What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

Danish

Referee
Btw how ths hell did rey get out of there. She conveniently woke up before kylo then just strutted out and stole a shuttle? None of the red guards thought to press an alarm the moment snoke died?

When luke dragged vader out of the deathstar in ROTJ at least there was sone chaos from it being under attack to make the whole thing plausible.

Ridiculous plot hole.

Their ship being cut in half from the warp drive kamikaze wouldn’t be a distraction you don’t think?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Btw how ths hell did rey get out of there. She conveniently woke up before kylo then just strutted out and stole a shuttle? None of the red guards thought to press an alarm the moment snoke died?

When luke dragged vader out of the deathstar in ROTJ at least there was sone chaos from it being under attack to make the whole thing plausible.

Ridiculous plot hole.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a fair bit left on the cutting room floor. Action rarely gets trimmed down in big budget movies. It's always the story/character elements.

Then again, there was so much ex machina in the film that they probably just left it to the audience to fill in the blanks.

vvvrulz

Coach
AOTC is a great example of that - the deleted scenes added much needed fleshing out for Padme, Anakin and Dooku as well as a bit of connecting the dots during Obi-Wan’s investigation of the poison darts.

There’s even a scene where Obi-Wan (correctly) complains that Anakin as a stupid choice for the bodyguard, and Mace Windu of all people has some faith in Anakin. That little bit of dialogue was crucial as it seemed like a daft idea to the audience and it adds an extra layer knowing the characters themselves agree.

The actors do some good work and show some pretty decent and rare chemistry. I expect TLJ had similar cuts.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Windu having faith in Anakin when Obi Wan disagrees gives a lot more weight to what happens in ROTS as well.

I've got no doubt 20+ minutes were probably cut from TLJ just like from other Star Wars films. Much easier to cut dialogue and calm characters scenes than it is to cut very expensive action scenes. Gotta justify those expenses.

DJ I imagine had a fair bit of his performance left on the cutting room floor. It really felt like he was there for bullet points rather than to be a character. Wouldn't surprise me if Finn/Rose's storyline was also trimmed when they realised how irrelevant it was to the main story.

Generalzod

Immortal
Finally saw it for a 2nd time and loved it more. Yes it has problems but I enjoy the hell out of most of it.
The only movie I’ve seen multiple times at the cinema was Terminator 2. I also seen remastered for its 25 th anniversary now that’s a movie

Mr Spock!

Referee
Wouldn't surprise me if there was a fair bit left on the cutting room floor. Action rarely gets trimmed down in big budget movies. It's always the story/character elements.

Then again, there was so much ex machina in the film that they probably just left it to the audience to fill in the blanks.

Yeah so now I have to buy the bluray to see if it makes sense....

No thanks....this'll be the only one I won't be getting.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Damn those bots.....

The Last Jedi is in freefall and IX is going to tank completely....

Rotten Tomatoes' Audience Score For 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Has Tumbled To A Rotten 49%

Last-Jedi-RT-results.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai...jedi-has-tumbled-to-a-rotten-49/#4ad3828f3f45

beave

Coach
If Star Wars was a Rugby League player, Karmichael Hunt is a player that comes to mind.

Awesome start to proceedings.

Massive change in the middle that didn’t go well with a lot of people and was all over the shop like a mad womans shit.

The last hurrah is looking like they shouldn’t have bothered....... clear drug issues.......