What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Not a vintage performance but always happy to knock off the neighbours.

Can looked disinterested and I thought Gomez got lucky a couple of times after some mistakes.

saint.nick

Coach
Not a vintage performance but always happy to knock off the neighbours.

Can looked disinterested and I thought Gomez got lucky a couple of times after some mistakes.
Yeah Gomez was a bit too casual at times, including when he tried a naive forced pass with an opponent already smothering him. I used to be an advocate of Gomez playing CB straight away, but this was when Lovren was in f**king dogshit form (touch wood), but it's best he gets his experience and maturity out wide on the flank, just like Carra did.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Cue the FSG out brigade, even though it was klopp's call
The sons of shankly wankers will be out in force for sure. Already seem
People of twitter claiming FSG don't spend and only sell our best assets. Meanwhile VVD is gonna cost £90m when all the VAT's and extras are paid, Keita cost a bucket load and Salah was a club record at the time of signing. Not to mention we're keen on Lemar who will cost more than Keita and VVD.

You can't fault our owners at all, they've put bucket loads of cash into the club while also making us healthier financially.

saint.nick

Coach
Their agenda is so incoherent... They basically don't want FSG to back their manager, and they're also inadvertently accusing klopp of lacking ambition.

cb4

First Grade
We beat our 35 Million Pound signing with Mo Salah at 36 Million
We Beat our 36 Million Pound signing with Ox at 40 Million
We beat him with 52 Million Pound man Naby Keita
We beat him with 75 Million Pound man VVD
All in 4 months.

The arguement is, the net spend is -34 Million after the Coutinho signing over 4 years.

Personally, I don't care. Our squad is stronger than the 2013-2014 team, that team just had a healthy Sturridge and an on fire Suarez.

People will find any kind of agenda when we haven't won a trophy in nearly 6 years.

My concern now, is how we replace Phil. We need quality players. Lemar yes, Lazini no.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Still can't believe we paid more for Ox then Salah...

Lemar seems to be the #1 target and is obviously highly regarded... I thought he was more known as a winger though rather than a number 10/creative player?

I really want Goretzka I think he is class.. would be an upgrade on Can and can play further up the pitch if needed. I'd be dangling the carrot at Shalke now to try and release him this window.

saint.nick

Coach
Still can't believe we paid more for Ox then Salah...

Lemar seems to be the #1 target and is obviously highly regarded... I thought he was more known as a winger though rather than a number 10/creative player?

I really want Goretzka I think he is class.. would be an upgrade on Can and can play further up the pitch if needed. I'd be dangling the carrot at Shalke now to try and release him this window.
What I dont understand is the devastation from fans that Can is leaving. The guy cannot string a few great games together to save his life - they act like the dude is irreplaceable :thinking:

I have no clue what is going on with Lemar. Pretty safe to say that he's our number one target, why haven't we even made a bid yet? It feels very strange. Lemar is very versatile... When it comes to klopp's recruitments so far, he's been pretty bang on, quite a few of his transfers have performed better than expected. I trust that he will know how to use Lemar as Coutinhos replacement.

cb4

First Grade
What I dont understand is the devastation from fans that Can is leaving. The guy cannot string a few great games together to save his life - they act like the dude is irreplaceable :thinking:

I have no clue what is going on with Lemar. Pretty safe to say that he's our number one target, why haven't we even made a bid yet? It feels very strange. Lemar is very versatile... When it comes to klopp's recruitments so far, he's been pretty bang on, quite a few of his transfers have performed better than expected. I trust that he will know how to use Lemar as Coutinhos replacement.

Can is good. Very good. Very powerful, very smart player.
He is replacable, but he is a very, very good footballer.

Lemar is number 1 target but he cannot play CL. I think we will move for him in the summer, same as Allisonn.

The links to Mahrez won't go away and he makes sense, can play multiple positions, not cup tied and will hit the ground running in the PL.

saint.nick

Coach
Can is good. Very good. Very powerful, very smart player.
He is replacable, but he is a very, very good footballer.

Lemar is number 1 target but he cannot play CL. I think we will move for him in the summer, same as Allisonn.

The links to Mahrez won't go away and he makes sense, can play multiple positions, not cup tied and will hit the ground running in the PL.
Problem is I don't think he's consistent enough at it, he can have some really average games.

I'm not completely sold on Mahrez, his attitude is dodgy at best and I don't know how he'd go in a central position. Really wouldn't mind Alisson though.

saint.nick

Coach
@Jack_Napier while Ed002 info is always factual, I feel like he can be really shit at keeping up to date sometimes, and the good ITKs like Graeme a Kelly will very often reveal factual gossip before Ed002. For instance people have been asking him about Goretzka for weeks now, and his standard response would be "I'm not aware of anything, he was viewed as an alternative to Nobby Keita". Then lo and behold I just read a confirmation from Ed001 that we really want Goretzka.

Last night he was adamant that Monaco (Emanalo and other old mate) refuse to sell Lemar this window, but I said to him well hang on, the manager just implicitly suggested that he could go this January, which undermines any stance from his bosses that he is unconditionally not for sale this month. Ed002 says okay well what he said is meaningless without knowing the question asked to him, it could have been about Fabinho. I said yeah okay, true, but the press isn't talking about Fabinho at the moment, they're talking about Lemar, so im pretty certain that is who the reporters question was angled towards...

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
As for our chances of nabbing pulisic in the summer... I don't rate them. I just watched a short Vice doco on him and he was a boyhood United fan. They will probably be sniffing around in the summer.

@Jack_Napier while Ed002 info is always factual, I feel like he can be really shit at keeping up to date sometimes, and the good ITKs like Graeme a Kelly will very often reveal factual gossip before Ed002. For instance people have been asking him about Goretzka for weeks now, and his standard response would be "I'm not aware of anything, he was viewed as an alternative to Nobby Keita". Then lo and behold I just read a confirmation from Ed001 that we really want Goretzka.

Last night he was adamant that Monaco (Emanalo and other old mate) refuse to sell Lemar this window, but I said to him well hang on, the manager just implicitly suggested that he could go this January, which undermines any stance from his bosses that he is unconditionally not for sale this month. Ed002 says okay well what he said is meaningless without knowing the question asked to him, it could have been about Fabinho. I said yeah okay, true, but the press isn't talking about Fabinho at the moment, they're talking about Lemar, so im pretty certain that is who the reporters question was angled towards...

In terms of Lemar media talk is Monnaco will only sell him this window for arounnd 90 million Euros.

I sometimes wonder whther Liverpool shjould be looking at a new kepper, and a new striker to go with m,idfield reinforcements. I think a quality striker might be needed as we need someone who can create their own shot when our "plan a" attack does not work. One who is more robust than Sturridge, buit can fit in with Klopp's formation. I don't have any candidates, but is my thinking on this askew?

Latest posts