What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

burgibigbash

Juniors
Rather sign Mansour
I'd rather sign neither.

Mansour would be asking big money , much more than he is worth, I really think besides his strong dummyhalf running he has bugger all else in his game and is actually a defensive liability.
He has a bad habit of coming off his wing and has no real passing skills or kicking skills and isn't that great under the high ball.

The Goosters can have him.

Pablooo

Juniors
Rather sign Mansour

While I think there is very little between Fergo and Mansour, I’d do the swap for both Fergo and Butcher because I’m keen to get Butcher back and Fergo can play wing and centre and would form a lethal combo with Gi, Gagai and AJ. As for Butcher, he is a true leaguey like Murray and a tough one at that. I think he has huge upside at this stage of his career and would be feeling anxious to show both the Rorters and Souths his worth over Crichton.

callmack1

Staff member
Loving your work Burgi, great posts and I couldn't have said it better myself.

In regards to Ferguson, I don't want him. Imo, he's kind of similar to Hayne in that he can be an amazing player but at the same time is a bit lazy, can cause disharmony in the playing group and he is a bit hot and cold.

I'd rather go big for Mitchell.

Galeforce

Bench
While I think there is very little between Fergo and Mansour, I’d do the swap for both Fergo and Butcher because I’m keen to get Butcher back and Fergo can play wing and centre and would form a lethal combo with Gi, Gagai and AJ. As for Butcher, he is a true leaguey like Murray and a tough one at that. I think he has huge upside at this stage of his career and would be feeling anxious to show both the Rorters and Souths his worth over Crichton.

This trade would make me sick.

1) Roosters get Cronk , Tedesco after getting Keary and then Angus.
Note anything there? BRAINS and IMAGE players.

trade Angus for Fergo for a year...........golly , would make me puke for stupidity.

2) as for Butcher , if Roosters release him and he wants to come to Souths , sure give him a go on a modest contract until he shows he can handle the big boys. However trade him , because Roosters want Angus early , NO thanks . The issue with Butcher as i see it is that he is SMALL , same issue with Murray. Not sure having the smallest back row in the comp would auger well.

3) as for Mansour , sorry we never kept him , however he is long gone , bring him back at the end of career , no thanks , would rather keep the focus on our young ones. AJ is already a Souths great winger in my eyes and i like the look of Campbell ( he is cool and smart) with Jennings / Burns/Hunt /Kennar all having potential to be handy wingers if they do not make the centre.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Not sure why all the hype on Butcher all of a sudden... maybe reaching out to cover the loss of Angus.
We have Murray & Fui who I believe are both better.

Fergo is a mixed bag on and off the field... do not see any benefit in gifting Roosters with Crichton a year early to get Either of those x2 players.
If we were talking about Lattrell Mitchell different story

Pablooo

Juniors
Not sure why all the hype on Butcher all of a sudden... maybe reaching out to cover the loss of Angus.
We have Murray & Fui who I believe are both better.

Fergo is a mixed bag on and off the field... do not see any benefit in gifting Roosters with Crichton a year early to get Either of those x2 players.
If we were talking about Lattrell Mitchell different story

Butcher is 184cm and nearly 100kg while Angus is 187cm at 102kg. There is only three centimeters separating them in height. I personally think Nat will end up a longterm elite NRL player while Angus if he continues to excel will end up playing Rugby. Nat is Rugby League made. He has excelled is every grade and was captain and best and fairest in the NYC winning Roosters team and competition. I see a lot of upside in his style of game. He is a power player where he uses brute power and strength to apply his game. Because of this he will take two or three seasons playing against NRL forwards to build his strength to match them but it will happen and he will dominate at NRL level like he has at every level previously.

As for Fergo, he is miles better than every back we have outside of GI, Gagai and AJ.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Well I think as we seen towards the end of last year that as these impressive youngsters have come through, the Turners, Clarks, Musgroves , have a bit of competition and were made to fight hard for their positions in the team all spending some time at the Bears. I see it as healthy competition for spots and can only make us better.

To be perfectly honest as much as I love Sutto if his defence doesn't improve, I have both Clark and Turner in front of Sutto. I also have Talakai in front as well.

I'm just hoping that Sutto plays less minutes for more impact and totally proves me wrong and kills it in this his last year. He will definitely get first crack and will definitely be in the starting lineup come round 1 which I think is fair and he deserves and has earned that. But form and form only should rule weather he makes the 17 from that point on.
Seibold has mentioned using Sam on an edge, so I'm thinking our back row will be Murray/Sam/Crichton with Sutton playing a bit part off the bench.

It also sounds like Turner will be used as a prop this season

burgibigbash

Juniors
Seibold has mentioned using Sam on an edge, so I'm thinking our back row will be Murray/Sam/Crichton with Sutton playing a bit part off the bench.

It also sounds like Turner will be used as a prop this season
Well we have some great options I feel toad. I will be heading down to a training session in the next couple of weeks and I'll be interested to have a look at who is playing what role.

I'm not writing off the chance of a Johnston or Rodwell making a push. Rodwell is only a boy but something tells me he is going to be really good. I think he will debut within the next two years.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Loving your work Burgi, great posts and I couldn't have said it better myself.

In regards to Ferguson, I don't want him. Imo, he's kind of similar to Hayne in that he can be an amazing player but at the same time is a bit lazy, can cause disharmony in the playing group and he is a bit hot and cold.

I'd rather go big for Mitchell.

Yeah I agree mack. I mean if he came I wouldn't be unhappy , but I would rather keep Angus and have our youngsters come through this year.

Mitchell is a different kettle of fish. He is a rarity in the modern game in that he can create room out of nothing with pure strength and he has the skill factor as well and is only a youngster.

Mate I really think Graham will kick on this year. I really like the look of this kid and physically he is already there .

doyen

Bench
Butcher is 184cm and nearly 100kg while Angus is 187cm at 102kg. There is only three centimeters separating them in height. I personally think Nat will end up a longterm elite NRL player while Angus if he continues to excel will end up playing Rugby. Nat is Rugby League made. He has excelled is every grade and was captain and best and fairest in the NYC winning Roosters team and competition. I see a lot of upside in his style of game. He is a power player where he uses brute power and strength to apply his game. Because of this he will take two or three seasons playing against NRL forwards to build his strength to match them but it will happen and he will dominate at NRL level like he has at every level previously.

As for Fergo, he is miles better than every back we have outside of GI, Gagai and AJ.

Of course we should get Butcher back to Sths!
He is a talented & tough RL player & a Sths junior.
As you say,he has plenty of upside-----leadership qualities for one!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Well we have some great options I feel toad. I will be heading down to a training session in the next couple of weeks and I'll be interested to have a look at who is playing what role.

I'm not writing off the chance of a Johnston or Rodwell making a push. Rodwell is only a boy but something tells me he is going to be really good. I think he will debut within the next two years.
Rodwell's a future rep player without doubt.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Interesting, has a desire to play in the back row. The club would need to do their due diligence on his knees though.
I don't think he'd hold up physically in the back row.

As a big body on the wing though, I'd be all for it.

doyen

Bench
I'd be worried if he didn't

If Cook can't go past Farah now he probably never will!

If they were cars--Cook would have 50,000kms up & Robbie about 300,000 kms on the clock.
I'm surprised that Robbie is still competitive against his much younger opponent in Cook.
Farah's had about 13 yrs of tough grind in the NRL & Cook only 50 games;most as a replacement. It really should be no competition for Cook,yet,I think it is!!

No.9 is very much a potential weakness for us & we should be keeping our eyes open for a top recruit in this posse!