What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI Squad vs England

Bazal

Post Whore
"No longer plays for his state..."

Lol, more than a little license taken with that comment...

King hit

Coach
You should see all the Victorians on Facebook carrying on about the big show not being selected and how CA is against Victoria.

f**king tossers

Bazal

Post Whore
CA is against Victoriania but picks fat useless Victorian Finch.....lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
The next Billy Stanlake. Hasn't he kicked on after being picked solely on Big Bash form...what a star!

give him time, has had back injuries

only played 2 FC games and 6 list A games

one to watch if he can stay fit and play a bit of Shield cricket

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lynn was lucky to be selected for mine

other than that no problems from me other than im not sure Zampa is out long term front line spin bowler,
then again who would be the other candidates? Swepson? bring back Lyon?

Iafeta

Referee
Hasn't Maxwell got a few runs for Victoriania in the Shield? So he's picked when he can't hit it with a barn door and gets axed when he gets runs outside of hit and giggle cricket... I don't like the douche but that seems bizarre.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hasn't Maxwell got a few runs for Victoriania in the Shield? So he's picked when he can't hit it with a barn door and gets axed when he gets runs outside of hit and giggle cricket... I don't like the douche but that seems bizarre.

They have a bizarre approach to all rounders. Faulkner isn't the most popular lad with some on here, but he was consistently picked in the tail and than criticised for failing batting 8 as a bloke who really just needs a partner and some time to get in (and ultimately it lead to him losing his central contract). Maxwell bats up the order but rarely gets a bowl...it seems as though if the all rounders not named Marsh aren't killing it with both disciplines they are chopped and changed quite quickly.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd suggest Maxwell's attitude was a reason why he was omitted. The Australian cricket team is a bit like Queensland's origin team, you don't talk yourself up in the media. You keep quiet and let your actions or form speak and you might get picked. If you don't you keep trying until you do.

Smith is a dedicated trainer and improver and he wants blokes in the team who are the same, not show ponies and half arses. He's indicated that Maxwell needs to improve in that area.

Australia will miss Maxwell's fielding.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd suggest Maxwell's attitude was a reason why he was omitted. The Australian cricket team is a bit like Queensland's origin team, you don't talk yourself up in the media. You keep quiet and let your actions or form speak and you might get picked. If you don't you keep trying until you do.

Smith is a dedicated trainer and improver and he wants blokes in the team who are the same, not show ponies and half arses. He's indicated that Maxwell needs to improve in that area.

Australia will miss Maxwell's fielding.
Agree with all of this, Smith drew a line in the sand after Hobart.

And the Show has averaged 22 in his last 20 ODI games. And Head is the reason he is not in the squad.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'd suggest Maxwell's attitude was a reason why he was omitted. The Australian cricket team is a bit like Queensland's origin team, you don't talk yourself up in the media.

Does that mean Wade will never ever go near an aussie dressing room in any format
the guy is a king of talking himself up and half assed delivering

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
After Smudger's comments if they pick the Toyman to replace him you would think he'll just be the drink waiter