What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the MCG, Dec 26-30 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm going to take my tasteless heathen VB beer drinking and enjoying tastebuds and pour myse

Heh, thats the thing with beers. Some conditions suit a savoury beer best, some suit a quenching beer best, yet some people just want a nice all-rounder to suit all conditions. While some beers on the palette leave many people with a "what was the brewer thinking?"

Its like wine, I get Sav Blanc, I just don't like its acidity. But Shiraz, outside of being meal specific or blended to a wonderful rose, I struggle to grasp the appreciation of short of smoking roll your owns filterlessly and regularly for 50 years.

NZ Sav Blanc is, IMO, the worst thing to happen to wine since Rosemount Chardonnay and oak chips. And until very recently I sold and wrote about wine for a living.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
NZ Sav Blanc is, IMO, the worst thing to happen to wine since Rosemount Chardonnay and oak chips. And until very recently I sold and wrote about wine for a living.

I don't doubt your opinion, but I don't enjoy Sav Blanc's acidity. Regardless of origin. Maybe I drink more than the average Sav Blanc drinker. I don't just drink a quarter glass and finish up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

after many many years of heavy research

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With some flavour, usually :p

Although a Dry is great after 7 hours of cricket. Doesn't even touch the sides.

the best beer ever is the one you have at 6 o'clock every Saturday as soon as cricket finishes

JJ

Immortal
Run? Was picking single malt

Lol on NZ sauv... not a fan myself but many are

ANTiLAG

First Grade

The only thing better than a single malt is 25+ of them blended together...

Concert violinists may be good - but they sound better with the whole orchestra in support

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore

Many were fans of oak-chipped chardonnay too. And Yellowtail is still going, somehow. People don't necessarily know shit lol. The watered down version of sauv blanc that Marlborough started and others have jumped on board is as bad as moscato tbh.

Not that I begrudge anyone their own tastes. I certainly don't drink high end stuff all the time and I've got no problems with people who enjoy an NZ sauv, and there are good ones of course. But when you see Oyster Bay (for eg) claiming all this prestige and pedigree you've gotta laugh....it tastes absolutely no different from a Coles or Woolies $5 NZ job.

Reactions: JJ

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Many were fans of oak-chipped chardonnay too. And Yellowtail is still going, somehow. People don't necessarily know shit lol. The watered down version of sauv blanc that Marlborough started and others have jumped on board is as bad as moscato tbh.

Not that I begrudge anyone their own tastes. I certainly don't drink high end stuff all the time and I've got no problems with people who enjoy an NZ sauv, and there are good ones of course. But when you see Oyster Bay (for eg) claiming all this prestige and pedigree you've gotta laugh....it tastes absolutely no different from a Coles or Woolies $5 NZ job.

Oyster Bay claims prestige in Aus?

Baha

Latest posts