What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

axl rose

Bench
Right reaction from the fans, though.

You give the owners an inch and they take a mile. RL didnt stand up when they started putting brands on jumpers and now we look like NASCAR
NFL fans drawing the line early will save their jumpers later...

I agree with them, that's how much respect they have for the integrity of the jersey. Not sure it will 'save' them though, not when a tiny patch is probably worth 100's of millions a year. The billionaire owners will say the money will pay for a new stadium or threaten to move the team. They will get their way, unfortunately.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its amazing the lack of advertising at NFL games, jersey, stadium sideline, pitch etc. For such a corporate sport in the capitalist centre of the universe it is staggering they have gone this long without sponsors plastered everywhere

Zigwaa

Bench
Its amazing the lack of advertising at NFL games, jersey, stadium sideline, pitch etc. For such a corporate sport in the capitalist centre of the universe it is staggering they have gone this long without sponsors plastered everywhere

They make up for that when the game's stop for TV commercials.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

They realised that somethings needed to be held sacred to keep the customers coming back.

(made up for it with the hours of ad breaks though, hey)

EDIT: I actually wonder what RL fans would pick given the choice: a clean jumper or a fast game

Perth Red

Post Whore
They realised that somethings needed to be held sacred to keep the customers coming back.

EDIT: I actually wonder what RL fans would pick given the choice: a clean jumper or a fast game

Pay TV lol
TBF we have dozens of sponsorships in your face per game and Ch9 dashing to an ad break every opportunity. We got worse of both worlds, unless you have Fox. TF for Fox!

axl rose

Bench

Kick off, catch, 1st tackle, 4-minute break. I enjoy NFL but League fans just wouldn't cop it.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, many years ago ABC used to show the game of the week late on Friday nights. I thought I'd give it a try one night, so turned it on ('Sports Tonight' had just finished on Ch10 ... that's how long ago I'm talking!) and there was 5mins to go before half-time. No ad breaks on ABC, but with stoppages and timeouts, ect, it took 20 minutes to complete those 5mins on the clock. And there was still halftime and the whole 2nd half to go. "Bugger this", I thought, and turned it off ... never to watch that sport again.

I dislike the walking billboard situation we're virtually at now with NRL jerseys, but if the only alternative was a much slower game, nup, I'll take the billboard jerseys any day of the week. The game is too slowed down these days as it is (what with video refs taking 2mins per decision irrespective of how obvious it may be, refs having mothers meetings with both captains every time a penalty is blown, and time off being called every time a player pretends to be injured, ect) so to slow it up even further? I don't think I could watch it if it ever came to that.

Danish

Referee
Its easy to keep your jerseys traditional when you are already making more money than any other sport on the planet from your other revenue channels.

The TV money is going to start drying up over the next couple contracts for them though. I can't imagine ESPN and the networks will continue to just offer more and more money given ratings have tumbled steadily over the last few years

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Its easy to keep your jerseys traditional when you are already making more money than any other sport on the planet from your other revenue channels.

The TV money is going to start drying up over the next couple contracts for them though. I can't imagine ESPN and the networks will continue to just offer more and more money given ratings have tumbled steadily over the last few years

Yes, but are the ratings falling because people are less interested or just getting their fix directly from the NFL app.

In the latter case, the NFL could be making even more money by cutting out the middleman and the TVs profit margin.

Pommy

Coach

You would have to be stupid to pick adverts like the NFL for a pretty shirt.

Danish

Referee
Yes, but are the ratings falling because people are less interested or just getting their fix directly from the NFL app.

In the latter case, the NFL could be making even more money by cutting out the middleman and the TVs profit margin.

The NFL don’t offer live streaming of all games in the US. That is for international game pass holders only. In the US game pass only gives you out of market games that aren’t being shown on TV in your city.

Their ratings are also down down 17% in 2 years. They’d need an awful lot of subscriptions to make up for that shortfall.

Their only saviour will be hoping Amazon are dumb enough to throw big coin at them

Either way, NBA jerseys have sponsors on them now. Give it another 5-10 years and they’ll all have something soon enough

beave

Coach
Broncos day on fox. Derby game from 1996 against the other powerhouse of SEQ RL.

FF6A0759-75A6-40B5-9F5C-C6B70C06EF65_zpsfllmbiy8.jpg

Has there been a better jersey colour than ‘baby shit yellow’??

kdalymc

Bench
Broncos day on fox. Derby game from 1996 against the other powerhouse of SEQ RL.

FF6A0759-75A6-40B5-9F5C-C6B70C06EF65_zpsfllmbiy8.jpg

Has there been a better jersey colour than ‘baby shit yellow’??
Would love to see what this jersey could have evolved to to the design was pretty shit

kdalymc

Bench
Having a garage sale tomorrow and going through my stuff I found an Alan Langer doll ... anyone have any idea on history of this and would it would be worth???

Latest posts