born killers and add 30mins from where it finished.

axl rose

Bench
Yep definitely don't waste your $$$.

Liked the first half then it lost me a bit. Other than the Asian character, who was hit and miss, It was pretty lifeless. In my beloved Honey I Shrunk The Kids, they are riding bees and ants, avoiding the lawnmower, a raindrop is a tsunami. In this little Damon world they are pretty much just sitting around doing nothing.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Geez so many movies I've watched.

Favs.

Okja - 9/10. About a super pig and the girl who raised her. Pretty awesome.

I, toyna. 7/10. Love bogan Margot Robbie

Collosal. 8/10. Monster movie reinvented. Good times had.

It - 8/10. Can't wait for the adult side. Everything I thought it would be.

So so's

Blade runner 2049 6/10. Ok. Never reached great heights.

Lady bird. 6/10. Enjoyed the movie. But wouldn't be rushing back to watch it again

It follows. 6/10. Interesting concept. Missus hated me for telling her how I would defeat it given the conditions.

3 billboards. 6/10. I enjoyed this. Nice but of drama. Would have liked the movie to go full natural born killers and add 30mins from where it finished.

I was a little underwhelmed by IT. Don’t get me wrong I’d give it a solid 6.5/10 but it wasn’t THAT scary more so disturbing with the back stories of the kids. The kids were excellent though. I fee chapter 2 won’t hold back as its with adults in it.

natheel

Coach
Finally got around to seeing Downsizing.. Kind of wish I hadn't lol.

It had like 1 or 2 good moments but it really went nowhere and tbh I probably couldn't even tell you what it was about.

4/10

Strange movie but a cool concept. Had me thinking if I’d do it just to get the riches etc

Wizardman

First Grade
Good trivia question. What was the body count in First Blood? 1(accidental). Because of the sequels, it's quite a different film than people might remember.

The sequels are fun to watch but are totally different movies to the original. "First Blood" stands up to any action movie ever released due to its pure quality. Brian Dennehy gave the performance of his career in that movie.

Wizardman

First Grade
I watched "All the money in the world" last night. Good watch but I don't get the oscar hype about it. Marky Mark was typical Marky Mark and Williams was pretty solid. Christopher Plummer was unsurprisingly the star of the movie. He came in to replace Kevin Spacey who has all of his scenes shot. It is a "can't take your eyes off him" type performance....very interesting and believable.

panthersam

Juniors
Liked the first half then it lost me a bit. Other than the Asian character, who was hit and miss, It was pretty lifeless. In my beloved Honey I Shrunk The Kids, they are riding bees and ants, avoiding the lawnmower, a raindrop is a tsunami. In this little Damon world they are pretty much just sitting around doing nothing.

And when they missed on the Asian girl character they really missed, it felt borderline racist at times lol

Latest posts