What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

abpanther

Staff member
I watched 3 billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. Enjoyed it, some nice little comedic moments to break up the drama

axl rose

Bench
And when they missed on the Asian girl character they really missed, it felt borderline racist at times lol

lol yeah, cant disagree with that. Movie is getting panned by most. But I admit I did laugh when she gave that patient a massive overdose.

Life's Good

Coach
Well, it’s 8 days into the new year and I may have watched the sh*ttest movie I will see this year.
Sleepwalking In Suburbia(Foxtel).
It’s a story about a woman who sleepwalks around the suburbs having a sexual encounter with a neighbour. This sets of a chain of events around paternity, infidelity & murder.
The acting is wooden & forced at best but so bad I watched until the end(main actress & an early girl on girl kissing scene probably helped keep me interested)!
A classic D grade thriller.

panthersam

Juniors
lol yeah, cant disagree with that. Movie is getting panned by most. But I admit I did laugh when she gave that patient a massive overdose.

Oh yeah that was quite hilarious. There were so many hidden messages in that movie too in regards to all kinds of social and economic problems. (ie the world ending from global warning, the problem that society has with prescription drugs). It was painful to watch and I wanted my two hours back after it was finished haha

azzah72

Bench
Watched 3 billboards.

Might be my favourite Frances McDormand performance and and easy top 3 fav move of the year.

Sam Rockwell too, so good.

Wizardman

First Grade
I just watched "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". The movie copped a bit of flak back in the day and was compared as the worst of the trilogy when it once was a trilogy. In comparing it to the fourth one though, this one is like an academy award winning production. I still consider the 4th one to be in my top ten worst movies I've watched at the movies. It is probably my biggest disappointment. Im sure in his quiet moments, Ford would wish he didn't do the fourth one.

I think it is a great watch. Lots of fun in a 'not trying to be too cool' kind of way.

Caught the last twenty minutes of Ghostbusters on telly the other night so just chucked on blu ray.

Gosh it's fun.

I was 8 when it came out and was one of the most exciting things of my childhood. Still kicks arse now.

Perfect blend of horror comedy, SPFX and pacing.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Homefront - 6.5/10

With James franco and Jason Statham, average storyline and some good action just didn't really understand the role of francos character. Was a decent movie to watch on the train home after a long work day

vvvrulz

Coach
Infinity Chamber 6/10 - Interesting premise of a man trapped in a cell trying to fool a bot using a recurring memory; a bit like Source Code but without the glaring plot holes. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by Black Mirror lately but this movie just didn’t have a good knockout punch.

thorson1987

Coach
The Disaster Artist.

8/10.

Both Francos, although mainly James, put in great performances.

Makes me want to download and watch The Room now.

Apey

Staff member
Saw the Jumanji remake. Eh really not my type of movie. Very much aimed at teenagers I think. Still a good premise and some decent action.

6/10.

axl rose

Bench
Darkest Hour - British backroom parliamentary politics in the first month under Winston Churchill's leadership. You are going to love or hate it.

Barely a false note anywhere for mine.:thumbsup: :a:

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Not sure tv shows count but 12 Monkeys not the movie, which was cool, the series on Netflix. I give it worth a watch.

PJ

First Grade
Patti Cakes. Liked it way more than I expected. Bit more lighthearted, but not by much, version of 8 Mile with a female lead.

What Happened to Monday. Really liked this near future semi sci fi, thriller.

Brigsby Bear. Not everyone's cup of tea but an enjoyable indie film.

vvvrulz

Coach
Daddy’s Home 7/10 - Exactly what’s on the tin, a bit light fun with good chemistry all around and just the right dose of silliness. Will Ferrell dials it down just enough and Marky Mark is his usual reliable self.